Today I Learned...

Replies

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that unicorn hunting is legal in Michigan and you can get an actual license for it. It originated from a Unicorn Hunters Club in the 70's only to gain publicity, but it grew and came to actual issued licenses for unicorn hunting.

....gonna have to check the DNR site for this, I bet it still requires the base license, but if it's not prohibitively expensive, I'm doin it!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    TIL that unicorn hunting is legal in Michigan and you can get an actual license for it. It originated from a Unicorn Hunters Club in the 70's only to gain publicity, but it grew and came to actual issued licenses for unicorn hunting.

....gonna have to check the DNR site for this, I bet it still requires the base license, but if it's not prohibitively expensive, I'm doin it!

It appears to be free!

hcqa17ca8sln.jpg

https://www.lssu.edu/banished-words-list/unicorn-hunters/
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

It appears to be free!

hcqa17ca8sln.jpg

https://www.lssu.edu/banished-words-list/unicorn-hunters/

I found it too, rofl. I'll wait til I'm home to print mine :D

CAN'T WAIT TO START (legally) QUESTING
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited August 2019
    TIL
    The woo button has finally gone the way of disco music.... :D
  • cee134
    TIL That Christopher Reeve bulked up over 40lb of muscle mass to play Superman with the help of David Prowse. Superman and Darth Vader were gym buddies.
  • cee134
    TIL that Saturns’ rings are, cosmically speaking, a very brief event. We are about halfway through their 200 million year lifespan and are very lucky as a species to be alive to witness them. “Some velociraptor with a telescope looking at Saturn would not have seen rings.”
  • cee134
    TIL sea urchins are called "sea urchins" because hedgehogs were called called "urchins" until about the 15th century. Therefore, sea urchins are ocean hedgehogs.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    That phlebotomists prefer to draw blood from a particular arm depending on whether they are right handed or left handed. 😷
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2019
    Light speed is pretty fast. A particle of light can travel around the earth 10 times in 1 second...
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Tennessee drivers will get off the interstate on a right exit ramp from the far left 3rd lane at 70 mph
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Tennessee drivers will get off the interstate on a right exit ramp from the far left 3rd lane at 70 mph

Lmao!
  • cee134
    TIL Randy Gardner stayed awake for 264 hours, a world record. On the 11th day, when he was asked to subtract seven repeatedly, starting with 100, he stopped at 65. When asked why he had stopped, he replied that he had forgotten what he was doing.
  • RunDesprate
    RunDesprate Posts: 63 Member
    That my favorite sticker company is apparently making my favorite food. p1rbw2hpnzba.jpeg
  • Crazygraciegirl_
    Crazygraciegirl_ Posts: 73 Member
    TIL I can sleep from 7pm-9am and still be tired!
  • weatherwoman94
    weatherwoman94 Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2019
    Diet Coke with lemon juice smells like a fart (or eggs) while you're drinking it
  • cee134
    TIL Switzerland has no landfills. 50% of the municipal waste is recycled, 50% is incinerated to produce electricity.
  • cee134
    TIL: In 2014, former MIT employee Ethan Zuckerman apologized for inventing the first popup ad in 1997.
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Today I've learned that the mfp forums are still a *kitten* show, albeit funny, after a 2 year break from the app

What is *kitten*?
    Seen this and I’ve been termed this but not sure what it means.
    Obviously I don’t do much social media.
    😁