What's on your dinner plate?

s1im62
s1im62 Posts: 28,965 Member
Show a picture of your loaded-up dinner plate, and tell us what's on it (not all pictures are worth a thousand, or even a dozen words).

If you want to, let us know why you chose the items, and give a calorie estimate and how that fits into your daily eating plan (or how it doesn't fit if you're eating off-plan).

If there's a recipe for something you're eating that you'd like to share, add it to your post (or a link to it if it's online).

Not wanting any judgments here, okay? Self-critique is acceptable, but if you feel the need to comment on someone else's plate, please try to be encouraging rather than critical.

Replies

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 28,965 Member
    mo3tyatyhb4v.jpg

Dinner today consists of steamed cauliflower with 1T ranch dressing, 8 oz steamed buttered Brussels sprouts, 2 cups squash casserole. Water to drink with it.

This amounts to just under 500 calories, and it fits in my 2000 calorie daily goal, and also allows enough to spare for some after-dinner snacking.

The squash casserole is a relatively new favorite of mine. Squash is quite filling with not a lot of calories. I found the recipe online a few weeks ago:
    https://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Vegetables/Golden-Squash-Casserole-7438

The change I make from the recipe I originally found is to add about 1/2 chopped medium onion. The onion adds a lot of flavor but only about 5 calories per serving.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    RachellaJ wrote: »
    I made Arancini (risotto balls) for the first time and they were amazing! They have mozzarella in the middle. Served with a spinach salad with tomatoes and cucumbers out of my garden, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

The whole plate looks delicious! Do you have a recipe for the Arancini? (Begging here... 😋😋😋)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    suzyjmcd2 wrote: »
    I LOVE this thread idea! Having been doing this for more than a year and a half, I'm always looking for new ideas!

This was a grain & veggie bowl that I made with a little leftover chicken (didn't have much left) thrown in. Zucchini, red grape tomatoes, yellow grape tomatoes, sautéed bok choy, sautéed eggplant, chicken and quinoa. Then put on a drizzle of Marie's Meyer Lemon and Basil dressing. A lot of food for just 173 calories.

qn75t6mnqvvf.jpeg

This so looks like something I would make!
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    This is what I made a couple of nights ago. Bell Pepper Chicken Burgers and Paleo Shrimp & Avocado Salad with a glass of Maple Crown.

fqa4bmhbnaz0.jpeg
  • poopsy2018
    poopsy2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Roast veg with light halloumi and red pepper and bean dip as dressing
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    suzyjmcd2 wrote: »
    I LOVE this thread idea! Having been doing this for more than a year and a half, I'm always looking for new ideas!

This was a grain & veggie bowl that I made with a little leftover chicken (didn't have much left) thrown in. Zucchini, red grape tomatoes, yellow grape tomatoes, sautéed bok choy, sautéed eggplant, chicken and quinoa. Then put on a drizzle of Marie's Meyer Lemon and Basil dressing. A lot of food for just 173 calories.

qn75t6mnqvvf.jpeg

This looks and sounds delicious!
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    edited September 2019
    Keep those pictures and descriptions coming..... I love to get new ideas!!!
  • StaciMarie2020
    StaciMarie2020 Posts: 68 Member
    These look really good. I don't typically take pictures of my food. But last night was chicken breast strips (173 grams for my portion) dipped in olive oil, then in a mixture of bread crumbs & grated parmesan cheese and baked. Served with baked cauliflower: broken into small bits, tossed in a zipper bag with some olive oil spray, garlic salt, pepper, paprika and parmesan cheese. And sliced tomatoes to add color variety.

Tonight I'm having baked spaghetta squash with turkey sausage crumbles and pasta sauce. And a dash of garlic salt.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    fgso7p9mq6rh.jpeg
    @s1im62
    Lunch plate... sooner or later I’ll get to dinner plate. 😇

I guess I have a Provençal motif going on.

Escargots de Borgogne Sauvages, champignon and Vin rouge de Provence.

(Wild snails from Burgandy, mushrooms and red wine from the south of France)

And my lavender in the background which i wish could last year round...sigh 🤓