• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    I'm single because of one word.....and I hate it! Cancer!! #fckcancer

So sorry Tom :(
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    tiarajj1 wrote: »

Ohhhh that one's dangerous...you know why?

Cuz...

Ate (8)
    9[/spoiler
    ]

:D
  • vic339
    vic339 Posts: 2 Member
    Personally, a strange combination of 5, 6 and 7!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I don't have the temperament for a (healthy) long term relationship. So.... I'm built to love 'em n' leave 'em 🤷🏻‍♂

Why do you think that is? Do you get bored easily?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Feel free to pick a # from the list below or add additional #'s. Funny stories are welcomed! 😆

iavv1qm1d6o3.jpg

1,2,4,8 ....but most of all 8 (I like not having to answer to anyone but myself.)
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    According to a guy yesterday it’s because I state that I have a favourite tree and love photography. Which made no sense at all.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    9. I'm too *kitten* awesome for anyone to handle.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2019
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Not a lot of men really interest me and tbh a lot are just trying to play around, not be for real.

I’m ready for someone amazing though.

I totally agree. I don't have time for games! That turns me off from even trying to date.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Not a lot of men really interest me and tbh a lot are just trying to play around, not be for real.

I’m ready for someone amazing though.

I totally agree. I don't have time for games! That turns me off from even trying to date.

Yes! It seems like that is the culture now. I don’t like it. First sign of dishonesty or story not adding up and I’m out.
  • Hmm I am not the socially acceptable black woman or feminine body and so I am not seen as a lady who is deserving of a quality man so I have just accepted that until either I lose all my excess weight I will stay single as I have standards and don’t enjoy embarrassing myself or wasting my life with undesirables.
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Must have been a dream...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm not, but everyone seems to think I am? Wasn't aware I gave off a "vibe".
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Hmm I am not the socially acceptable black woman or feminine body and so I am not seen as a lady who is deserving of a quality man so I have just accepted that until either I lose all my excess weight I will stay single as I have standards and don’t enjoy embarrassing myself or wasting my life with undesirables.

Are you referring to macro vs micro factors of being a socially accepted black woman in relation to "being single " outside your current physique parameters, or something else?
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Hmm I am not the socially acceptable black woman or feminine body and so I am not seen as a lady who is deserving of a quality man so I have just accepted that until either I lose all my excess weight I will stay single as I have standards and don’t enjoy embarrassing myself or wasting my life with undesirables.

Can I ask what "the socially acceptable black woman" is? I wasn't aware there was a standard

Are you referring to macro vs micro factors of being a socially accepted black woman in relation to "being single " outside your current physique parameters, or something else?

So the socially acceptable black woman is kinda like what is considered feminine of other races lighter skin, more hourglass figure, petite, soft etc. I am none of those things. I am dark, tend to build muscle vs being curvy and have been told I am scary because I won't accept just any old build a bear type of dude. In my experiences, in the past, I was never good enough to be seen out with but the oh let's hang back and do something isolated. As I have gotten older nearing 35 which for me is a big thing for a lot of reasons, I just find when I have attempted to date it's all about sex from non-black and then for black it's as though I need to audition or show my financial statements to verify my worth. I go out of my way to dress extremely feminine and try to keep my intellect and keep traits that are more masculine in check such as strength and ambition because those things have disqualified me with men. I have had a few when I told them I could bench press 150 and leg press 450 they became intimidated.

I know I'm pretty I oogle over my self often, I do things to try to make myself a better quality person but I also know the realities of this world. I have a preference but unfortunately, that doesn't like me. So until I get more weight off then I will remain single. It sucks when I want to share things but maybe next lifetime I will come in a different form and know what love is.

Im not sure where you are from, but where i grew up in NY your description of a socially acceptable black woman is not the case at all. It was actually more desirable for women of color, meaning black and Latina to be thicker. Sure there were all shapes and sizes, but it was often joked on in a racial way if a girl had that "skinny *kitten* white girl body." As i got older and wiser i learned all types can be beautiful. It took me years to even look at a less thick woman as attractive.