Automatic Flushing Toilets

13»

Replies

• Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    When I visited America, I encountered toilets like this and they scared me to death lol I thought I had done something terribly wrong

In America we decided that we weren't going to let people linger over their anal waste so the automatic flushers were installed.

And it helps prevent logs from being in the background of bathroom selfies.

Hmmm. I guess that makes sense. Perhaps because of the cultural difference, I find it strange that you'd want to linger in the toilets for long at all. And even stranger that you'd take pictures in a toilet. I suppose you learn something new every day :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Try getting a young child to use the toilet, the automatic flush goes off and scares the crap (maybe literally) out of them. Seriously my kids are scared of the noise now.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    YUL
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Still read this as Atomic Flushing Toilets but at least now I've moved on from disappointment and on to blueprints
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Still read this as Atomic Flushing Toilets but at least now I've moved on from disappointment and on to blueprints

😂
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Reckoner68 a bump just for you to see if you will finally read this right.

No; still Atomic
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Sometimes automatics have problems

3embk5awk6tv.gif
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    My work center has automatic motion-detection lights. Walk in, they see you and turn on; after you walk out and there's no motion for a certain length of time, they turn off to save power.

Unfortunately, if you happen to be in the stall behind closed doors for a few minutes, the motion sensor may erroneously think you have left the room and turn off the light. Makes it hard to read the newspaper...