My Plan that’s worked!

Hello! For some background, I gained about 30 pounds in just a few months due to stress and over eating. I tried to do diets and exercise plans that were just too hard and that I never stick to. This time around, all I did was restrict my calories per day. The app calculated I should only be eating about 1,200 a day to loose about two pounds per week. I am a very low energy person and very rarely exercise (like 2x a month). Just sticking to the calories count, but eating whatever food I want, has worked! While it’s a much slower pace, I have managed to loose almost 20lbs in less than 3 months. It was hard to adjust to in the beginning, but now I eat much less, get hungry much less and still manage to cover my cravings! I just wanted to share my story and my plan to encourage others to take it easy on themselves, so you can stick to it, and it still works! Any other similar stories?

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    you lost the weight too fast and will probably gain it back
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    you lost the weight too fast and will probably gain it back

This is not necessarily true. It depends on what she does going forward.

People can also lose weight slowly and gain it back.

#me_irl
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    I’m new to this site and at this point i still have 100lbs to lose.
    SW: 359
    CW: 277
    GW: 175
    Hopefully, I’ll lose 2lb a week on a modified low carb diet.
    ?: do you use the exercise calories you gain? I have thought that using the calories kinda defeats the purpose. What are your thoughts?
    Look forward to your comments.
    Marabeth
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    htebaram wrote: »
    ?: do you use the exercise calories you gain? I have thought that using the calories kinda defeats the purpose. What are your thoughts?
    Marabeth

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503681/exercise-calories-do-i-eat-these-a-video-explanation/p1
  • annehammock
    annehammock Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all,
    Sorry for my delay, I never thought I’d get any responses so I never really thought to check. So thank you all for responding, and I understand the concerns. The changes I made did not affect my energy levels or health, and I certainly was not starving myself. In the beginning, I made lower calorie choices so I could eat when I was hungry, but after I adjusted a bit I could eat what I wanted in smaller portions. I have always been on the lower side of an average BMI and my weight gain was extremely rapid. I did my research and the app also did not alert me it was too fast, and I stand by the fact that it wasn’t unhealthy.
  • annehammock
    annehammock Posts: 3 Member
    htebaram wrote: »
    Marabeth

Thanks for the response. I found that when I did exercise, I tended to want more to eat, so I didn’t stop myself. Sometimes it seemed like it defeated the purpose, but don’t discredit the calories you earned!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Hello all,
    Sorry for my delay, I never thought I’d get any responses so I never really thought to check. So thank you all for responding, and I understand the concerns. The changes I made did not affect my energy levels or health, and I certainly was not starving myself. In the beginning, I made lower calorie choices so I could eat when I was hungry, but after I adjusted a bit I could eat what I wanted in smaller portions. I have always been on the lower side of an average BMI and my weight gain was extremely rapid. I did my research and the app also did not alert me it was too fast, and I stand by the fact that it wasn’t unhealthy.

Your maintenance calories are about 1950 calories per day. When you selected 2 pounds per week the app could not give you a full 1000 calorie per day deficit because that would have dropped you to 950 calories. It capped you off at 1200 which was actually about 1.5 pounds per week. So you actually did hit an app safeguard which made your weight loss slightly less aggressive.