30 day shred

Replies

• Chibilove
    Chibilove Posts: 28 Member
    Is shred on youtube? Or only dvd
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    I’ve got it on dvd, don’t know if you’ll find it on YouTube. It’s not a recent release so you can probably get it cheap. I bought mine from Aldi for £1.99!
  • It is sometimes on YouTube but then usually gets taken down quickly! So in the end I purchased it on Amazon for £4. You got a bargain there aprohdite16!
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    I just started Tuesday evening! so on day 3 and my body HURTS! I have done this DVD on and off for YEARS, lost 30 lbs in 3 rounds doing it in 2012 for my wedding. I am going to push through 2 rounds this time to lose some weight for an upcoming vacation in Nov. Love Jillian Michaels even if I do curse her out during the workouts. I call this and Ripped in 30 my "tried and true" because if I ever start to put weight on I know this will get me back on it.
  • Level 2, circuit 3 - OUCH! Those chair raises & double skipping. ‘Feel like you’re doing to DIE!’
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Level 2, circuit 3 - OUCH! Those chair raises & double skipping. ‘Feel like you’re doing to DIE!’

Haha, yes! The chair raises are tough! I’ve been on level 2 for a while and it still makes my shoulders ache.
  • chopsuey99
    chopsuey99 Posts: 20 Member
    Chibilove wrote: »
    Is shred on youtube? Or only dvd

I borrowed a copy from the library. I like it so well I'm going to buy it.
    Level 2, circuit 3 - OUCH! Those chair raises & double skipping. ‘Feel like you’re doing to DIE!’

Ouch indeed, I think I went too hard with the jumping yesterday. My left knee is all wobbly so it's a rest day.

Lost 1.8 pounds so far, and 2.5 inches in my waist. I'm halfway through the shred. Feeling pretty good despite the knee setback!
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Finally got round to trying level 3. It’s hard on the thighs! I kept up pretty well except on the jumping moves. Considering how much I run, my legs feel very weak when I try to jump!
  • I love that it’s over & done with pretty quickly despite the sweat!
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    I love that it’s over & done with pretty quickly despite the sweat!

Yes, I feel like it’s not too hard to fit it in, even if I have to do it with the kids running around my feet!
  • That’s the problem I have with running, I always need a babysitter! So only get to make it once or twice per week. Maybe I should get a treadmill, but I love being outdoors in the fresh air with my dog!
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    I also love running with my dog. He’s a border collie so he could run all day if I could manage it!

I have to arrange my running time well in advance and guard it carefully. My husband works full time and is also on call for his second job when he’s at home, so unless he books time off I can’t leave him with the kids. I usually manage twice a week but ideally I’d go 3 times.
  • I have a Border Collie too! He would run forever! How far do you run? I only really get a Sunday to go for a run. I can do about 3 miles now. So try to go on a Sunday. Then do the shred once or twice in the week. It’s hard being a Mum, trying to work out & eat well isn’t it!
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    It’s really hard with little kids. I also have a nine year old so I know it gets better. In a couple of years my 3 year olds will be able to manage a decent walk without begging to be carried, and they’ll understand that crawling between my feet while I’m doing a workout is a terrible idea (hopefully!)!

I’m currently able to run 5 miles on flat ground. I’ll be working on some hills later this week because there are very few flat routes around here. My target is Sheffield half marathon in March next year. I ran it last year and really enjoyed it, but then lost my motivation a bit and my fitness dropped.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    I was going to do the shred last night, but ate well over my calorie allowance so I wanted to burn more calories! I did an advanced Tae Bo dvd instead.
    I ran 5 miles this morning, though I had to walk a fair bit on the steepest hill.
  • chopsuey99
    chopsuey99 Posts: 20 Member
    Way to go! Tae Bo DVD? I've not heard Tae Bo mentioned in awhile, like Billy Banks (sp?)? And five mile run. Inspiring! Just saw 'Brittany Runs a Marathon' with a couple of mom friends last night, now I'm thinking I want to try to run a race. I've never done one before.

I went way over my daily calories yesterday when my friend came back from Japan with all the mochi and I did not make up for it at all. Ah well these days happen. First indulgence since starting the Shred.

Today I went hard on the XBox Just Dance game (it's my cardio fun routine with my 11 year old too, bonus!) and finished Level 2 of Shred, feeling pretty strong.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    It’s great when you feel strong at the end of a workout. Must be time for the next level!

I did 3 races last year, 2 half marathons and a 10k. My favourite was the huge half marathon with 5000 runners. The atmosphere was amazing and it was really well organised. That’s the one I’m doing again next year. I’d definitely recommend a big race for your first one, it’s so much fun!

Yes my DVDs are Billy Blanks Tae Bo, I bought them about 15 years ago. I’m a Ju-jitsu instructor so I like some kicks and punches with my aerobics 😁
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    I’ve finally lost some weight! Down 3lb to 156. 😊
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    Finally got back to the shred today, I haven’t done it for about a week (I’ve been running and lifting weights instead). I’m not feeling as out of breath while I’m doing it, but I still can’t keep up with all the jumping moves!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Hi ladies! I keep seeing this thread pop up on my feed. I was in a shred group a few years ago but I had to stop after a few weeks because I developed golfers elbow from the workouts. It lasted two years! After my elbow got better I did the video a couple times because I loved the workouts and I figured the workouts really couldn't have caused my elbow problems, but sure enough, I started to develop the same pain again, so I stopped. But I love everyone's enthusiasm in here! Now I'm tempted to try the workouts again. I was actually eyeballing my dvd this morning. Maybe third time is a charm? I'm in much better shape than I was the first two times around. I'll let you know if I try it. :)