What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited August 2019
    8/28/2019 - at park during noon hour.

Ross Enamait Magic 50 as prescribed with 20kg KB - KB snatch R x 5 and L x 5 plus KB swing R x 5 and L x 5 plus burpees x 10 = 1 round - complete 5 rounds resting 1:00 or less between rounds - completed 5 rounds in 11:59 - average HR = 150 bpm (83 percent) maximum HR = 162 bpm (90 percent) total 127 calories.

Notes:

#1 - Burpees included a push-up and jump with hands extended overhead for each rep - last known time I did this was 12/11/2015 completed as prescribed in 13:49. Since learning of this metabolic conditioning jewel workout about a dozen years ago, I’ve probably done it a total of 5-8 times and I believe this is my best time. Another running dividend.

#2 - Found journal notes for 12/11/2015 and noted morning BW of 194.5 lbs. (24.8 lbs. higher than this morning) - workout average HR = 161 bpm maximum HR = 174 bpm. Also did it on 9/6/2014 when I was chasing my 60th birthday. That day, my time was 14:07 with average HR = 162 bpm and maximum HR = 175 bpm. No morning BW captured for that day but based on other journal entries on different dates, probably close to 200 lbs. So, feeling pretty good about today's effort.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited August 2019
    Remembering that I hate zwift races. 36 min doing a Zwift Academy race. Not the most enjoyable way to burn 346 calories in less than 40 minutes, but I had a good youtube playlist set up. Thinking about not completing the ZA because I have no desire to three more races and/or ZA group rides (which are an hour long and at a higher watts per kg than the 36 min of riding I just did).

Tonight I'm going to the old boat house to help do some more tear down for the move. I have no idea what I'll actually be doing - presumably something involving light manual labor.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Krav Maga stripe test today. This was the most physically challenging one yet. The instructors wear us out with calisthenics before we do the techniques, which make them so much harder. But I passed!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    6mi recovery run at 9:00/mi
  • aokoye
    I predicted that there would be two hours of "light" manual labor. I should have upped that to somewhere between medium and hard. Lots of moving of fences, lumber, and more fences in 95ish degree weather for nearly two hours.

Rewards:
    Beer
    Popsicles (the Trader Joe's latte popsicles are very good)
    Gratitude from my coach and fellow rowers
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    30 minute dog walk this morning. This evening will be a 60 minute run with 36 minutes at tempo (7:30-8 min/mile) pace. Weather is terrific today so I am really looking forward to it.

FWIW, I am training for Chicago marathon in October, which is why my workouts are so run focused at the moment. Looking forward to doing more strength and plyo when it's done.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Back & Shoulders Hypertrophy:

Seated Cable Rows x 3 sets
    Bent Over Barbell Rows x 3 sets
    T Bar Row x 2 sets
    Diverging Lat Pull Down x 3 sets superset with seated bent over dumbbell row
    Pull Ups x 2 sets superset with face pulls
    Close Grip Cable Pull Down x 2 sets
    Barbell Shoulder Press x 3 sets
    Seated Dumbbell Press x 3 sets
    Shrugs x 2 sets
    Lateral Raises x 3 sets superset with Front Plate Raise
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    I did different kinds of exersize with weights,and my kettle bell. I also did squats, pushups, sit-ups and two yoga poses. I did two sets of ten with 2 2 pound weights and a 2kg kettle bell. I'm just starting out with this so it isn't much.
  • aokoye
    Woke up at 3:15ish to thunder and lightning. No rowing for me (or anyone else this morning).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Just another spin class.
    9guanrq3dn88.png
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    54 minute walk about 3.75 MPH. Another 30 on the desk elliptical. Some dumbells (bent row, stiff legged dead lift, scaption, tricep extensions.) And 10 minutes of Mountain Climb, Mountain Climb Daddy (Yup, I'm the mountain)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Thursday.

30min stair workout with PT, legs felt like jelly afterwards

Short run, did plan on a lovely trail run but realised I'd forgotten my phone and turned back.

5/3/1 cycle 4 week 1 squats, finally squatting heavier than benching.
    Plus a few accessories
    (3x15@25kg sumo squats, 3x15@12kg straight leg kb deadlifts, 3x15@12kg single leg deadlifts (each leg), deep stretch)

45min circuits

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    8/29/2019 - at park during noon hour.

#1 = Kettlebell carries complex with 24kg KB - waiter carry R then L, rack carry R then L and suitcase carry R then L for 1:00 each carry with 0:15 transition time between carries - total time 7:30 - no HR stats.

#2 = Sprint 8 running workout - run fast 0:30 walk/jog recovery for 1:30 for 8 rounds = 1.43 miles in 16:00 - average HR = 146 bpm (81 percent) maximum HR = 181 bpm (100 percent) total 155 calories - fast run mile pace equivalent fastest 5:56 for 1st round- slowest 6:22 for 7th round - average 6:07 for 8 rounds.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    6mi medium progressive run to 7:40 pace
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    2 miles of various sprints/races, all designed on the fly by my son. One was a traffic light race, involving red (stop), yellow (walk), green (run), blue (squats), and purple (lunges). Great fun, we laughed a lot and were both pretty tired and sweaty by the end!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday yayday.

Suffering from some pretty intense DOMS from yesterdays sumo squats (my trainer is only sad that they're not from her workout), but that doesn't stop me.

30min slam ball workout with trainer.

2 mile (each way) hike with my boys

45min total body conditioning class, it's amazing how many different movements involve the inner thighs.

5k treadmill run. Did a blind run where I set up the distance and then covered the display, putting the speed up and down as necessary. (29.01, which is just about my fastest 5k in a very long time)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Today is a rest day and I am going to enjoy every bit of it. I did a 30 minute dog walk this morning. I plan to walk some more at lunch and this evening and do a bit of yoga and foam rolling. Tomorrow I need to be out the door at 5AM to get a 20 mile run in before we head out of town.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Rowed bow in a quad with my most frequent double partner in stroke, and two newer rowers in 2 & 3. (Non-rowers: Boat positions have numbers, starting with bow = 1) Only 6.9k: Tends to be a tiny bit shorter in the quad because I get conservative about where to call the turn: We approach the end-point bridges much faster in the quad. :lol:

Sometimes it's good, post-row, to have a 2 seat who's an almost-fully-educated osteopathic medicine student, and a 3 seat who's head of the massage therapy education program at the local community college. ;)
  • aokoye
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Rowed bow in a quad with my most frequent double partner in stroke, and two newer rowers in 2 & 3. (Non-rowers: Boat positions have numbers, starting with bow = 1) Only 6.9k: Tends to be a tiny bit shorter in the quad because I get conservative about where to call the turn: We approach the end-point bridges much faster in the quad. :lol:

Sometimes it's good, post-row, to have a 2 seat who's an almost-fully-educated osteopathic medicine student, and a 3 seat who's head of the massage therapy education program at the local community college. ;)

Heh - one of the people on the men's team just became a licensed physical therapist and has discount cards floating around for people in my club. And then there's the person who does ski patrol, at least one personal trainer, etc etc ;)