Replies

• ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 20 mins on elliptical
    Goal/Day: Had good day today. Didn't get to exercise like I wanted to because my daughter's bowling practice ran late and gotta stick to her nightly routine. I did manage to get in 20 mins on the elliptical during bath time, so something is better than nothing.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday August 27:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Still feeling so hungry but going to bed. This is one of those days where I want to just say bleep it and binge. Hugs to all of you!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: over by about only 20 calories
    Exercise: rested today. I finally feel like my back is ready for more exercise tomorrow.
    Goal/Day: Had a great day, appointments and practices for the kids. I was able to get my nails filled and a pedicure while my girls were getting their hair done. That was nice. Tomorrow is my last day of freedom before we are officially back on the clock for school. I plan on working out, then cleaning the house and relaxing.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 08/27)
    Track: Yes 85%
    Calories: over
    Exercise 20+mins: 40mins = 20min (bike in morning) + 20min walk before work
    12+ Water: 💧x 8
    Used goal app to track my Healthy Habits: 30%
    I chose ME today!! - Yes by getting in my exercise-2x. But then chose food and stuffing emotions at night. I need to learn to be more honest with myself like I was being. It’s hard when you do so good for so long, then slip into old habits. So it’s back to basics, to get me back to 100% on track. I’ve also made a deal with myself about football season weight. My goal is to NOT get over 250# during this next 2 months and to get back to my recent low of 240#. I don’t need to be all gangbusters about getting down to 199# by the end of the year if it’s going to stress me out and make me binge. I need to focus on being HEALTHY! Yes, of course, I want to be 199# by the end of the year. But, I also want to learn how to keep the weight off. And I know me. This is my favorite few months of the year. I need to learn to be in control and mindful, which means being overall healthy. I don’t need to be perfect or a super loser. Just healthy. So with that, I've decided to increase my calories to 1600; which with exercise still puts me at a losing rate. I can do this. This is a new start and it’s going to work!!
  • johicks
    Options
    @Rozbee1 ~ I’m so sorry. You are right, I did miss it. You snuck it in between all my posts, while I was posting. Ooops! So so sorry. I’m glad you checked the sheet and corrected me. Glad that you are eager to lose and work hard in September. On a positive note… for August you still have an overall loss. 👏🏽 Yeah!!! As people say, that’s better than a poke in the eye! Lol
    As far as suggestions for weekends… drink a warm cup of water (tea) before each meal and during the meal. This should help you feel more full. And go back to some basics (as I type remind myself of these!!) of putting down the fork between each bite, chew 20x, and enjoy the taste. Go ahead and have the dessert, but wait 2 hours after eating to make it a “snack.” Maybe after eating a nice meal w/ friends or family, suggest a walk. Or before even. It doesn’t have to be a sprint, maybe something leisurely and breathtaking to enjoy the surroundings. Try filling your other senses instead of your tummy or try taking in sights and sounds to satisfy your eyes and ears instead of trying to please your tastebuds. !!?!? My problem is I eat way too mindlessly on weekends. Hubby wants to cook for me and please me. So I’ve been taking (or reminding myself now) more steps out onto the deck to take some deep breaths. Take in the nature that surrounds us. I hope this helps. Oh, one more thing. Maybe on one of the weekend days, shake up your exercise routine… start off as early in the day as you can with 20 minutes of something or add an extra 10-20 minutes if you already are doing something. 🤗hugs 🤗

@jwall309~ Thank you for sharing and for still being part of our team. I feel like each of us on this team offers such an amazing perspective to our weight loss journey. And that makes it exciting to read the daily posts, as we get rejuvenated, daily. And you posting here will help you power through! It’s like that shot in the arm that we need! And also the cheers of joy 🎈 🎊 🎈 when you get a positive new event in your life that will help change your perspective and bring more happiness to your life. Congrats on the new job!! And we’re here to hold you’re hand when 👭 and offer support during life’s sad moments. Jessica, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. 🤗 Our pets are our children. Keep coming here. And oh btw, did I see you did Yoga the other day?! Yeah, you!! (or did I scroll through my newsfeed too fast and misread that?) That may help with emotions… Yoga. 🤗

@maswash9- Mike… two days in a row of posting. Alright!! Good job on tracking and the long walk to stretch out those muscles. LOL Imagine that! We take care of our bodies with exercise and food, and it rewards us by shedding fat. Huh!? Who would’ve thought? LOL 👍🏽 Awesome for kicking the sweet tooth. I am getting used to looking at the candy jar at work and passing it by. It’s not a huge trigger anymore. I do have one, but not every day!! :) Yeah!! We’re doing it. Keep working hard at the gym, and keep reporting back to us. It’s motivating for sure!

@ajaia2001~ Good job on getting in some exercise and working it in!! 👏🏽 You’re so right, something is better than nothing. Good job on tracking and being under calories. Are you still eating as you did on that 21-day challenge? Just curious to know if any of those habits stuck with you?

@skullsandskeletons~ YOU DID IT!! You do so good about going to bed instead of eating at night. 👏🏽 Super job of posting here and instead of “bleeping it!!” What an example for us. Thank you.

@jupdyke ~ Glad to hear about your back. 👍🏽 It’s hard to move anything when the back is sore and so easy to tweak. Terrific Tuesday!! Enjoy your Workout on Wednesday and the rest of your last day. It’s hard to believe it’s that time of year already. I look forward to hearing about what muscle group you worked. 👊🏽

P.S. - I want everyone to know that I’m not perfect. Please never feel bad about correcting me or asking any questions. We’re all human and we’re here to help each other. This is a team, almost like a family. I am a little scattered with time lately; but I think I’ve got my schedule down now where I can start my days with MY HEALTH, which includes being here. But that still doesn’t mean I won’t miss something. Computers and the internet can be fickle, too. And when pressed for time, I’m impatient with them. LOL Anyhooooooo! Let’s keep working hard in our weight loss journey towards a true lifestyle change. WE CAN DO IT!!

