Lose 5lbs+ in September 2019

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,638 Member
    Original starting weight – 253
    September starting weight – 192.6
    September goal – 187.6
    Ultimate goal – 145 to 155 (We’ll see when we get closer)

01 - 192.6
    09 – 194.8 Up for the holiday, now moving back down.
    16 – xxxxx
    23 – xxxxx
    30 - xxxxx
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    September has started and I am sitting at 101 workouts for 2019 at our local gym. My husband is 1 workout away from 100. :)

I have noticed that I am losing a bit of muscle in my arms so I will step away from cardio a bit and add strength exercises again. Initially, I started with a mix of strength exercises and cardio which I have learned leads to slow weight loss [10 lbs in 7 months] but I do love my small muscle gains.

Have a good September everyone!

MFP Starting Weight: 140 lbs - February 2011
    Current Starting Weight: 147 lbs - November 2017
    September Starting Weight: 127.4 lbs
    September Goal: 124.4 lbs

Height: 5ft

Ultimate Goal: 120 lbs [possibly 115 depending on how I feel about 120]

Weigh-In Day: Friday and Monday

September 2: 126.8 at 7am [ I am off to the races because I was standing for 2 hours on Sunday evening at a concert. ]

Total Loss for September:
  • nic0023
    nic0023 Posts: 15 Member
    Original starting weight - 172.5
    September starting weight - 163.5
    September goal - 158.5
    Ultimate goal - 145

9/1 - 163.5
    9/8 -
    9/15 -
    9/22 -
    9/29 -
    9/30 -

Total loss for September:
  • Thankyou for taking over. After 3 years of my doing it lol

Good luck everyone, I hope you all reach your goal this month :)

I will not be participating in this challenge however as I still have mine to upkeep.

Good job last month everyone :)
  • Danfat2fit
    Danfat2fit Posts: 5 Member
    5ft 2 female. I’ve not really made much progress so hoping joining a challenge will Keep me accountable. I will be weighing in every Friday.

September starting weight- 165
    September Goal- 158
    Ultimate Goal- 133

• nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Hi everyone, Jumping on board this month ^_^

OW: 82kg - ish (waaay back)
    UGW: 63kg/138lbs (or 2.5" off waist)
    AUG 2019 Average: 70.1kg/154.5lbs
    SEP 2019 Goal: 67.5kg/148lbs

5/09/19 -- 69.0 (yay lightest have been in almost a year!)
  • Lenamarshae
    Lenamarshae Posts: 57 Member
    Hi Everyone! I’m in for the challenge:

Sep SW: 154
    September goal weight: 149
    Ultimate goal weight: 140

Sep 1: 154
    Sep 9:
    Sep 16:
    Sep 23:
    Sep 30:

Good Luck Everyone! Let’s do it!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Good morning everyone.

I wish we could edit posts so all of our weigh ins are listing in one place. Today's weight is 188.2 so I am back to where I was before we were under hurricane watch. I am happy that I resisted the temptation to stock up on junk food and decided to stock up on healthy alternatives. If it's not in the house one cannot eat it!

As I get re-started with my healthier life journey and getting back to my ideal weight I am remembering some pointers I followed in the past. One is to record everything. Those licks, sips, and tastes can add up to some real calories and should be recorded. Another one is to not eat all of your exercise calories every day, especially if the goal is to lose weight.

For those of you who can please consider making donations of your hurricane supplies to the folks in the Bahamas. There are many organizations in SoFlo gathering up the donations and getting supplies to the islands.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • cookiecat90
    cookiecat90 Posts: 16 Member
    Getting back on track.
    58 year old female :)
    5/9 90.6
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    @suzstaats - yeah message boards can be a little awkward. You can create a running record by either copying and pasting your last post into a new one, or grab your last post by tapping "quote" You can leave the quote coding, or delete it. Your new post will go on the last page. I post every couple of days, and just make a mental note what page it went on.
  • kbench5
    kbench5 Posts: 1 Member
    Looks like a goo way to stay motivated!

5th- 171.4
    9th-
    16th-
    23rd-
    30th-

Total Loss for September:
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    LisaW57 wrote: »
    @suzstaats - yeah message boards can be a little awkward. You can create a running record by either copying and pasting your last post into a new one, or grab your last post by tapping "quote" You can leave the quote coding, or delete it. Your new post will go on the last page. I post every couple of days, and just make a mental note what page it went on.

Thanks LisaW57. Have a great day.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    edited September 2019
    Female, 5'3", 58 years old for 15 more days.
    I will be weighing daily, it keeps me accountable and motivated and shows trends.
    Starting weight October 28.18 - 191
    August goal was 155 (Same as July goal) - lost 1.4 pounds for the month of August, lost 2.0 pounds in the month of July lost 0.7 pounds in the month of June. Slow going, but going. 4.1 pounds lost in 3 months, but 30 lost in 10 months so happy with that. It would be great to have lost 40 by October 28.19 - 2 months to lose 10 pounds, a girl can hope ; - )
    September goal 153
    Ultimate goal is 115

September 01 - 158.6
    September 02 - 160.2 - Holiday weekend festivities caught up with me a bit. Hopefully I can get rid of that in a few days. Gained 1.6 in 1 day, took me almost 2 months to lose that much. It comes back way faster than I can lose it.
    September 03 - 161.7 - ouch. I am sure that tomorrow will be better.
    September 04 - 159.6 - still up, but heading in the right direction
    September 05 - 159.3 - I will try to get in extra workouts today.

September Loss/Gain: Gain 0.7 lbs
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    Thankyou for taking over. After 3 years of my doing it lol

Good luck everyone, I hope you all reach your goal this month :)

I will not be participating in this challenge however as I still have mine to upkeep.

Good job last month everyone :)

Well, I hope that you at least check in on us from time to time Samantha. Thank you for starting this challenge!
    Yes, we hadn't heard from you much.
    What is your other thread link?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'll be over on @SamanthaLouiseMence's challenge. I will probably also update here, but it's essentially a duplicate. The other thread has the same name. If you would like a direct link to that challenge... Now you have it.
  • jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    I will be here again, but I think I am taking a diet break for the next couple of weeks. I didn't really get anywhere in August because to be honest I lost my motivation. I have been on this journey for over a year now and have lost just over 35 pounds, but I am tired. Last month was a really rough month with some family issues that needed to be taken care of and now my birthday is coming up in a couple of days. So I am eating at maintenance until the 15th and will get back to my losing routine and finally get rid of these last couple of pounds. My ultimate goal is 135-138. I have been hovering between 142-145 the last month, so I am super close, but exhausted at the same time.

Original starting weight - 178
    September starting weight - 8/30 weigh in 143.6
    September goal - 141
    Ultimate goal - 135-138

1st - 143.6 on 8/30 before I left for FIL funeral in Texas
    5th- 145.1 still working on restaurant and water weight from 4 days in Texas
    12th -
    19th -
    26th -
    30th -

Total loss for September -
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,638 Member
    Samantha was finally able to post the September lose 5lbs + in September 2019 challenge on another page. Just thought I would let all the followers know. Thanks to @rednote49 for starting this thread until the other returned.