Share your Numbers

Replies

• jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Started at 425 -- down 120 now to 304, but need to reach 220 to actually be "healthy" for my height, weight, and frame. Well into my first Century loss medallion for TOPS...would like to achieve and KEEP the second Century by this time next year, but the going can be slow!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    jim_pipkin wrote: »
    Started at 425 -- down 120 now to 304, but need to reach 220 to actually be "healthy" for my height, weight, and frame. Well into my first Century loss medallion for TOPS...would like to achieve and KEEP the second Century by this time next year, but the going can be slow!

You will get there. It is kind of hard to judge how long the end part will take when you drop to 1 pound a week. Even before then though it definitely gets slower. It was kind of a shock when I saw my projections for year 2 and I lose 60 pounds less overall than I did in year 1. Starting year 3 I would have dropped to 1 pound a week and it would have taken most of the year to lose my last 40. All of that is changed with my upcoming surgery so I don't know how it will all play out now.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    I havent gotten too much into predictions/projections, right now I just track and collect data. I can definitely see how as you get towards the end your ability to maintain deficit is gonna decrease. Right now I think who cares, if I get down to 275 or 250 and maintain, I was 430. I understand perspective changes as you change though. Just work the system and it will take care of itself.
  • NovusDies
    jjlewey wrote: »
    I havent gotten too much into predictions/projections, right now I just track and collect data. I can definitely see how as you get towards the end your ability to maintain deficit is gonna decrease. Right now I think who cares, if I get down to 275 or 250 and maintain, I was 430. I understand perspective changes as you change though. Just work the system and it will take care of itself.

I would have hated to have any type of predictions early on. I started my spreadsheet toward the end of my 6th month and it was around month 10 that I started predictions. I started needing them for things like following up with the plastic surgeon and travel planning. Trying to determine how mobile I would be based on my weight helped me decide what kind of vacations to plan.

Lately I have been obsessed with it because I am on a deadline but under normal circumstances I try not to think about it too much so I definitely agree with your working the system approach.
  • NovusDies
    Numbers Day

Weekly Scale Results :1.6
    Weight Change By Deficit : 2.48
    Masking: 0

3 wk RoL: 2.67
    6 wk RoL: 3.17

I will look at my SS some more a little later and see if I feel that 6 week rate of loss means I might be able to relax a little this weekend. That number is higher than my target by .42 pound per week. The 3 week is in line with expectation though. I need to spend some time with it and go back over my projections carefully.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Number update today:
    1. Today will be day 77 of walking at least 5 miles & 11,000 steps a day.
    2. My streak on MFP is 116 days.
    3. I am down 20 pounds.
    4. I have walked 577 miles since April 20, 2019.

(No change in weight from last week. Daily weight fluctuated all week, but no loss from the total. It might be because the kids and I added in some basketball and I'm holding water from that. That's the reason I'm going with anyway. I know I did not over eat.)
  • NovusDies
    Number update today:
    1. Today will be day 77 of walking at least 5 miles & 11,000 steps a day.
    2. My streak on MFP is 116 days.
    3. I am down 20 pounds.
    4. I have walked 577 miles since April 20, 2019.

(No change in weight from last week. Daily weight fluctuated all week, but no loss from the total. It might be because the kids and I added in some basketball and I'm holding water from that. That's the reason I'm going with anyway. I know I did not over eat.)

Seems like a good explanation. Sometimes there does not seem to be one but as long as you are sure you are in a calorie deficit the scale will eventually give you a new low.

Some people eventually form nearly predictable patterns. You sway for a bit and then you start a "whoosh" and in a day or so you hit your new low.
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    Weigh day today, I have officially lost 3st!!! I’m only 2st away from my goal weight. I kind of feel like I’m losing it too quick??
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Weigh day today, I have officially lost 3st!!! I’m only 2st away from my goal weight. I kind of feel like I’m losing it too quick??

That's brilliant, I'm not sure what your time frame has been but if you're worried perhaps you could switch to a 0.5lb a week target as you get closer.
  • NovusDies
    edited August 2019

If you would like we can help you evaluate your recent rate of loss trend to help guide you. Sometimes it is harder to see amidst weight fluctuations and whooshes.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    I lost 7 pounds in August, 264.8 to 257.8. I walked 162.43 miles and 358,834 steps as tracked by my Fitbit.
  • NovusDies
    I lost 7 pounds in August, 264.8 to 257.8. I walked 162.43 miles and 358,834 steps as tracked by my Fitbit.

That is 4 & 1/2 week rate of loss of 1.58 pounds per week which means your average daily deficit was 790 calories. Not really high if your goal is 1.5 pounds per week. you would need to add 250ish calories to your day to drop back to 1 pound per week.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Checking in with my monthly numbers update. August was a great month for me. I attribute most of my success to running, which I started early this month.

1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8 (-17.8)
    3/1: 360.6 (-26.0)
    4/1: 348.9 (-37.7)
    5/1: 341.0 (-45.6)
    6/1: 332.6 (-54.0)
    7/1: 322.9 (-63.7)
    8/1: 317.7 (-68.9)
    9/1: 306.2 (-80.4)

You my friend are a super hero 🦸‍♂️🦹‍♂️🏋️‍♂️
  • TwinThompson
    NovusDies wrote: »

If you would like we can help you evaluate your recent rate of loss trend to help guide you. Sometimes it is harder to see amidst weight fluctuations and whooshes.

How do you evaluate?? (Sorry for late reply, I’ve been MIA for my birthday week lol)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies wrote: »

How do you evaluate?? (Sorry for late reply, I’ve been MIA for my birthday week lol)

No need to apologize. The beauty of a message board is that you reply when you get a chance.

With 2st left to lose you definitely do not want to be losing faster than about 1 pound a week so all you need to do is compare a recent result with one from about 6 weeks ago.

If you are losing more than 1.2 pounds per week multiply the result times 3500 and then divide it by 7. Take that result and subtract 500 and it will tell you how many more calories to eat each day on average.

Or you can give me a recent result with the date and one from about 6 weeks ago with the date it happened and I can do it for you... I think it has been well established I like doing the math. :)
  • TwinThompson
    @NovusDies thank god you offered lol!!
    On 19/7/19 I was 250lbs
    30/8/19 I was 235lbs
  • NovusDies
    @TwinThompson

That is a loss of 15 pounds over 42 days for an average weekly loss of 2.5 pounds per week. Your average deficit over the 42 days was 1250 calories. This is too fast with 2st (28 pounds for anyone else reading) to go.

Ok so what you do not want to do is overcompensate so can you give me your weight and the date for 6 weeks before July 19th? My concern is that you might have been retaining water the week of the 19th and it is inflating your loss. I prefer to be thorough in these situations because if you start eating more calories on bad info it could slow down or stall your progress.
  • TwinThompson
    @NovusDies

On 7/6/19 I was 264lbs.

Should I be aiming to eat more calories then??
  • NovusDies
    @NovusDies

On 7/6/19 I was 264lbs.

Should I be aiming to eat more calories then??

That is a loss of 29 pounds over 84 days. This averages to 2.41 pounds per week.

You haven't lost too fast for that long because you were losing about 1 percent of your body weight per week. It was not unsafe but considered aggressive by some.

Since your goal is 211 you can just drop to 1.5 pounds per week which means you should start eating a little more now. Based on your 12 week results you can add about 400 calories to your day.