Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    I’m in Florida, expecting tropical storm type weather starting tonight. Fortunately, Dorian looks to be turning north, but that puts others in harm’s way, which is sad.
    While work is closed I am decluttering here at home. It is making me happy to eat properly (no filling up on shelf-stable sweets). We bought fruit and meat as usual. If the power goes out Wednesday, we switch to tuna in foil packets and grape tomatoes.
    I hit my step goal all weekend and today. Maybe not tomorrow in the storm but I can afford a rest day or two with just housework.
    I appreciate the motivation you all give me!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @snoo61
    Are you on Dorian's path? Dear Lord, I hope not, because that hurricane is a monster. Stay safe. <3

I'm in North Carolina, on the east coast. Its coming at us, but should be less monstrous by then. Praying for those in the Bahamas, they're getting pummeled.

PLEASE Keep us posted my friend and as always praying for you and your family and friends to be alright and not be afraid.
    {{{{{{{{ <3o:)<3 LOVE and HUGS o:)<3o:) }}}}}}}}}

Thank you my friend. It won't get here till Thursday. My family, in Florida, seem to be out of the line of fire, so I'm not afraid anymore. I'll keep everyone posted. Thank you all! <3

So GLAD to hear Snoo---here's one more {{{{ <3 HUG <3 }}}} just because!

I love you my friend :)
  • snoo61
    Oma827 wrote: »
    I’m in Florida, expecting tropical storm type weather starting tonight. Fortunately, Dorian looks to be turning north, but that puts others in harm’s way, which is sad.
    While work is closed I am decluttering here at home. It is making me happy to eat properly (no filling up on shelf-stable sweets). We bought fruit and meat as usual. If the power goes out Wednesday, we switch to tuna in foil packets and grape tomatoes.
    I hit my step goal all weekend and today. Maybe not tomorrow in the storm but I can afford a rest day or two with just housework.

I'm glad you will most likely be safe during this monster storm! Thanks for the tomato idea, I'm stocking up too. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Oma827 wrote: »

You're a winner, period. <3o:)<3
  • snoo61
    edited September 2019
    <3 We've battened down the hatches and have everything as ready as we can. Dorian will be here tomorrow afternoon, but we are already getting some rain from it. Wind will pick up through the night, and we will probably lose power some time tomorrow. I'll check in with you all when I can. We are good here! <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    We're fine! Lots of wind and rain, but we didn't even lose power! Prayers worked, thank you!

Praising and Thanking Father God Almighty and happy dancing with ya Snoo!
  • snoo61
    RubyRed and Gisel, its that time of year! I was thinking that I need to go through my fall/winter clothes. Nice job ladies!
  • snoo61
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME I'm happy dancing right along with you!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    BOOM and YAY Ruby and Gisel--super wonderful way of thinking, living and DOING--YAY again!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Thanks to Ruby and Gisel, I'm going to redo my closet to put all the fall/winter-ish stuff in front and summer-ish stuff in back and just reorganize it completely--it's going to be a major N.E.A.T. exercising chore. PLUS, I've got a ton of ironing to do as well. So.... :/:#o:)<3o:)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Good plan @NewLIFEstyle4ME!

There are no cold winters where I live (S.California desert), so I don't need to be switching the order of my clothes according to the seasons. But I often check that all the clothes are good to wear and donate or trash things that are no longer needed.

I do keep things that I don't wear too often, but I found out that sooner or later, I will start wearing them again. So going into my closet is just like going shopping again.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    @snoo61 Great job, and happy that we could inspire you and others to do some "closet cleaning and organization."
  • snoo61
    edited September 2019
    I finally started to clean out a rolling storage cart. It has ten drawers that I have been using as junk drawers. I have been putting stuff in there for a long time. All of the drawers were stuffed. I cleaned and organized one draw at a time. I was able to clean and organize six of the ten drawers last night. Now I have them organized in separate drawers as office supplies, beauty supplies, first aid, tools and small notebooks. Another drawer I cleaned out but haven't decided yet what to put in there (any suggestions welcome). It only took me an hour and I ended up throwing a bunch of junk away. I'm going to tackle the other four drawers tonight.

Nice job! I put all our card games/decks in a drawer I cleaned out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!