Rear delt exorcises

Anyone have any suggestions for exorcises that target your rear delts other than bentover reverse flies?

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Bent over flys are great seated or standing. You can also to reverse cables as those work great too. If you have any other questions just ask, I'm here to help bud.

Aaron
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    From a bodybuilding.com article:

Multijoint Exercises

Most rowing movements
    Face pull (with rope)
    Single-Joint Exercises

Reverse Pec deck machine
    Rear delt machine
    Standing cable reverse fly
    One-arm bent-over cable lateral raise
    Bent-over dumbbell lateral raise
    Incline bench bent-over dumbbell lateral raise
    Head-supported bent-over dumbbell lateral raise
    Seated bent-over lateral raise
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    I think Face Pulls are usually considered the go-to for this.
    Almost any exercise that targets the rear delt as the primary muscle is going to be somewhat like a reverse fly.
  • pra3torian1226
    pra3torian1226 Posts: 2 Member
    I like the contraction I get w/ the face-pull exorcise, but I don't think I'm doing enough weight. I have difficulty keeping my balance b/c of a bad knee. There must be a way to do that exorcise from a seated position, maybe on the incline bench? I appreciate the help, guys!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    I like the contraction I get w/ the face-pull exorcise, but I don't think I'm doing enough weight. I have difficulty keeping my balance b/c of a bad knee. There must be a way to do that exorcise from a seated position, maybe on the incline bench? I appreciate the help, guys!

Face pulls are not supposed to be a heavy exercise. Do them slow and squeeeeeeeze...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Face pulls...it was the primary exercise my physio had me do to build my rear delts to help start pulling my shoulders back from a muscular imbalance.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member

I do them seated with about 50 lbs total on my pulley tower with the rope attachment.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I highly recommend the second video J72FIT posted. It goes through several variations, and if you have an issue with balance it even shows you how you can do it lying on the ground. And if you are doing the face pull properly you really don't need to be yanking a huge amount of weight.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Face pulls are great
    Single arm external rotation using cables is also great isolator for rear delts
  • Bgreen2019
    Bgreen2019 Posts: 6 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »

I like this variation! I’m a sucker for rear delt isolations..nice 🙏