First stone lost!

LeiLaura
LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
Just diving into my favourite forum to celebrate my first major success - I've lost my first stone! I started on 1st August, so it's been about 5 weeks. I'm starting to believe I can really do this :)

Replies

• missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Awesome job and congratulations. Its an amazing feeling and yes you can do it!
  • LeiLaura
    missjck2 wrote: »
    Awesome job and congratulations. Its an amazing feeling and yes you can do it!

Thank you so much!
  • LeiLaura
    good job. 1stone = 14lbs. awesome.

Thank you very much!
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    Congratulations!!!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Meaning you begin to review the wardrobe, right? :flowerforyou: And that people begin to give you long looks and some say something, so are just too shy to let you know they noticed the change, right? :wink:

Keep it up, you are doing great! Try developing habits that you can turn into your new lifestyle, to make this last.

In short, :flowerforyou:, awesome loss!
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Great job! I'm an American but I like to break the weight up into stones. I've lost a little over 1 and half stone since April. I hope to get to 2 stone soon.
  • LeiLaura
    Thanks, guys! Yep, the old wardrobe is already being packed away, though I can't afford a new one yet so I'm down to only two or three outfits that fit just now! I guess it's a good problem to have :)
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    That's awesome, congratulations! :)
  • hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    LeiLaura wrote: »
    Thanks, guys! Yep, the old wardrobe is already being packed away, though I can't afford a new one yet so I'm down to only two or three outfits that fit just now! I guess it's a good problem to have :)
    Congratulations 🥰
    Plz share some pointers. What you’ve been doing too get very first pound to lose.

• LeiLaura
    Congratulations 🥰
    Plz share some pointers. What you’ve been doing too get very first pound to lose.

Eating less and moving more :)
    In 5'7 so MFP put me at 1340 cals for a 1.5lb/wk weight loss. I've been keeping to that on average over the week, only eating foods I actually like within that, finding sneaky ways to cut calories, and including low-cal (and sometimes high protein) snacks /treats to keep me going. My faves are mini light Babybels and Mini Milk ice lollies. And drinking lots of tea :) Other than that, I'm swimming a few times a week and doing a wee bit of pilates at home with a video. Just started at the gym the other day to try to build muscle, and my weight loss pace will have to slow down now to preserve that. Good luck!
  • LexieL39
    LexieL39 Posts: 21 Member
    Nice work x
  • LeiLaura
    LexieL39 wrote: »
    Nice work x

Thank you! x
  • Congrats!
  • LeiLaura
    Congrats!

Thanks!
  • evansjoe
    evansjoe Posts: 4 Member
    Well done, what an achievement it always puts me on 1200 calories no matter what I weigh are you on premium
  • LeiLaura
    evansjoe wrote: »
    Well done, what an achievement it always puts me on 1200 calories no matter what I weigh are you on premium

Thank you. No, I don't pay anything. What height are you? Maybe you have your rate of weight loss set too fast?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!