NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- SEPTEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
For the newbies, here's what it's all about: if you feel like you're self-sabotaging by munching/bingeing after dinner or like you're doubling your in-calories at night :/ , then join us in fighting late night snacking :wink:!

How this goes:
- each of us decides what late night snacking means to them (could be either bingeing, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)
- we post by the formula: Me: X vs. LNS: Y, where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won"
- additionally, you may want to add a * to the latest number.
- feel free to also post streaks of how many days you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated :wink: , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile! :smile:

Welcome!

Replies

• Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,837 Member
    @IamIam2013 Thanks for leading this challenge each month. I have been posting for a little over two years and it really has helped me reduce late night snacking.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

Streak: +3
  • dcq2
    dcq2 Posts: 120 Member
    Ok, jumping in, started 8/18/19.

I’ll define LNS as snack foods, chocolate, or high fat/carb after 7:30 pm. Fruits veggies and healthy popcorn allowed. I’ve set an alarm on my phone to remind me when it is 7:30 pm.

9/1
    ME 12
    LNS 1
    Streak 9

• izzymbd
    izzymbd Posts: 3 Member
    Hi!
    I’m new to this and bingeing and overeating is what I struggle with, so I hope this may help me in any way.

I’ll define my LNS as any food after dinner/supper, that wasn’t pre-agreed before to be part of the meal (e.g dessert).
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2019
    Jumping in today! - but i'll count yesterday too (Sep 1) ;)
    I do eat late some nights due to work, so considering LNS is anything other than hot drink after dinner:
    Doing this in conjunction with (Added) Sugar-free september (SF)

SF: 1

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Carrying existing streak from August.

9/1
    ME 1
    LNS 0
    Streak 83
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Thank you so much for your consistency at this, @lamlam2013 :heart:

I'll try this again, since the holidays are over and I need to maintain (though I'd love to lose back the few pounds that I gained from pre-holiday panic). Last night was not good (although So, Sept 1st... good place to reset...), but was not dramatic either. Just stole a few haribo bears from my boy :blush:, hehe.
    I'll ideally have dinner by 8 p.m. and have no more snacking after that.

Good luck all! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member

Streak: +3
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    This sounds like my challenge to a tee! LNs = any food after dinner at home including wine. Will go for herbal tea instead Monday to Friday. Weekend is fine for a glass of wine, but still no snacks when I’m home.

So far me:1 LNS:0
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,837 Member
    edited September 2019
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1*

What a way to start the month. :#
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    Same here 😬

Me: 0
    LNS: 1*

Amanda
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,078 Member
    Me1
    Lns0
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Day 2 checking in!

Me: 2
    Sugar Free: 2
  • dcq2
    dcq2 Posts: 120 Member
    Ok, jumping in, started 8/18/19.

I define LNS as snack foods, chocolate, or high fat/carb after 7:30 pm. Fruits veggies and healthy popcorn allowed. I’ve set an alarm on my phone to remind me when it is 7:30 pm.

9/2
    ME 13
    LNS 1
    Streak 10

• coverup783
    coverup783 Posts: 30 Member
    09/01/19
    Me 1
    Lns 0
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    Thank you for continuing... makes a great difference in my weight loss journey..
    Me..2
    Lns..0
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Carrying existing streak from August.

9/1
    ME 1
    LNS 0
    Streak 83

9/2
    ME 2
    LNS 0
    Streak 84
  • teach02
    teach02 Posts: 4 Member
    I absolutely need this challenge right now.
    Me:1
    LNS:1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Sept 2

Me: 2

Streak: 2
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited September 2019
    Me:0 - LNS: 2 (last night wasn't snacking, just dinner til 9) Goes to show I need this challenge...