Low carb accountability partner

Looking for one or two partners for accountability in low carb eating plan. Not trying to lose weight, but to make gains in definition, muscle, & ability. Hoping for regular contact. I do IF daily (16/8 plan), but have trouble with mindless eating in evenings & sometimes eat a meal even if not hungry just because it's meal time.

Replies

• IntergalatixW
    IntergalatixW Posts: 14 Member
    I would love an accountability partner too. I’m doing low carb ( not keto) . My biggest issue is snacking in the evenings or at work when I am under stress. I am looking to lose 15 lbs. I plan to do yoga every weekday morning, followed by a cold shower...yes ...really!! 😳😂😅.

I go to the gym 3 x a week and at least one long walk every week. Otherwise I am a bonafide couch potato.

I am successful when I pre plan and record my meals.

I can’t do IF , I just get light headed and find it hard to concentrate. I wish I could.
  • mmwilli4
    mmwilli4 Posts: 11 Member
    You would be a perfect partner! I don't care if you do IF, nor if your activity level is the same as mine - I just want someone who is doing a similar eating style. I'm also not doing keto, only low carb. We can work together!
  • IntergalatixW
    Sounds like a plan 😀
  • Lileann
    Lileann Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to be a part of this as well. I had done a low carb/lazy keto before, and felt really good. I’ve restarted this month, and I also have trouble in the evenings with maintaining the good work I put in during the day. I want to cut out all sugar and refined grains, and put in 2-3 30 minute workouts per week.
  • mjheva
    mjheva Posts: 2 Member
    I would also like to be in this group, low carb, not Keto, I am pre-diabetic. I also struggle in the evenings, my sweet tooth awakens and becomes a monster in my head.
  • mmwilli4
    Ok all, friend requests being sent!
  • IntergalatixW
    Welcome lileann and mjheva.

I have a sweet tooth too.

I am trying out monkfruit as a sugar substitute in my after dinner sweet bite. ( like a homemade almond butter cookie) . I find that little taste of something sweet helps me to not feel too deprived till I can cut it off completely.

monk-fruit does not have any effect on blood sugar nor does it have an after taste.
  • mmwilli4
    Great idea! I like to make a chocolate cream cheese cake filling made with stevia. When I'm not too lazy to make it, it works great! Just like your monk fruit almond butter cookies.
  • IntergalatixW
    Hi guys! How was your day? I stuck to my plan. Greek yogurt with berries and almond butter for breakfast and a spinach and feta quiche from Diet Doctor for linner and 90 minutes of yoga today. Someone left a box of donuts in the kitchen at work. Gotta admit I peaked inside but closed the lid right back again. 😂😂.
  • mmwilli4
    Great job Intergalatix! I too did well - only "extra" thing I grabbed was some cheese! Yes! Now eating some mini peppers after dinner instead of crap!
  • mmwilli4
    Stayed within my carb and calorie goals today! 😀
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    I'm low carb to keep my blood sugar under control :)
  • IntergalatixW
    Welcome everyone!

Glad to hear you’re all on track.

I had a good day. I guess this accountability thing must be working. I went for a spin class during my lunch hour and ate cauliflower rice and vegetable curry for lunch. I never liked cauliflower rice earlier but Costco has a pretty good frozen brand that can almost pass for the real thing. Well at any rate close enough that it’s not disgusting.
  • mmwilli4
    Nice! I had carrot and cauliflower rice mixed with hempseeds! I also did well again! I know that each evening I'm going to check in with you guys & I will if there's an issue too.
  • mmwilli4
    I can't believe it - 54g carb yesterday & 64g today. Both days at calorie & sodium goals too! Thanks for the help!
  • mmwilli4
    What's up group? How has everyone done today?
  • IntergalatixW
    Well done Mmwilli.

Good to see you are keeping to the straight and narrow. 😃

I stuck to plan today. I was really busy this morning so only got to eat around lunch time. An inadvertent fast. I did have a couple of mini figs today, but they are delicious and nutritious so no regrets even though possibly a little on the carby side. This is why I can’t do keto, I need to have some real fruits other than berries once in a while.
  • mmwilli4
    Agreed Intergalatix. I like to be able to have a piece of chocolate or a taco shell once in a while!

I do love those days where you're so busy you don't even have time to think about food though, like your day today.
  • mmwilli4
    How did your day go?
  • S_Hinzman
    S_Hinzman Posts: 48 Member
    Hi! I'd love to have an accountability partner too! I was trying to attempt keto and I just can't do it right now. But low carb seems like a better option. I'd love to lose about 30 lbs but would be happy with just 10 for starters. :)