Gaining weight without injesting anything?

Ok, so it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious about how it works. I can weigh in the morning then an hour later weigh again and have a higher number despite not eating or Drinking anything. Like I said, it's not anything I'm worried about as I trend down weekly, just thought it's weird how it happens like that every morning.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Are you wearing the same thing? Is the scale on a hard level surface? How much more are you weighing?
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Exact same clothes. Yes level hard surface. And about a 1-2 lbs usually.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Oh I know I'm not gaining. That's why it doesn't worry me. Just curious about how I works. Thanks everyone!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Is it a battery powered scale? If your scale is doing weird things, sometimes it means the batteries are dying.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Could be retraining a little water once you're up and moving around.

My weight fluctuates so much daily, I threw my scales out.

Sounds like you don't need to go to this extreme, because you seem to have a healthy mindset about it and not stressed over it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    It's possible that you're just experiencing a fluctuation due to any of the reasons mentioned above, or it could just be your body going through stages of digestion.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    If there is that large a fluctuation without ingesting anything (assuming you haven't moved the scale), it could a sign that the batteries are dying and need to be changed.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I have this happen all the time. I don’t worry about it since I know fluctuations are normal.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member

Sounds like you don't need to go to this extreme, because you seem to have a healthy mindset about it and not stressed over it.

You can't gain weight from time A to time B through retaining water if you haven't ingested any water in the meantime. You can't be retaining more water at a later time if you haven't given your body some more water to retain.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    The scale isn't working properly.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member

You can't gain weight from time A to time B through retaining water if you haven't ingested any water in the meantime. You can't be retaining more water at a later time if you haven't given your body some more water to retain.

Whoever disagreed with this, can you help us understand why? Where do the 2 extra pounds of water come from without drinking any water?