WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Karen VA ~ I think they live on a hillside. LOL :)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited September 2019
    rori I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. You have a lot on your plate. Dementia is exhausting on everyone. I hope the reiki helps.

machka My heart goes out to you and your husband. I am glad, though, for the degree to which he's recovered from his tbi.

viv if there's any way I can help you move forward, please let me know.

Seems like there are many caregivers here. 💟
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,047 Member
    ❤️🙋🏼‍♀️❤️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited September 2019
    A lot of us are caregivers think we’re just in that time of our lives.
    1.My Dad & MIL (SIL takes care of FIL)
    2.Hubby
    3.Navy Daughter abroad 20yr old
    4.2yr old JR (post menopause baby 👶)
    5. Older Lady hubby kind of adopted

Barbie- Sorry for your loss hugs never gets easier.Have a meal in her honor sing her to the Heavens think of the joy of no pain she will have as she watches over you.

Amber TX

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    katiebug. I laughed out loud at your opening post “today was weird but I stayed out of the Chex
    Mix!!!!!”!!sounds like a bumper sticker I need <3

My brief bio: My DH and I live in suburbs north of nyc. I’m a long term music educator (orchestra)
    We are New empty nesters as our lovely daughter is finishing her last year at state university. My job is stress inducing but am trying to stay positive as I head toward retiring in the next few years.

I putter a little in my garden, love meal prep, and a little exercise everyday. Also love reading improving books and blogs and am starting to enjoy travel especially as it is one of my DHs dreams to visit fascinating places of historical significance. So our focus is to stay healthy and enjoy our next chapter of life, whatever that may bring.

Being a part of this group has always been a source of information, support and humor for me.

NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited September 2019
    Loving the pictures.

Lynda I am sorry for your loss.

Praying for those in the path of Dorian.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    I love reading all of the bios and introductions. I have been visiting this family of ladies since April 2018 and I learn something new every time these are posted.

I am 50 until Sept 13, when I celebrate my birthday with my Grandson who will be 8. He is my eldest grandchild and has a younger sister Michaela who will be 4 in January. My husband and I have been married 32 years and have two daughters Lauryn (my grandchildren’s Mom) and Kaitlyn who just got married this summer.

I started using MFP in 2011 and lost around 30lbs by Nov 2012, my Dad was dying of cancer and I couldn’t stop myself from eating. I then tried to eat my way out of a depression for the next couple of years. In February 2018 I started actively trying to lose weight again starting at 202 lbs. I had gotten as low as 175 by June of this year but have since regained 10 lbs. I am currently suffering from an injury that is waylaying my exercise and I have not been limiting my food intake to make up the difference.

I have just started a job that I love, working as an Office Coordinator in a nursing home. I am hoping and praying that this will be where I retire from, I love it so much.

I read all of the posts on here and used to comment to everyone but find it difficult now to keep up with work and wanting to spend time with my husband in the evenings. I also have found typing on my phone is causing me wrist issues that I can’t afford to have. I am hoping to get DH a new laptop for Christmas which will help my situation as I will takeover his old one.

Tracey In Edmonton

• LyndaBSS
    Barbie I'm so sorry for your loss. 💟
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    We are heading out for a shorter ride this morning. Probably going to go about 10-15 miles. Then it’s home to prep carne asada for a late lunch with my kids and grands, if they all come.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lynda: Thanks for adding in the need for medical directives as we put together our wills. That is a good idea that we hadn’t thought about. We have long held driver’s licenses that identify us as donors, but haven't put anything into place as healthcare directives. :heart:

Rhonda: Welcome to a great group. Your goals look very well chosen. I hope you will post often. :flowerforyou:

Lisa in AR: You and the rest of the women of 50+ have become important parts of my life, as well. :star:

Ginny in OH: So sorry about the loss of your husband in 2015. :broken_heart::heart:

Machka: You are doing remarkably well dealing with personal injuries and life challenges. I admire all that you are able to do. :star:

Heather: Enjoy your grandchildren and the chaos they bring. You are a lucky woman. :bigsmile:

Barbara: DH is doing a little better. He’s lost a bit of excess weight and is gaining ground through physical therapy. He needs to move more and is talking about putting his terra-tryke into service. That will require a clean-up operation in the garage. I’ll happily pitch into that task. :smiley:

Barbie: I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin. She seems to have lived a long life. I hope the balance was mostly good for her. :heart:

Happy Labor Day! My thanks go to workers everywhere who keep roads in order, stores, schools, medical facilities and businesses open.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Oiooo
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Happy Labor Day to USA Folks!

Carol in GA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Hugs and <3Rita it is understandable to be feeling anxiety and stress before DH’s surgery. Healing thoughts for a speedy successful procedure. <3

NYKAREN
  • LyndaBSS
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Today is my 2720 day streak!!

Wow! I literally can't even imagine that. Very inspiring! 👍
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Hugs Barbie!

Okie