What's on your mind?

Replies

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I’ll be 40 this week- realistically my life is likely half way over - 🤷‍♂️ speaking of - what up @Reckoner68 @tinkerhellraiser

Yeah, honestly I didn't expect to make it this far. And it's not here yet, maybe I won't? Who knows. I always get like this tho
  • Reckoner68
    I’ll be 40 this week- realistically my life is likely half way over - 🤷‍♂️ speaking of - what up @Reckoner68 @tinkerhellraiser
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

Yeah, honestly I didn't expect to make it this far. And it's not here yet, maybe I won't? Who knows. I always get like this tho

we should have a party

...I thought this was the party? I'm down tho. 40 for me too this year so /flex
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member

we should have a party

...I thought this was the party? I'm down tho. 40 for me too this year so /flex

Same.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member

😒just wait it gets better🙄 yup all downhill and easy like....but yay you!🤘😏

😋💗
  • Tinydancer106
    i got major nap guilt rn bc i fell asleep for like 3 hours and my 10 year old took care of everything instead of waking me up and idk why but it’s killing me like makes me want to cry

It's practice for independence, it'll be OK

You are good....🙌 ....and right @tinkerhellraiser 💗....they are probably proud of the responsibility and you're so sweet I'm sure they look for ways to help mom....it's hard to let them grow up I know.....but you're helping them too not taking advantage and that's a huge difference👍🤗
  • Reckoner68
    @Reckoner68 @Cowsfan1 have yall noticed that time has started moving faster now? my moms used to say that was “the quickening” but i think she ripped off that word from the Highlander

That definitely sounds like Highlander, for sure. Did she ever say "There can be only one" by any chance?

Yeah, time's going faster, because I waste a lot of my days waiting for my few hours of "freedom"

Treating every moment like a gift does not seem to help, no matter how many times I write it in cursive font on a plaque that I hang in the kitchen
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    @Reckoner68 @Cowsfan1 have yall noticed that time has started moving faster now? my moms used to say that was “the quickening” but i think she ripped off that word from the Highlander

That definitely sounds like Highlander, for sure. Did she ever say "There can be only one" by any chance?

Yeah, time's going faster, because I waste a lot of my days waiting for my few hours of "freedom"

Treating every moment like a gift does not seem to help, no matter how many times I write it in cursive font on a plaque that I hang in the kitchen

u need to write in all caps, kinda threatening

EVERY DAY IS A GIFT

That why it’s called THE PRESENT !!
  • Reckoner68

u need to write in all caps, kinda threatening

EVERY DAY IS A GIFT

That why it’s called THE PRESENT !!

"He almost made it to 40. We're not sure what did him in..."

....but my ghost knows

my

ghost

knows

!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cowsfan1

And yeah the older we get the faster this train goes yo -
  • Cowsfan1

Do you guys ever feel like you should feel 40 but don’t - like I should feel like a responsibile adult - most days I still feel like a punk kid that refuses to buy a suit 🤷‍♂️
  • Reckoner68

Do you guys ever feel like you should feel 40 but don’t - like I should feel like a responsibile adult - most days I still feel like a punk kid that refuses to buy a suit 🤷‍♂️

I legitimately feel like I've been on borrowed time for a few years, and most days it's kinda a curiosity to me that I'm still here. I don't feel young, I just feel tired
  • Cowsfan1

sometimes i feel like a kid and sometimes i feel ancient but ya i refuse to buy a suit or have a 9-5 bc *kitten* the man

Lol I work for the man - twice in the last month I’ve been told I look like Eminem and vanilla ice lol - so maybe im really just a Middle Aged white rapper not a punk kid ??
  • Cowsfan1

I legitimately feel like I've been on borrowed time for a few years, and most days it's kinda a curiosity to me that I'm still here. I don't feel young, I just feel tired

I feel like you’re gonna live to be 100 - just cause karma might find that *kitten* funny
  • Tinydancer106
    @Cowsfan1 I am gonna throw my perspective from further in the future.....like alot.😒....40 is nada.....feel like you want to feel, ya we get tired easier every year and our knees make funny ( horrible) noises now you.....but you're still your same you and if you.give into thinking 40 is it.....believe me when I tell you that you'll look back on it like it was your 20s! Just make your body as strong and sharp as you can and try to keep your mind along for the ride.....you still are that punk...I'm still that silly girl....but putting a limit on it ain't the way to go dude! You're a cool guy, youthful and fun loving....you're gonna have to hold on to that real tight....stay young inside and make your body follow....I'm playing catch up and it sucks ....don't stop taking care of you and you will be F&D ( fine & dandy) for a hella long time.....this I promise! 🙌🤗.💗
  • Cowsfan1
    @Cowsfan1 I am gonna throw my perspective from further in the future.....like alot.😒....40 is nada.....feel like you want to feel, ya we get tired easier every year and our knees make funny ( horrible) noises now you.....but you're still your same you and if you.give into thinking 40 is it.....believe me when I tell you that you'll look back on it like it was your 20s! Just make your body as strong and sharp as you can and try to keep your mind along for the ride.....you still are that punk...I'm still that silly girl....but putting a limit on it ain't the way to go dude! You're a cool guy, youthful and fun loving....you're gonna have to hold on to that real tight....stay young inside and make your body follow....I'm playing catch up and it sucks ....don't stop taking care of you and you will be F&D ( fine & dandy) for a hella long time.....this I promise! 🙌🤗.💗

You’re wicked wise Ali
  • Cowsfan1

sometimes i feel like a kid and sometimes i feel ancient but ya i refuse to buy a suit or have a 9-5 bc *kitten* the man

Lol I work for the man - twice in the last month I’ve been told I look like Eminem and vanilla ice lol - so maybe im really just a Middle Aged white rapper not a punk kid ??

ya i edited that bc it seemed kinda insulting and i didn’t mean it that way

Nah I didn’t think it was insulting at all - more ironic maybe - I got what you were saying
  • keplinger94
    keplinger94 Posts: 220 Member
    Well...*kitten*. That is all. 3 strikes I’m out.
  • Cowsfan1
    Pulp fiction such a great movie
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Pulp fiction such a great movie

Could never figure out the big deal with that movie