No snacks? Seriously?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Like a lot of others, I prefer larger meals that keep me satisfied. I'm able to eat my 3 meals at the same times due to my schedule. If I had to space them out a lot more then I'd see a need for snacks in between (for example, lunch at 11:30 or noon...I eat dinner by 6 for sure but if I couldn't have dinner until 8 for some reason, I would have to snack around 5-6)
  • Serenity0429
    Serenity0429 Posts: 5 Member
    I snack, but I also do Intermittent fasting so I have to eat my calorie intake within an 8 hour window and I stop eating at 7 P.M.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Besides the calories, many experts are advocating a snack-free day in order to keep hormone balance, specifically insulin in check. Frankly, I say do whatever it takes to lose weight, but in maintenance, these are some of the options to optimize your diet. I’m not for, or against, just putting it out there.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Never did "snack" much, unless you call popping open a can of beer or soda 4-6x's a day "snacking."

No more beers or sodas in the frig and absolutely no snacking during the 16-18 hrs/day while I'm fasting.

No problems for me doing it but the results for others will probably differ.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    For me, I can't make it between noon and 6 without a snack. Except for days that I am fasting of course.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I'm currently on the no snack model but take a relaxed approach from time to time. I believe a strong desire to snack is indicative of a habit well formed or not eating satisfying meals during regularly-scheduled meal time. If you're well fed, I see no need to snack but this is me talking and not anyone else.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    Snacking eventually turns into mindless eating for me which turns into eating far too much.

That being said, if I'm especially hungry in the afternoon, AND I've been working out like I should, I tend to keep some Cliff or Kind bars at my desk and can have one of those. It means trimming down my dinner or lunch a bit, but for the most part I can afford the wiggle room.

Daily snacking throughout the day would reduce my meals to more pitiful than they already are, and I like to have a nice dinner that looks like a full meal to me. Even once I'm in maintenance, right now my losses are slow enough that the only difference would be I could probably safely have that afternoon snack most days instead of only occasionally...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    I find if my meals are big enough I don't need to snack, if not then I do. I try to snack on fruit to keep the calories low and the nutrition high. That said, sometimes life happens and I just roll with it. I am not gonna snack on fruit and celery if I am at a party... lol!
  • justkim9898
    justkim9898 Posts: 2 Member
    My calorie suggestion is 1330 but my Dr. Suggests 1200, I still have to snack. But I plan my snacks and eat them about the same time daily. It is not like grazing uncontrollably. But each person knows their limits and I agree some do better without snacks. However, I am like you. I need my snacks - but mine have to be low calorie because I try to stay between 1200-1300 daily.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    I prefer to have big, filling meals, instead of small, unsatisfying snacks. It's just better for me. You do you.

Same here. I eat roughly 4 proper meals a day. I have breakfast, 2 lunches and a dinner. And lunch number 2 includes dessert, and dinner usually includes a frozen fruit juice tube or fruit for dessert too.

Personally if I snack, it's not satisfying and I will end up eating non-stop for ages. Bingeing really.

And things such as looking at a snack which will cost me 300 cals for example, or eating a proper meal at 300 cals - the proper meal will keep me satisfied for longer than the snack.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I don't snack either but when I get the munchies stuffed olives fit the bill.