Non Scale Victories

Replies

• jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    @merph518 I was thinking about amusement parks too. I would love to go to Cedar Point again and be able to ride the rides. I wonder what size you need to be to fit into those seats? Maybe that is a new long term goal for next summer.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I believe I was at around 400 when I was borderline at Disney. I was able to fit uncomfortably in most things I tried to ride.

@jjlewey you could try Dollywood when you come through.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Disney last year (first time there) was part of the motivation that got me started losing weight. I was absolutely miserable there due to the heat and all the walking around, being right around my January start weight I'm sure.

I remember the Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs minecart ride being particularly painful when I was jammed in there.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I believe I was at around 400 when I was borderline at Disney. I was able to fit uncomfortably in most things I tried to ride.

@jjlewey you could try Dollywood when you come through.

Ya we wont be in Pigeon Forge area long enough for Dollywood. We will probably hit up downtown Gatlinburg and maybe the Island. I am thinking the skybridge looks fun.
    The last time I was at Cedar Point, circa Y2K, I was probably somewhere between 275 and 300 pounds and fit on everything fine. That is still a long way down the road.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I can't do theme parks, I'm a coward lol
    Restaurant booths I'm just about OK with now though.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    @hansep0012 That's awesome! Congrats!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @dhiammarath thank you!

NSVs really help me remember that being healthy has many components.

It was also interesting to me to summon up a conversation with my doctor about having the blood work done and explaining my data needs, lol. She grinned at me and said it was an excellent idea. And here I was dreading having to convince and plead to get it done.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    hansep0012 wrote: »
    @dhiammarath thank you!

NSVs really help me remember that being healthy has many components.

It was also interesting to me to summon up a conversation with my doctor about having the blood work done and explaining my data needs, lol. She grinned at me and said it was an excellent idea. And here I was dreading having to convince and plead to get it done.

lol. I might have to plead not be tested but never to be tested. If I were to see my doctor at a restaurant he would probably ask for a blood sample to test how my fish course impacted my omega-3 levels.
  • Jackie9003
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I feel like I have not had one in too long. I realize that is my fault for being perpetually distracted and less happy than normal and not looking for one like I should... wait...

I went to a ball game last week and I sat in the bleachers for 3 hours. I had one of those padded deals with the backing but the padding was only about 1/2 inch thick. I wasn't totally comfortable and at the end I was wondering if I would make it but I did. 2 years ago I would not have made it more than 15 minutes nor would I have even fit inside the portable stadium seat thing.

I also had to walk about half a mile to and from the field and climb the bleachers to get a seat all of which I did without feeling like it was any effort.

Not huge but a decent accomplishment for me and it is helping me achieve my long term goal of being a better uncle.

That's a great achievement, I love it when the realisation hits you that all the effort is worthwhile.
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    I’ve always been a bit paranoid that my calls are too big/disproportionate and that they wouldn’t get any smaller.... put my knee high boots on and they were far too big around the calf!! I’m finally starting to see abs register results on myself!
  • Jackie9003
    I’ve always been a bit paranoid that my calls are too big/disproportionate and that they wouldn’t get any smaller.... put my knee high boots on and they were far too big around the calf!! I’m finally starting to see abs register results on myself!

That's great, especially as winter is coming.
    I've never been able to fit into wellies for that reason, my standard is ankle boots and I've had problems with those and fat ankles!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    I’m excited for boot season too! My legs are the part I’ve always been self-conscious about. Last fall, I was able to wear my boots but they were super tight. This fall, they are are NOT and I’m so excited. I suspect that the last 15 will come mostly off my legs as it’s the first to gain and last to go. -.-

But there’s hope! I have hope! Especially since I bought a new pair of fall boots just this weekend. I’m ready!!