Breakfast protein ideas?

I dont like greek yoghurt or cottages cheese. Any high protein breakfast ideas that i can easily take to work please?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Hard boiled eggs

Meat and cheese rollups
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    I adore hard boiled eggs so I second that one. Is the reason you don't like greek yogurt the tanginess? (I know that's my kids' complaint about it.) Because I usually add honey to mine, about 1 tablespoon per cup, and that is absolute heaven on earth.

Most of the time I have a scoop of RSP TrueFit whey protein in about 10 oz. of unsweetened almond milk. I like that product because it has a fruit and veggie blend for fiber and includes a probiotic. By mixing it with almond milk, I get a good shot of calcium, which a woman in her 40s can't afford to not think about. It's also sweetened with monk fruit extract and stevia, so you don't get tons of calories from sugar. I usually can't stand stevia, but they seem to have hit the right balance in their formulation, so I don't taste the weirdly bitter aftertaste you often get with stevia. (I don't have any investment in this product except that I like it and use it. I find the best prices for it are usually at bodybuilding.com)
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    beans, oatmeal, tofu, lentils, whole wheat toast
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Eggs 😍
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2019
    Jumping off from above post: whole wheat toast with peanut butter! <3

Also if you like tuna, you could put tuna on your toast. I mix mine with lowfat cream cheese (neufchatel) and sliced green onions and I don't care what time of day it is, it's delicious.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    eggs: boiled or scrambled or omelette, or you can make little egg tart thingies - basically beat a few eggs, add some other sort of protein like ham or smoked salmon if you like it and something green like spinach and cheese (normal cheese doesn't have to be the cheese you don't like) - put into a muffin tray - bake in the oven and voila - you have on the go little egg muffin thingies that are easy to carry and they also can be frozen, or just kept in the fridge for a few days.

cold cuts: hams and all that or smoked salmon/ocean trout

Protein overnight oats: chuck oats and protein powder and some sort of liquid of choice and berries/fruit in a jar and eat it the next day - Google for recipes, there are a bazillion out there. You can add seeds/nuts to it too.

HIgh protein bread with whatever you like on it. You can get protein peanut butter (as in - added protein), or chuck eggs, meats, tuna, whatever on it

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    eggs: boiled or scrambled or omelette, or you can make little egg tart thingies - basically beat a few eggs, add some other sort of protein like ham or smoked salmon if you like it and something green like spinach and cheese (normal cheese doesn't have to be the cheese you don't like) - put into a muffin tray - bake in the oven and voila - you have on the go little egg muffin thingies that are easy to carry and they also can be frozen, or just kept in the fridge for a few days.

cold cuts: hams and all that or smoked salmon/ocean trout

Protein overnight oats: chuck oats and protein powder and some sort of liquid of choice and berries/fruit in a jar and eat it the next day - Google for recipes, there are a bazillion out there. You can add seeds/nuts to it too.

HIgh protein bread with whatever you like on it. You can get protein peanut butter (as in - added protein), or chuck eggs, meats, tuna, whatever on it

Yes, there are lots of recipes for egg muffins on allrecipes.com. Reviewers say they freeze well. So if you work M-F you'd make a batch on the weekend and freeze what you're not going to eat over the next few days.

Here are some:
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236039/breakfast-egg-muffins/ 21 g protein per muffin
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231510/amazing-muffin-cups/ 11 g protein per muffin (less protein due to the inclusion of hash browns)
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I just started putting Boca burger on and Arnold Sandwich Thin for a quick breakfast sandwich. If I am home, I add egg whites.
  • dr_amani_halim
    dr_amani_halim Posts: 3 Member
    -Eggs with vegetables ( sweet pepper- shredded carrot- tomato - mushroom) cook them on pan like omlet and eat with brown toast
    -eggs with shredded potato, cinnamon powder and shredded cheddar cheese.. on pan with little oil cook the potato first then add the mixture ( you can use boiled potato) and eat with salad..
    - egg and oatmeal crepes, there are alot of online recipes
    - fava beans
    - baked green burger( Arabian falafel)
    - pan bread ( 2eggs + 3 tbsp milk + 5 tbsp oatmeal grounded+ baking +salt +sugar + 1 clove garlic minced+ shredded carrot or zucchini+ oregano + rosemary+ black seeds)
    Cook like crepe on pan with drops of coconut oil or olive oil.. the mixture is enough for 3-5 breads according to size ..
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Not really an early morning eater
    I usually just have a thick protein shake
    That does me till my next meal
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    I dont like greek yoghurt or cottages cheese. Any high protein breakfast ideas that i can easily take to work please?

I do chicken and rice or quinoa and chicken.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Not really an early morning eater
    I usually just have a thick protein shake
    That does me till my next meal

Yes, this time of year I am a morning protein smoothie person as well.

When it gets cold, I'll make big batches of rice and beans with some ground beef or chicken for extra protein and have that.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

This. I make them every Sunday and take them in car to eat. I will add, I don't mind cold eggs, so that a plus too. Sometimes I add a few slices of pepperoni or salami to the bottom of the muffin tin, sometimes I add a third of a cheese stick, some bbq sauce or some peppers or some bacon. I can easily change flavor so I don't get bored.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Greek yoghurt with protein powder and fruit if I need extra.
  • unicorngems
    unicorngems Posts: 56 Member
    Eggs! Eggs! Eggs!

Scrambled or in an omelette you can add onion, peppers, ham, cherry toms. I tend to skip the cheese....

Poached! With half an avocado and grilled tomato.

Also protein bagels! With protein all natural peanut butter.

Yummy :)

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I don't much like Greek yogurt or ordinary plain yogurt but I have found I like Icelandic Skyr yogurt - might be worth a try, at least. It is particularly high in protein.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Bacon!
    If sodium isn’t an issue, surprisingly reasonable calories for crisply cooked.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Egg cups or eggwhite oatmeal muffins. I have a recipe that is eggwhites oatmeal banana and peanut butter I particularly enjoy. I bake a dozen at a time and it lasts me a week or more.
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    These are the things I do for my breakfast usually:

Protein Oatmeal and Coffee
    1/2 gluten free rolled oats
    1 scoop protein powder of your choice
    water to your preference of thickness
    1 cup of coffee for fun
    (I usually split half a scoop for my oatmeal and half a scoop for my coffee as my "creamer" )

Or

Protein Pancakes
    1/2 gluten free rolled oats
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder (prefer strawberry flavor)
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1 tsp splenda

(blend and make in a pan)

Toppings - fruit or sugar free syrup

:)
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    I usually bring egg whites, usually with spinach or other veggies in, kind of like an omelette, to work. I have insulated containers (similar to a thermos) that keeps them hot.