WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME TO WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the SEPTEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the SEPTEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @shockvalue07
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @lindamtuck2018

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @teresaw1020
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - @beka3695

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for SEPTEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS
Β«13456739

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited August 2019
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    cobkwxo4wa7o.png

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER THIS FIRST WEEK
    3dmzhe2kjktn.jpg
    I AM GREG AKA @Navydaddjtc I AM ONE OF THE CO-CAPTAINS OF THIS TEAM AND A GROUP MODERATOR.
    I AM MARRIED FOR THE LAST 30+ YEARS AND WE HAVE 2 BOYS.. DERRICK AKA "DJ" AND THOMAS AKA "TC" BOTH ARE SERVING IN THE US NAVY... MY WIFE MARCIE IS A 4TH GRADE SCHOOL TEACHER AND HAS BEEN DOING THAT FOR THE PAST 30+ YEARS.

I AM A RETIRED SPEC OPS WAR DOG HANDLER SERVING IN THE US NAVY AND WAS RETIRED FROM THERE AFTER INCURRING COMBAT INJURIES IN VIETNAM... MY DOG SHADOW X-117 WAS KIA IN VIETNAM WHEN WE BOTH STEPPED ON A BOBBY TRAP THAT COST HIM HIS LIFE AND ME MY RIGHT FOOT AND PARTIAL LEG... SO GOES COMBAT WIN SOME LOOSE SOME ..HO EVER LIFE GOES ON...
    dg6of6v9bkbg.jpg

I WENT TO A CULINARY ARTS ACADEMY IN THE EARLY 80'S AFTER ALL OF MY SURGERIES REPAIRING MY FOOT AND LEG AND BECAME A CHEF... I WORKED FOR 35+ YEARS AS A CHEF AND THE LAST 20 OF THEM AS A CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR TO AT RISK TEENS WITH THE BOYS&GIRLS CLUBS OF SOUTH PUGET SOUND THE SOUTH PIERCE COUNTY BRANCH. I HAVE A TOTAL OF 10 OF THOSE KIDS NOW WORKING AT VARIOUS RESTAURANTS AROUND THE WORLD HONING THE SKILLS THAT LEARNED IN MY CLASS.
    do15xfpg1r7p.jpg
    0nipbgmdd12g.jpg
    STUDENT EXEC. CHEF KATIE PARKER (CIRCUS CIRCUS SWEATSHIRT) AND HER TEAM BRAIDING BREAD STICKS

I RETIRED PERMANENTLY FROM ALL FORMS OF LABOR TO REST AND RELAX AFTER FIGHTING DIVERTICULITIS AND RECEIVING A FULL PERMANENT ILEOSTOMY. SO IF YOU HEAR ME MENTION SHADOW I NAMED MY STOMA IN TRIBUTE TO MY PARTNER OF 5 YEARS.
    SO THERE YOU HAVE IT IN A NUTSHELL

• 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Hello,
    I am Kim the other co captain on this team. I live in FL and will be riding out this hurricane we have coming. I live in southwest FL, so hopefully we won't get hit very hard, if at all. I work a full time job as a CNA and have 2 kids aged 19 and 9. They both live with me and my fiance'.
    Lately I have been struggling to stay on track. I have not been doing so well as a captain on here. I am hoping that I can get my head right for September and stop this cycle of losing and gaining. Lose some, gain even more. It's not healthy! I feel myself getting back into bad habits that I changed a few years ago. I hope we can all work together to help each other achieve the goals we have set for ourselves.
    Good luck team!!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Morning team! I am a team motivator and look forward to supporting everyone to achieve our goals!

Below is our team challenge! Please join in!

Workout πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ Warriors
    Weekly / Daily POST challenge
    πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

September Challenge
    30 Days to a new YOU! Overall Health!
    Fun photo Challenge to help achieve your goals!
    * Everyday we will have a fun photo challenge that will help us stay motivated to achieve our goals!!!

