Meal idea for tomorrow

how does this sound?
breakfast = 130g watermelon, 146g of strawberries
Lunch = 54g of raw spinach, 41g of red onion, 2 brown eggs, (maybe cheese idk yet)
snack (only if I'm still hungry) = nuts and two tangerines
dinner = 56g of corn and bean quinoa noodles(210 kcal), (I don't know what else to eat this with)

If you have any suggestions please advise :)
Along with this, I'm also following 30 day ab challenge on youtube with some 10-20 minute cardio.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I would starve on that and I'm only on 1310 calories. Is this a typical day for you?
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    Your welcome to look at my diary...Once reading these threads I realized I was eating too little calories and protein... When I upped my protein and calories I started losing weight. I work out almost everyday, tomorrow is spin day. I could not survive on your menu. My breakfast will be a rainbow smoothie- 1 cup egg whites, spinach, beet, banana, cantaloupe, blueberries and protein powder...I eat light for lunch, Costco Egg Bites and cottage cheese- dinner tomorrow is scallops, bacon and spinach. Maybe a fiber 1 brownie for a snack or dessert and my coffee drink with whey protein powder and collagen- about 1500 calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Doesn't sound like nearly enough calories.

How tall are you, how much do you have to lose before you reach your goal weight, and what is your weekly weight loss goal set to?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Like others have said, how many cals and how much protein is that? Seems quite low.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Sounds like. It wouldn’t satisfy a 3-year old. But it’s a good start. Add some bacon, toast, yogurt, cottage cheese? To breakfast. Some meat and potatoes to lunch. Some cheese, beans, salad and a small desert to dinner. Now you’re talking!
  • LyndaBSS
    In your other thread, you mentioned that you don't have a food scale. Is that still the case?

How are you getting the measurements you gave us in your op?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    that wouldn't be enough fuel to get me out of bed
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    In your other thread, you mentioned that you don't have a food scale. Is that still the case?

How are you getting the measurements you gave us in your op?

She just bought one: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/44134284/#Comment_44134284
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    But why those specific gram numbers in advance? Seems odd.

While my biggest concern are cals and protein, I'd note that's actually a pretty low veg diet too, if the idea is it's some "clean eating and super nutritious" thing.
  • LyndaBSS
    edited September 2019
    I fill out my food diary a few days in advance. I estimate my ounces for things like some veggies and might need to adjust the number when I'm making the meal. I typically pre-weigh my proteins when I portion them and put them in the freezer until I need them, so I know the exact weight of those ahead of time.

Wouldn't the same method apply here?
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    That doesn't sound like 1200 calories. Eat more.
This discussion has been closed.