How often do you weigh in?

13»

Replies

• kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    I have done a daily weigh-in, but found that it was affecting me negatively. If my weight was higher than yesterday, I would practically starve myself to get back down. If my weight was lower than yesterday (which it usually was due to the starvation!) I would use it as an excuse for a free-for-all! So my weight was fluctuating 1-2lbs every day and I couldn't understand why!! LOL
    Now I weigh myself on Tuesdays (officially) and Fridays (To gauge any damage done over the weekend.) I would like to get to a point where I weigh in monthly or never, but I don't think that will happen for a very long time!
  • kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    I weighed myself for the first time in two weeks today. I’m up three kg. I’m just done. I can’t win. Deleting mfp after posting this. Best of luck all x

I hope you don't quit! You are worth the effort - feel free to request me as a friend and encourager - I am sure others will help as well!
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Only when I'm "sure" I will see a loss. So far every 2 weeks.
  • xcazax
    xcazax Posts: 43 Member
    I go to the scales at the chemist once a week and sometimes hop on my ones at home out of curiosity.
  • bschneider96
    bschneider96 Posts: 14 Member
    I weigh myself every morning
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    I weigh myself every morning but only record it on Monday mornings.
    My weight doesn’t fluctuate much during the week but does over weekend into Monday because I sometimes work out 3-4 hours on Saturday and Sunday.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    I weigh every morning. My scale syncs my info to my Fit Bit which in turns syncs it over to MFP. Weighing daily keeps me in check and lets me see my trends. :)
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Every day. I frustratingly don't seem to be losing any weight, so I'm hoping a daily weigh in will help me see if there are any trends.

I have an appointment with my dietician next week and it will be interesting to see if my BF and muscle has changed, even if the scale hasn't much. It should definitely show me as being more hydrated, which is a positive.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    I’m currently weighing in daily. Right now the scale is generally moving quite well as I have a lot of weight to lose. I think I’d like to keep weighing daily just for accountability unless seeing the scale as I’m further along when it slows down becomes disheartening. But I also take pictures and I haven’t yet but I plan especially as I get closer to start taking measurements as the scale obviously doesn’t tell the whole story.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    I weighed monthly then started weighing weekly. I didn't cope well with the fluctuations so I've decided to go back to monthly. I need to see the scale go down as motivation, as well as decrease my calories as the kilos come off. But monthly suits me best.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    I only allow myself to weigh once a week or things go south fast. I start stressing about why the scale didn't move fast enough and I end up self-soothing with Blue Bell 😒

Same here so I fixed that by not weighing. Once I feel like I'm in a good place I may start.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Only when I go to the doctor's and I tell them not to tell me what the scale says :) I request they only talk to be about it if it's a problem
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    I started out 2 times a week, Monday and Friday. Monday I called "the real weigh in" and Monday was to monitor how I did through the weekend. I know, a bit kooky. Then I when I was down 60 pounds I switched to every day. I bought in to the "the more data the better" argument and I have to agree now. I LOVE weighing in every day. It can be tough at times but I think I'm better off.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited September 2019
    Daily. I made it to the other side of the valley, through the storm of it causing compulsion/disorder/dysfunction/etc, and now it's just data for my completely-useless-if-there-is-a-weight-gain-for-more-than-one-or-two-days-in-a-row weight trend app (aka, Libra). I suppose I could mess with the settings and fix that but, meh, not that big of a deal and the wildly swinging deviation to suddenly it will take me thousands of days to lose the next 40 lbs. is highly amusing to me at the moment.

My interest has settled pretty much solely on the trend from one Wednesday weight record to the next one. As long as there's a downward trend over the course of four Wednesday's, I'm good.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Weekly
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    I weigh most every morning but I only log Monday's weight.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Daily. I made it to the other side of the valley, through the storm of it causing compulsion/disorder/dysfunction/etc, and now it's just data for my completely-useless-if-there-is-a-weight-gain-for-more-than-one-or-two-days-in-a-row weight trend app (aka, Libra). I suppose I could mess with the settings and fix that but, meh, not that big of a deal and the wildly swinging deviation to suddenly it will take me thousands of days to lose the next 40 lbs. is highly amusing to me at the moment.

My interest has settled pretty much solely on the trend from one Wednesday weight record to the next one. As long as there's a downward trend over the course of four Wednesday's, I'm good.

I have only been tracking for a couple weeks and my period started earlier this week and so I'm dealing with some of those related weight fluctuations. Based on that, I'm going to lose the 40 lbs I want to by the year 2049.