Replies

• Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    I love Indian food & I'm not in my 30s and don't have relatives in India 😅
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »
    Wait... there are humans who don't like Au gratin potatoes? :o

..don't even get me started about the biscuits and gravy.

Raises hand.

I don't like most cheeses or really most dairy products in general.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Ohhhh... fair enough. Lucky you not liking cheeses. I could eat my whole days calories in cheese alone in like, half an hour. :D
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

Raises hand.

GET OUTTTTTTT. lol cheese is 90% of my diet.
  • pancakerunner
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Livhere wrote: »
    Yea I know quite a few people who don't like Au gratin potatoes. I have a box of it in my cabinets & I would really love to open it, but don't have enough calories left in the day for it.

All day yesterday I just wanted biscuits & gravy, but we don't have the stuff for it, so I couldn't have it. We should go grocery shopping sometime this week so I'll most likely get the stuff for it then 😅

If the only au gratin potatoes people have had are the ones that come in a box, I would better understand why some of them don't like au gratin potatoes. I'll admit I have a little food snobbery going here, but I also truly think it's objectively true that a potato that's been dehydrated and rehydrated is not as tasty or satisfying as freshly-cooked potatoes.

I actually love boxed au gratin potatoes and love when the cheese mix is extra soupy... and when the edges of the pan are crispy :D
  • Livhere
    A lot of people have different likes and dislikes. I see a lot of people on here like brussel sprouts & cabbage, but I actually have an allergy to them so I can't have them at all. It's not that I don't just like the taste, but I have a legit allergy that makes me sick from them & I get hives & get nauseous shortly after eating it. I would like to eat eggrolls or coleslaw ,but unfortunately cannot.

As for the box au gratin. I like them in box form & homemade. I'm not really all that picky. I at least will give stuff I try a second chance if I don't like it the first time. I've also met people who can't stand Kraft mac and prefer velvetta mac, but I don't really have a preference & will eat both. Point being, everyone has a different set of taste buds, but you shouldn't judge it. If you don't like it then you don't like it & don't have to eat it if you don't want to, but you shouldn't knock down other people's preference in taste.
  • pancakerunner
    Throwing it out there... but I think fig newtons are highly underrated
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I love Indian food & I'm not in my 30s and don't have relatives in India 😅

right...I was talking about the people I know and dine out with, not everyone in the world.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Throwing it out there... but I think fig newtons are highly underrated

So reminiscent of fig newtons!! Maybe you'd like them?
    2slpb0fbqlvx.png
  • Livhere
    Oh I really like those Dole pineapple & cream desserts. I can't remember the name. It's got pineapple chunks, pineapple gel, & then cream with a hint of coconut. Very delicious 🤤
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Vanilla soft serve
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

Raises hand.

GET OUTTTTTTT. lol cheese is 90% of my diet.

My dislike of cheese just means more cheese for you. I will, however, take all of the parmesan. The real stuff, not the kind in a can.
  • Livhere
    Looks delicious 😍 thanks for the recipe! I will definitely give this a try later this week! We have everything except for bananas
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Looks delicious 😍 thanks for the recipe! I will definitely give this a try later this week! We have everything except for bananas

Banana optional. We had an overripe one in the fruit bowl so I threw that in. Optional lime juice and zest. Because my pineapple was unsweetened I added a couple of tablespoons of sugar to taste.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    eggs, yogurt, blue cheese, almonds, guacamole, peaches, whipped cream, wheaties cereal, and salsa