300-400 calorie dinner for tonight?

petrinaradford
petrinaradford Posts: 77 Member
Any ideas on an easy recipe for dinner tonight. Cooking for two. 300-400 calories.

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Stir fry - I would do it with chicken thighs but that's me. Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into strips or bite sized pieces (this is easiest done with kitchen shears), vegetables of your choice cut in whatever way makes since for that vegetable (I would use broccoli, carrots, onions, mushrooms, and maybe cabbage), and a few tsps of oil. Add your sauce of choice and serve it with rice.

Here are some recipes from Serious Eats for ideas - https://www.seriouseats.com/roundups/stir-fry-recipes
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    dodea48 wrote: »
    watch out for sodium, too much is bad for health and makes you retain water -- soy sauce, Worcestershire ----The bad news is this: sauerkraut is so high in sodium that it should only be enjoyed in small amounts to avoid consuming an excessive amount of salt.

Do you have a specific medical condition which warrants you being conscious of sodium?

Does the OP?
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I would do tacos! Guerrero small corn tortillas are 110 calories for 3, then your filling can be pan-cooked chicken thighs (marinated in lime juice, olive oil, garlic, and spices like cumin, onion/garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper). I always add diced white onion and cilantro on top.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I would have a No Name petite steak and small baked potato.
  • So easy and husband liked it too:)
  • petrinaradford
    petrinaradford Posts: 77 Member
    Thanks everyone :)
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    I like to season chicken breast with cajun, smoked paprika, garlic powder and parsley and cook it on the bbq. I also make carrot and potato foil pouches with 0.5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and season with seasoning salt. It's pretty high in sodium but low calorie.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    I have a turkey breast in the crock pot and will have a broccoli cauliflower mix of veg with it:)
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    baked potato with toppings of your choice to match your cal intake !!
  • vivo1972
    vivo1972 Posts: 129 Member
    lz7y33t9io6n.png
    377 calories, beef in gravy, swede and carrot mash and a yogurt
  • anichkata1
    anichkata1 Posts: 4 Member
    Usually I have some grilled fish, or canned if I don't have time to cook, and a big tomato and cucumbers salad. Sometimes I add several olives. :)