Strawberries and Blueberries
Orange and Basil
Watermelon and Mint
Apple and Cinnamon Sticks
Cucumber and Lime

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Why? What are the benefits supposed to be?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Seems like a bit of a waste of good fruit, vegetables and herbs to me! It would do you far more good to use those ingredients in your meals than infuse water with them.

By the way, Cider Vinegar is not going to help with anything regarding health or weight loss or ‘detoxing’, ‘cleansing’ or any such thing that you’ve read on the internet. It is great as part of a salad dressing or marinade though!

For what purpose are you doing this?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2019
    There’s no reason for water fasts other than for medical tests or religious purposes.

Infused water is great if you are having trouble drinking plain water. Except vinegar. That has no benefit and tastes awful, except on a salad.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    the last water fast I did was for a colonoscopy procedure. and that is the only time I would do it again!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    In addition to what's already be said, I can't imagine you'll get any flavor out of whole, non mashed or macerated, blueberries in water. Also what's the point in the watermelon in water. Just eat watermelon - sure it defeats the "purpose" of a water fast (whatever that purpose is), but this is watermelon we're talking about. It's like a vehicle for water.
  • tmrussell1215
    tmrussell1215 Posts: 4 Member
    Enjoy! Sometimes I throw some strawberries and lemons in my water to switch it up or a little Apple cider vinegar with lemon. It does help when your getting bored.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    A water fast would tank my energy levels, not allow me to work out and make me cranky! No thanks.

But your bottles of water and fruit and very pretty.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,701 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.