What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Spare ribs, mashed potatoes, green beans
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Is this a good spaghetti Napolitan recipe? If not, please send a recommendation.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/spaghetti-napolitan-japanese-ketchup-pasta-2031629

I have been loving an abomination of spaghetti aglio olio, vietnamese style.

https://kirbiecravings.com/vietnamese-garlic-butter-noodles/

https://www.thespruceeats.com/spaghetti-napolitan-japanese-ketchup-pasta-2031629

Hows that? Give it a try!
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Last night I baked fresh bratwurst in the oven while I fried up some potatoes lyonnaise and made homemade coleslaw (dressing mixed the night before).
  • Liftingat58
    Liftingat58 Posts: 508 Member
    Pork chops cooked last night and had for lunch today!
  • FreddiJacks
    FreddiJacks Posts: 3 Member
    Grilled marinated Tofu cutlet, basmati rice and lemon asparagus.
  • FreddiJacks
  • FreddiJacks
  • weatherking2019
    @mjbnj0001 those salad looks great!!

I didn't have lotta time last night. Dinner was Spinach salad with radish, cucumber, peppers with a Salmon pattie. Made a lemon vinaigrette for the dressing.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Starter of melon, feta and mint drizzled with pomegranate molasses. Main of buccatini with mushroom and spinach sauce and a meatball. Finally got through that batch of tough meatballs from the freezer that needed warming up in a sauce. The Tesco 20% minced steak is a cut we won't be buying again.
    d67wj7jo8es1.jpeg
    ljclnavp79r9.jpeg

• acpgee
    Doing a big cook tomorrow night for a dinner party at my place.

Starting with steamed globe artichokes and hollandaise.

Anti pasta of charcuterie and ryvita (one guest is coeliac). I made chicken liver pate and duck prosciutto in advance and I have some Spanish cured tuna (lomo de bonito) in the fridge. I pulled out a pack of lingonberry preserves from the freezer (supplied by family of a Swedish friend) which I will sweeten with mirin to have with the pate. Plan to buy some berries to nibble on with the duck prosciutto. Have toasted almonds for the cured tuna. The classic combination in Spain is thinly sliced cured tuna drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with toasted almonds.

Main is Italo-American penne alla vodka. The coeliac is bringing his favourite gluten free pasta.

Dessert is my own invention of pina colada sorbet. Have been practicing quenelles which look pretty awful up to now but maybe by tomorrow night I will manage to make something look half way decent. Made coconut macaroons (half sugar, half Splenda) to accompany the sorbet. Will garnish of slivered kaffir lime leaf and toasted shredded coconut.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    A veggie stirfry with broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, garlic, brown rice, olive oil, and soy sauce. Simple and DELISH!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Starter of melon, feta and mint drizzled with pomegranate molasses. Main of buccatini with mushroom and spinach sauce and a meatball. Finally got through that batch of tough meatballs from the freezer that needed warming up in a sauce. The Tesco 20% minced steak is a cut we won't be buying again.
    d67wj7jo8es1.jpeg
    ljclnavp79r9.jpeg

That green dish is stunning. Me want. 😍
  • weatherking2019
    mk76wvis2k9o.jpeg
    Dinner tonight: Udon with mini sausages and bok choy for kids!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I wouldn't call cookies a meal but...
    x8gm46mr91hc.jpg

Banana, coconut, chocolate chip cookies from a gluten free cookbook. A friend's wife (who has celiac) made them a few weeks ago and I asked for the recipe because they were really really good. They're also only 50 calories a cookie (the recipe makes 35 though so...).
  • acpgee
    Pan fried sole. Chips, asparagus and mushrooms cooked in the air fryer.
    v59snedwclvg.jpeg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Tacos - Trader Joe's carne asada (essentially marinated skirt steak - surprisingly good), corn from farmers market, cherry tomatoes, onions, and partially homemade tortillas. I was going to make the masa myself, but ended up getting locally made masa at the store.