Forearm pain on non lifting days

Hey there, I have been lifting for about a month now and noticed something very strange. I'd mostly like your feedback on the issue and also like to know how those who are affected by the same issue treat it. During lifting in the gym, I don't feel any pain in my forearm at all. However, on days that I don't go to the gym or after I get back home, I feel pain in the entire side of my forearm. The pain is especially noticable if I do any kind of pulling motions (lifting a gas tank, since I work at a gas station) causes a ton of pain, mostly after the stress on my wrist/forearm is relieved (after I put the tank down for example). Not sure what I should do, but it feels really scarry...

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    I know a few people who lift who have golfers elbow, it could be that. See a physiotherapist!

I had a somewhat similar issue that arose from doing the low bar back squat, and caused by the stress on and around my elbow in that position. I resolved it by loosening up my shoulder and chest.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    I was diagnosed with tennis elbow. Bought tennis elbow brace I wear whenever arm/elbow arm are inflamed. So worth having checked out and diagnosed specifically. I waited too long!

I did go to an orthopedist who specialized in shoulder to wrist. The relief and knowledge how to deal with has helped me continue working out with out fear of injury.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    I had this issue. It was tendinitis. I got it in the forearam which is less common. I did physical therapy and the used tennis elbow straps. Hasn't come back in like a year.