Allulose - the new sugar substitute

Options
Trekjohnc
Trekjohnc Posts: 20 Member
Allulose has 10% of sugar's calories, and claims it does not spike insulin. It recently got FDA approval to not be counted as sugar in nutrition labels.

Of course, more study has to be done I'm sure until we have the official verdict on its health impact.

Has anyone been using this, and what recipes have you used this with - how did it turn out?

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'll have to research it, don't know this one. But, I am super sensitive to most sweeteners, so always looking for sweeteners that don't make me sick.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Okay, Might have to get some and try it...
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I am really leery of sugar substitutes. I prefer to use something as natural a possible. I usually just use organic sugar and use as little as possible. Let me know what you both find out and how it works for you.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    isyvanek wrote: »
    I am really leery of sugar substitutes. I prefer to use something as natural a possible. I usually just use organic sugar and use as little as possible. Let me know what you both find out and how it works for you.

I might get some if it's affordable. I have bad reactions to most sweeteners other than cane sugar, honey, and stevia. I want to try monk fruit, but can't afford the one without erythritol... Which makes me sick.