Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• shannonlesley9
    shannonlesley9 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in!

I had stopped drinking alcohol for months until around July this summer and even after two months of periodic social drinking I am noticing I'm sluggish and not feeling as good as I had been earlier this year. Time for a reset!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    Thanks for the thread @MissMay
    As usual, I am going to work on 4-5 AF days per week.
    I managed 18AF days out of 31 for August somehow.
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF

Running total: 1 AF days out of 2 days so far
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    I’m in!

I had a much more moderate August than previous months - finishing with 15 AF days.
    September should be similar I only foresee a couple of weeks/events that may be challenging.

Welcome to the new faces - those abstaining and those cutting back. Lots of help and support here.

So far I’m 1/2 for AF days in the month. ;)
  • I'm in!
  • dawnbgethealthy

I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P

Running total: 2 AF days out of 3 days so far - now I can't stop thinking of Meatloaf's "2 outa 3 ain't bad" earworm.
  • annshandle
    annshandle Posts: 68 Member
    9/3 - AF - planning the same for tonight.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    9/3 - AF
    9/4 - AF

Feeling good today! AF and stayed within my calories!
  • dawnbgethealthy

September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.

Running total: 3 AF days out of 4 days so far
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    I’m also 3/4 days AF for September and super proud I’m on pace with @dawnbgethealthy !
  • annshandle
    annshandle Posts: 68 Member
    Skating looks fun! I'm good for 2 in a row so far this week, planning the same tonight.
    9/3 - AF
    9/4 - AF