Sunday - September 1 Day 1: Take a photo of yourself

Example tmo: Monday - Day 2: Photo of lunch! I will send out the 30 day photo challenge!

By Day 30 - Post another photo of yourself! Before and after! This is not just weight loss, but overall health!!! Non Scale Victories as well!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Goal Challenge: Set three goals you want to achieve on a weekly basis and share your results to the team daily. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

My new goals this week:
    1. Gratitude journal and dedicate ten minutes along with ten minutes of meditation πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ with insight timer app βœ… ⏰
    2. 10K steps βœ”οΈπŸ’ƒ
    3. Nothing after 8 PM βœ”οΈ ⏰
  • SallyLuvsFitness

πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ Welcome to the team!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Weekly Goals! Daily Post πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Friday August 30
    1. Gratitude journal and dedicate ten minutes along with ten minutes of meditation πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ with insight timer app βœ… ⏰ Yes
    2. 10K steps βœ”οΈ Yes
    3. Nothing after 8 PM βœ”οΈ ⏰ Yes
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Steps πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

8/30 10,546
  • 20KimmieKim16
    WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE STEP CHALLENGE?
    bsu5h05so6cb.png

• Navydaddjtc
    bsu5h05so6cb.png

HERE IS WHO I HAVE ON THE TEAM SO FAR
    NAVYDADDADDJTC
    SHOCKVALUE07
    FITNESS327WK
    GUTCUTTER500
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi Team! πŸ‘‹πŸ™‚ I'm Nancy.... from Boston. I'm returning to the team after a roller coaster sabbatical away from Team Workout Warriors.

πŸŽŠπŸ‘πŸ˜SO HAPPY TO BE HERE AGAIN!!πŸŽ‰

About me:
    Started my journey 4 years ago in January 2015 at 240 lbs. (I'm 5' 9" tall). I lost 80lbs in 10 months and then joined a gym in the spring of 2016 and started Spin and Group X classes and reached my goal weight, a total of 90 lbs. lost, by June of 2016 (and that's where my username comes from--but it should say WUZslimN2016 nowπŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€£).

Sidelined, and a huge weight gain followed in 2017, after injuries (Lumbar herniations in September 2017 and vascular leg thing in February of 2018), but lost the 35+lbs. I had regained in 2017-2018 after joining this awesome group! Got back to goal weight by last February.

I have injured my right shoulder last July, which had my year long incrementally advancing workout routine sidelined abruptly--and a huge 10lb gain followed very rapidly. So a torn rotator cuff, bursitis and bicep tendonitis and having difficulty learning balance in my workouts/diet while coping with this change has me about 15 lbs. up and I NEED to get it back off me again.

Overall I have kept the grunt of my weight loss off me for 4 years, but I would like to stay within 10lbs of my low weight (which I am an additional 10lbs over right now). My goal is to lose 10 lbs. on during the September challenge.

Here's something I borrowed from an IG inspo I follow, that is helpful for choosing "MIND OVER MATTER" when cravings hit and you're trying to get back on the diet wagon again:

The mindset shift:

1. Telling yourself it’s not that I can NEVER eat that...it’s just not right NOW.
    2. Focusing on your WHY. "Why am I wanting to lose weight? How do I want to feel? How will my life be different?"
    3. Asking yourself the question: "What do I want the MOST vs what do I want NOW (in the moment)"?
    -
    Boundaries to set:

Promise yourself you can eat ANYTHING you want, but you have to take these three steps first:

1. Eat a full meal on your plan.
    2. Drink an entire bottle of water.
    3. Read your β€˜why’ out loud.

So much of my struggle is emotional and mental.... once I can get a handle on what is causing my choices, I can usually stay the course. It's not easy, but it can be done.

