Give me your high protein veggie meals!

So I'm struggling to hit my protein intake for the day (130g) I know being veggie makes it so much harder! I have a protein shake after my morning workout which helps but I really don't want to have another shake during the day - would rather stick to whole food.

Need some inspiration for some high protein meals that dont contain meat.

Thanks in advance!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

Replies

• Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2019
    Porridge Oats with Oat Bran. Made with light soya milk & water. Added strawberry and fresh blueberries. A teaspoon of vanilla protein powder and a dash of cinnamon makes the difference.
  • Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    If you don't have a soy allergy or lentil allergy that's a great way to get in your protein. Beans & lentils are loaded with protein. Just yesterday I had some chili that had 24 grams of protein in one serving I believe. Nuts are also a great way to get protein. You can make your own granola from them with some oats, nuts, maybe berries, or dark chocolate, & baking it with some maple syrup or honey. Chia seed pudding is another. You add coconut milk with some chia seeds & it'll turn into a gel like pudding which tastes really great. Edamame is great by itself or with a little salt, quinoa with a bit of roasted peppers & some tempeh, eggs are another source of protein, if you're vegan & just looking for veggie protein skip the eggs & honey. Pumpkin seeds by themselves or baked with a little bit of cinnamon & nutmeg are good. Black beans for burrito bowls are good. Avocados are great for it as well. You could do avocado toast if that's your thing, or guacamole & some baked chips, just an avocado by itself, an avocado hummus wrap which is just your choice of veggies, hummus, avocado, & wrapped in a tortilla. Chickpeas have good protein. Hummus & some veggies are always a go-to for me. With chickpeas you can also make vegan "tuna" sandwich or make a curry or something with it, spirulina water has good protein, but it's an algae so keep that in mind if you're sensitive to smells & tastes like that.

I recently bought some Larabars that are vegan & have less than 10 ingredients in most of them that I really love, but I wouldn't get your protein from just that alone. Tofu is another good source of protein. You can have it baked or in miso soup which is really great for the digestive system as it's got fermentation in it. Just about all nut butters have a good source of protein too I believe. Cashew butter & almond butter are a couple and are great with apples or in a sandwich. Multi seed bread is great too & it's loaded with lots of various seeds. Coconut is good especially fresh young coconut. Sweet potatoes are great and you can have them baked with a bit of salt or cinnamon if you want a more festive taste. Asparagus, artichokes, spinach, & broccoli are also good in protein and in iron, & you can do so much with those as well. I love artichoke dip & just eating a bowl of steamed broccoli. Hope all this helped!
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Yellow split pea & tomato soup. So nice!
  • Thank you all for the the idea/recipies!! They're all amazing and I will definitley try them all out ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Another way to add protein is to use tahini or miso or yoghurt in your dressings. Or add nuts and seeds to your salads. Depends how many calories you have to play around with.
  • I am addicted to chick peas. In and on everything. Chick pea curry is awesome. I also make marinated chick peas. Rinse a can of chick peas. Add one tbs olive oil, juice of one lime, half clove minced garlic. Salt and pepper. Eat by themselves or add to salad. We also use chick peas in place of hamburger in spaghetti or alfredo sauce. Chick peas and pasta with a bit it fresh basil and pine nuts amazing .
  • patwalsh1414
    patwalsh1414 Posts: 17 Member
    I daily eat lots of beans, lentils and also nuts for my protein.
    Yesterday I made a delicious beanpuree, that you can eat instead of potato puree.
    200 grams cooked white beans, 100 grams cooked celleryroot, generous amount of freshly grated nutmeg, salt, black pepper, good quality olive oil to drizzle.
    Blend everything except the olive oil in a high performance blender to make a soft puree, adding just enough water from the cooked root cellery to make a smooth puree.
    Drizzle with olive oil. This is one portion for me.
    You can also use butter beans, and you can omit the celleryroot. You can add dried ore fresh herbs.
    But 130 grams of protein daily seems a lot to me, I can imagine it's not easy.