Huel meal replacement

Anyone here try this supplement?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    why? just eat food. or less of it if you want to lose weight.
  • lisa2113940
    lisa2113940 Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love it. I'm a student with a full time job so huel saves me so much time on food prep and makes it so much easier to say no the all the vending machines and donuts brought in by coworkers. I'm also a vegetarian so sometimes finding a good, balanced meal outside the house is difficult so I always have one or two servings bagged up in my bag or locker so I don't have to settle for something unhealthy. I love that I can have a meal while running around when I'm too busy to sit down but need food. I find that I have stable energy for hours after drinking it, as well.

I recommend the new vanilla version, it's my favorite. Berry or chocolate blended with a banana is beyond good when I wake up early enough, too. The chocolate with instant coffee tastes like a mocha latte and with milk it tastes straight up like dessert. The berry alone is very subtle so sip it for a bit before making up your mind and avoid super sweet foods right before trying it. I love it but I thought it was too weak at first until it grew on me.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    I tried soylent and dropped $300 on it for a huge shipment lol! I was having stomach issues from recovering from an eating disorder and that stuff just didn't satisfy me at all. I remember 3 weeks on nothing but soylent and it made me feel awful. As cahgetsfit said, just eat real food. Those supplements can get pricey and our bodies are designed to absorb nutrients from whole foods. That Huel and Soylent is just a bunch of added vitamins and such that the body can't even fully recognize
  • ategan
    ategan Posts: 4 Member
    I have Huel every work day as part of my breakfast. I am doing IMF and don't eat breakfast until around 9am so Huel makes it easy for me to prep my breakfast and take it to work to drink when the time comes. I like how much protein and fiber I get from it. I am also a vegetarian so it can be hard to get enough protein.

My husband, an omnivore, turned me on to it. It is so convenient! When we don't want to eat much for dinner and don't feel like cooking we might make a Huel, sometimes just one scoop instead of two. That way we keep ourselves from eating junk and then are able to be done with food by 7pm.

My favorite is the vanilla also, though my husband likes the chocolate most. I have recently been putting the chai flavor booster in my vanilla Huel for a change. Alternatively, I sometimes blend in some sweet dark cherries in it if I feel like making an effort in the morning. (I am not a morning person lol).
  • 3011sophie
    3011sophie Posts: 20 Member
    My husband tried a full week of only Huel (no food!) as a bit of an experiment since it is supposed to be nutritionally complete - he gave up on the fifth day and ordered a curry! He found it really affected his digestive system, caused horrible gas.

Since his experiment he has used it for a few weeks at a time as a meal replacement for lunch when he is on the go - he found blending it in a nutribullet with a banana was the best way to prepare it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I found I have to chew my food to feel full. No smoothies, shakes or other meal replacement drinks for me!