Creating a recipe

Options
Aumu95
Aumu95 Posts: 10 Member
If I’m creating a new recipe, is there a way to add a recipe I’ve already created into the new one? I created a recipe for a pie crust but when I’m trying to create a new recipe for the actual pie, I can’t figure out how to access the pie crust recipe to list it in the ingredients.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Options
    No. You could create a food called pie crust and copy the nutrition information (manually) from the pie crust recipe. Which might be worth the trouble if you make a lot of different pies using that same pie crust.

Good luck.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I came up against this same problem today when I wanted to use a homemade tomato sauce (which I’ve created as a 1g = 1serving recipe in the recipe builder) into a cannellini bean dish I was creating.

What I did was weigh the portion of sauce I wanted to add, log that in my diary to establish the calories in that weight. (Deleted this after, obviously, otherwise it would be double entered) Then searched the database for a tomato sauce entry and just adjusted the portion size of that to equal the calories I’d worked out in MY sauce and used that entry in my bean recipe ingredients.

I appreciate that’s a clumsy workaround, and if you’re closely tracking macros it’ll not be totally accurate but it’s one way to get the calories to show properly in your created recipe.