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    Options
    cdev5jiu9cbn.gif

WORK IT!!

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@johicks.
    @bootssowhite.
    @LuluLovinLife.
    @Mawash9.
    @Red1185.
    @skullsandskeletons.
    @Toyota100.
    @Jactop.
    @Jupdyke.
    @Klilev.
    @Rozbee1.
    @slytherclawz.
    @Terry111330.
    @Dillyg08.
    @Gustaaf85.
    @JamieD328.
    @rawrxamberx.
    @ajaia2001.
    @germaine_yee.
    @Jmacaroni.
    @jwall309.
    @perla4686.
    @Maddiesmommy6611.
    @wander216.

This is the last week of the August Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the September Challenge.

The ASeptember challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Run Track Minds (September) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761480/team-run-track-minds-september#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: yes
    Day: starting to get back into the swing of things, feels good to be back on track and back to healthy eating at home after a week of eating out more often than usual and eating heavy meals. My body feels like its starting to regulate and not feel as gross and sluggish. I have committed to weigh in this week, good or bad, and end the month being accountable to myself and the team! This is the longest I've ever committed to this journey and I'm not throwing in the towel now!

@johicks as always thank you for your support <3 I did do yoga last Friday!! some girlfriends and I were deciding what to do for girls night. We usually do dinner and drinks but one girl mentioned yoga and drinks instead so thats what we did! It felt so good, relaxing, and refreshing to do something new together and move our bodies before getting drinks! and thank you for understanding my emotions regarding my kitty cat. Sometimes I feel a little silly being so emotional about it, but we raised him from a kitten and I thought we had some years left. We find out tomorrow whether the vet can buy us a couple of those years or if its time to let him go. Either way I am committed to this group and wont use food as an emotional crutch during this difficult time.
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: Sunday, August week 5 (but I’m super late!! Sorry!)
    PW: 137.2
    CW: 137

One thing I did well:
    Ooohhhhhh I honestly couldn’t tell you. I mainly was stressed from work and worked long hours and didn’t really eat as much as normal. So not a great thing but not bad either!

One thing to improve:
    FOCUS!! I just went on vacation and I’m really disregarding myself lately. I need to just incorporate something more healthy into my lifestyle right now.

Catch you all in September!
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp/20 mins on elliptical
    Goal/Day: Nice Wednesday. Did good on my food and exercise today. Now it's relaxation time 🛌

@johicks That meal plan was for that 21 day challenge but it was way too strict for me to stay on 😏 I do try to incorporate some of those meals in my meal plans.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: over...oops
    Exercise: just a quick walk with the dog, met my step goal for the day.
    Goal/Day: It was a good day. Got a lot done around the house. It was pouring this morning when I was going to go to my gym class, so i didn't go because my daughter would of had to walked to practice in a downpour. I got in a small walk between raindrops today. Tomorrow is a Teacher conference day, then we have open house for students at night. Busy day tomorrow. I'm feeling stressed already. Lots to do tomorrow to prepare. I'm going to start the morning with a run with my bestie! All planned out. That will give me positive energy for the day.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday August 28:

I had a long day at work and got home late. Spouse was a total jerk tonight but I didn’t let it get to me in the way of my calorie goal. Thanks for being such a great support system, team!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: August week #5
    Day: Thursday
    PW: 314.4
    CW: 314.4
    One Thing Did Well: I kept attempting to track no matter what every morning this week.
    One Thing To Improve: idk what it was this week but it was hard for me to stay on track. I also wasn’t drinking nearly enough water either. Since this is a new month time to get back into gear !!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Calories: Slightly over
    Day: BF really wanted Thai takeout for dinner, so I stuck with beef and broccoli with some other veggies and measured out the rice portion so I knew exactly what I was eating. I had a light lunch to accommodate for the higher calorie takeout food, so I think I balanced it all out! One more big weekend coming up with the holiday, then I am buckling down and recommitting fully to this process.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Username Jamied328
    Week 5 Thursday weigh in
    PW: 164
    CW: 163.6
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, life got in the way and diet went out the window :/
    I've missed a lot of posts so I hope everyone is doing ok.
    I've decided to try and stick to maintainance over this holiday period as it's just too difficult right now.
    But today my workout class, which I've been going to for 4 years, restarted after the holiday break, so I did that for an hour and then felt pumped and went for a 5 k run! So I'm hopeful my weight won't go too crazy but still expecting a gain at tomorrow's weigh-in.
    I just hope I don't let it completely derail me.
    Can't wait for September and start a regular routine again.
    Good luck everyone.
    Sorry long post.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday

Track: yes
    Exercise: nightly walk

I’m currently on maternity leave and have been cleaning my house like crazy. I have more steps than I usually get. I somehow don’t drink enough water though when I’m home. I don’t know what the difference is, but when I’m at work, I drink a ton of water.
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp/15 mins on elliptical
    Goal/Day: Very good Thursday. Ready to enjoy the next 4 days off from work 😎
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Calories: over by about 800

So I undid almost 2 days worth of staying at or under my calorie goal. I had a hair under 2500 when 1700 is supposed to provide a 1 pound per week loss. I enjoyed it though and I don’t feel guilty. It was intentional and not emotion-driven! Hopefully I won’t overdo things too much this weekend as it is a holiday here and I have party plans! But it’s okay if I do because, life.
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Tracked yes
    Calories on target
    Exersize no
This discussion has been closed.