WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Karen I loved reading about your grandfather. I could picture him with the kittens. Thanks for the story and making me smile. ☺
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    zbcg1llra8m6.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    The grandchildren are arriving at 8.15 tomorrow and leaving at 5.45. :o
    I will have to channel KJ!
    I think we will have to take a trip out and have lunch out. Aaaaarrrrggghhh!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Michelle In NC-are you going to be alright if Dorian hits land??
    Debby In Va
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    Talked to friend today about setting up wills and trusts. She gave suggestions about home in trust, and I like her idea of taking pictures of the heirlooms to put in how we want personal property distributed and then give history on the back. The later idea is now on the list but admit it will take awhile to get to that one. Her suggestion for our home was look at our property tax bill. Unfortunately it showed me proof the other law firm did not do their job to get this done and I did not do my part to double check that is was done.

Without giving too much personal info away because this is a open site. If any of you have gone through this process and found ways to make it easier I am open to suggestions. If so speak in generalities and not specifics. Thanks.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    LyndaBSS: I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband to ALS. :broken_heart: Medications can affect your system with bad and good outcomes. Fixing what is wrong is good, but side effects can be brutal. I wish you best luck with keeping things in balance so that you feel good. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: It is great to see you posting again! :bigsmile:

Penny: It is great to hear from you!!!! :heart:

Marianne: Welcome to a great group. Post often! :star:

Margaret: We’re getting ready to create new wills. Our first step will be to get an appointment with our attorney. This is long overdue. :embarassed:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • LyndaBSS
    edited September 2019
    Katla Thank you for your kind words.

If you're having estate planning documents done, think about having Medical Directives done, too. It's important that your wishes be known should a medical emergency arise.

Of course, when Michael was diagnosed, we also needed a Power of Attorney.

Michael and I had our M.D.s done before he got ALS and they've come in very handy. We had also gone through the necessary steps to have our bodies donated to an anatomical donation program.

Hope this information helps someone. ☺

Janetr What joyous news about your great grandchild. I just became a great aunt for the first time. Very exciting!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    <3Lynda, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will stay connected with us and let us be part of your life as you build this new chapter.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    didn't think about it by bike I mean bicycle not motor bike rider
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    We did medical directive the first time we met with estate lawyer. Power of attorney was part of it both times too. You are giving that person tremendous power to make decisions for you. Husband is not a problem it is who to give it to if and when spouse dies. If you any of you are going in to do this think through this part carefully ahead of time.
  • pipcd34
    We did medical directive the first time we met with estate lawyer. Power of attorney was part of it both times too. You are giving that person tremendous power to make decisions for you. Husband is not a problem it is who to give it to if and when spouse dies. If you any of you are going in to do this think through this part carefully ahead of time.

we already had done that awhile ago. pull the plug
  • LyndaBSS
    Ginny I'm sorry for your loss. I can relate to the birthday memory.

I've had both knees and one hip replaced due to osteoarthritis.

We carry on though, don't we. 💟
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    677092ykivovsu3o.gif
  • pipcd34
    Pppp
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Here! Just tired JR (post menopause baby 2 1/2yrs in 9th!) his growth spurt y age change has made him not sleep much y hyper y won’t sit on the potty for 3days now! Waiting for him to find his middle ground fingers crossed 🤞. Just exhausted so hubby bought meal trays .Eating healthy y walking still.Lost 35lbs so far. Just tired gonna keep going pass out with JR jumping on me. Looking for a tall item for JR to play on since he can’t be in the sun for his skin condition must be indoors.So figuring it out found 5ft tall y wide length y width item but price is making us question whether to or not.All baby slides most stuffs too small for gigantism. Just too tired to think so left it up to hubby. Glad holidays over! Was up till 1am Checking on family in Odessa (I was born Ector County Odessa) my 90 yr old grandma y Uncle are fine we’re still checking on distant to 1st cousins y Aunt/Uncles their spouses (some died years ago so spouses rely on us in old age). Watching news to make sure I don’t see any of Daughter 1st cousins on list of dead/injured. So tired .Stay strong everyone keep in keeping on.
    Amber Tx

Aprendí a vivir
    I learned to Live
    Adios mi amigas.Buenos noches ⛈ storm rolling in so internet will be bad till it passes. JR wants to walk ttyl