(Sorry for the long winded introπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ)

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    bsu5h05so6cb.png

NAVYDADDADDJTC
    SHOCKVALUE07
    FITNESS327WK
    GUTCUTTER500

I'll join the step challenge... post steps daily or weekly? Which is better?
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Nancy so happy you are here! πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ’•
  • Navydaddjtc
    bsu5h05so6cb.png

NAVYDADDADDJTC
    SHOCKVALUE07
    FITNESS327WK
    GUTCUTTER500

I'll join the step challenge... post steps daily or weekly? Which is better?

@SLIMn2016
    DAILY WOULD BE GREAT
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Workout πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ Warriors
    Weekly / Daily POST challenge
    πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

September Challenge
    30 Days to a new YOU! Overall Health!
    Fun photo Challenge to help achieve your goals!
    * Everyday we will have a fun photo challenge that will help us stay motivated to achieve our goals!!!

DAY ONE Sunday - September 1: Goal for the Month!
    Monday - September 2: Lunch
    Tuesday - September 3: Staying Hydrated
    Wednesday - September 4: Healthy Snack
    Thursday - September 5: Fitinspiration (anything from a quote or picture)
    Friday - September 6: I’m Grateful for...
    Saturday - September 7: Healthy Beverage

I will post the following week on September 8th. πŸ‘πŸ™Œ

By Day 30 - Post a photo of yourself!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Hi Team! πŸ‘‹πŸ™‚ I'm Nancy.... from Boston. I'm returning to the team after a roller coaster sabbatical away from Team Workout Warriors.

πŸŽŠπŸ‘πŸ˜SO HAPPY TO BE HERE AGAIN!!πŸŽ‰

About me:
    Started my journey 4 years ago in January 2015 at 240 lbs. (I'm 5' 9" tall). I lost 80lbs in 10 months and then joined a gym in the spring of 2016 and started Spin and Group X classes and reached my goal weight, a total of 90 lbs. lost, by June of 2016 (and that's where my username comes from--but it should say WUZslimN2016 nowπŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€£).

Sidelined, and a huge weight gain followed in 2017, after injuries (Lumbar herniations in September 2017 and vascular leg thing in February of 2018), but lost the 35+lbs. I had regained in 2017-2018 after joining this awesome group! Got back to goal weight by last February.

I have injured my right shoulder last July, which had my year long incrementally advancing workout routine sidelined abruptly--and a huge 10lb gain followed very rapidly. So a torn rotator cuff, bursitis and bicep tendonitis and having difficulty learning balance in my workouts/diet while coping with this change has me about 15 lbs. up and I NEED to get it back off me again.

Overall I have kept the grunt of my weight loss off me for 4 years, but I would like to stay within 10lbs of my low weight (which I am an additional 10lbs over right now). My goal is to lose 10 lbs. on during the September challenge.

Here's something I borrowed from an IG inspo I follow, that is helpful for choosing "MIND OVER MATTER" when cravings hit and you're trying to get back on the diet wagon again:

The mindset shift:

1. Telling yourself it’s not that I can NEVER eat that...it’s just not right NOW.
    2. Focusing on your WHY. "Why am I wanting to lose weight? How do I want to feel? How will my life be different?"
    3. Asking yourself the question: "What do I want the MOST vs what do I want NOW (in the moment)"?
    -
    Boundaries to set:

Promise yourself you can eat ANYTHING you want, but you have to take these three steps first:

1. Eat a full meal on your plan.
    2. Drink an entire bottle of water.
    3. Read your β€˜why’ out loud.

So much of my struggle is emotional and mental.... once I can get a handle on what is causing my choices, I can usually stay the course. It's not easy, but it can be done.

(Sorry for the long winded introπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ)

It's great to have you back Nancy!! Looking forward to September!!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    edited September 2019
    WORKOUT WARRIORS!!

Are we ready to rock September!πŸ₯Š
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Also posted on August:

Getfitgal123
    August week 4
    Weigh day: Sat
    Previous weight: 150.8