What to eat post workout

Hey guys and girls. The title says it all. I know what I eat post workout, my question is, what are you all eating and why do you eat what you do. Post below. Thanks.
Aaron

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    I was just curious as to what you all do. More of a general question to see what others eat for some research. Thank you for responding! 5% bf is low, real low. Do you have pics up?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I usually have lunch since I workout late morning. If I'm bulking it's a good amount of protein, carb, vegetable.. like a pasta dish or something. If I'm cutting it's usually chicken breast with zucchini noodles or salad. Why.. because it's lunch and I'm hungry :)
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    BHFF wrote: »
    I was just curious as to what you all do. More of a general question to see what others eat for some research. Thank you for responding! 5% bf is low, real low. Do you have pics up?

Not here... Still at 14%. was 19 when i started about a month ago.
    I will add some pics when i get there.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    I just tend to eat food. Nothing specific to make it "post workout", except usually trying to have some sort of protein. Because I am tired after the workout, most of the time I will have something simple that can be thrown together with not a lot of work. But it varies based on the day. The truth is that you don't usually need anything specific after your workout. Your body responds to the food you eat all day, not just within a certain window of time.
  • Rawrmachin3
    Rawrmachin3 Posts: 20 Member
    I work out in afternoon. My post workout is a large sweet potato, flank steak, and pureed avocado on the steak. Good source of fats, protein and carbs to keep a steady trickle into the body for what I need for growth.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I usually ride in the morning and then eat breakfast. When I go to the gym I go after work and then I go home and have dinner.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I hit the gym between 4:00 and 4:30 a.m. I have black coffee when I get to work at 7:00. I eat breakfast around 9:00.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Lunch if I workout in the morning, dinner if I workout in the afternoon, nothing if I workout late in the evening.
    Why? Because my exercise just fits in my normal day.

If I'm cycling more than about 3hrs then I eat to perform and refuel but otherwise I'm pretty relaxed about it.
  • elitesportsdude
    elitesportsdude Posts: 17 Member
    Im working out to bulk to i will have a protein shake and 2 peanut butters sandwhiches after my workout.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    Lunch number 2.

I work out at lunchtime (starting anytime between sort of 1145 am to 1pm-sh depends on work)

At 10-1030am-ish I eat a light lunch which is generally a salad or grated carrots, some sort of greenery such as cucumber, protein of some sort - usually sardines because yum and I keep stacks of cans in my office, and depending on whether i'm cutting or bulking I may add some hummus to it or some parmesan cheese or some croutons made from one piece of toast and spread some wholegrain mustard on it and chop into little squares.

Then after I work out I eat proper lunch which is generally speaking rice, beans (cooked Brazilian style, but not always with the bits of pork in it, usually without the bits of pork), meat of some sort and a vegetable or green leaf of some sort. Again, quantities vary depending on cutting or bulking. I generally follow the lunch with a dessert of some fruit, or sometimes a high protein yoghurt.

If i'm bulking or even at maintenance, it usually means I have the flexibility to have some 99% dark choc pre workout and 200ml pomegranate juice intra workout. Alas, when I'm cutting I don't have the caloric budget to fit that delicious pump-inducing luxury in.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Nothing in particular i just eat what left of my macros.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member

What sort of research are you doing?
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i have a protein shake and an apple, usually. but it's august and the peaches are frakking awesome right now so it's a protein shake and a peach. then i have breakfast about an hour later (i work out at 5AM)
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    edited September 2019

Just more curious if people are doing it "right" or "wrong". A lot of info out there, not all is accurate thats all. Thank you for commenting

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 694 Member
    edited September 2019

Just more curious if people are doing it "right" or "wrong". A lot of info out there, not all is accurate thats all. Thank you for commenting

There really is no right or wrong short of downing a bottle of bleach post work out. That probably won’t help MPS

Sometimes I have cereal, sometimes a protein bar or a shake. Or a bro meal like chicken and rice. Sometimes ice cream. In the end my focus is total daily intake. If I train fasted I do tend to aim for protein post workout but that’s about it
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Oatmeal with cottage cheese, vanilla protein powder and chia seeds. Sometimes some blueberries or other fruit. Aiming to get around 30 grams of protein and some carbs.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Whatever you prefer that meets your nutrition and training goals.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    edited September 2019
    I love my protein bars post workout and a couple of hours before workouts I have complex carbs
  • pdmatthews
    pdmatthews Posts: 37 Member
    I have scoop of whey in milk and some malt loaf once my heart rate is back down (I train in my garage). And then dinner follows about 1-1 1/2 hours later. I train about 5pm so dinner around 7-7.30

I have some rice cakes and walnuts pre workout

Hope that helps 😃