Funny story on why I started to lose weight

OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
This is gonna be a bit long, sorry.
At my job we have CDL licenses but we are exempt from having to need a medical card. Anyway my employer was going to start sending us anyway to get a medical card because of miscommunication. Its a long dumb story.
Anyway I thought I'll find a push over doc that will just stamp a card and I'll be on my way. I find this place that looks shady and just issues a medical card for 80 bucks. I make the appointment for the morning of my son's birthday. That comes into play later. I walk into this office figuring the doc would do a few BS tests and give me my card. Um nope, not even close. He did the whole deal exact the way its supposed to be.
First thing was weigh me. Weighed me with my clothes on, no shoes and he says 276.8, take off 4 for the clothes you weight 272. Here is how people in denial think, I was like nah he is wrong, clothes gotta be 10 pounds. Like 6 pounds means anything when you were as fat as I was.
Did the tests and he wouldn't issue me a card because of my BMI. I was over the threshold and would have to go for a sleep study. Panic and quite frankly depression started to set it.
I was really, really down on myself for letting myself get this bad, this heavy and I was disgusted. I was really depressed, I hid it at my son's 5th birthday party later that day but I was depressed inside and disgusted.
The next day, Sunday July 8th 2018 without a real plan I started my diet. I said that is it I am losing weight, and next summer as in this summer right now I'm gonna go in the pool with my son and not be embarrassed. Over the first few weeks I lost weight using MFP, developing a plan as I went. I developed that plan and at my sons birthday party this year I was down 70 pounds and went in the pool with my son. I am down 71 now and the goal is 82.
So that is my story, sorry it was so long!

By the way the doc was right, I was 272.6 :D

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    (Happy dance) hurray! Congratulations on your success!
  • OAS5
    (Happy dance) hurray! Congratulations on your success!

Thank you very much. Appreciate that.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Thank you for posting this, Cavallaro65! Reading this just motivates me and I am sure others. I often think of "Rosie the Riveter": We Can Do It!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Awesome work!!
  • dloewen17
    dloewen17 Posts: 52 Member
    Sweet story! I love it! Very inspirational and a great story. You’ll absolutely get to your 82! Rooting for ya!!
  • OAS5
    dloewen17 wrote: »
    Sweet story! I love it! Very inspirational and a great story. You’ll absolutely get to your 82! Rooting for ya!!

Thank you very much, appreciate that.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    What an amazing story, bravo. I, Too, think of this as a life change, not a diet. Diets are temporary. Feeling great and eating well should be permanent.
  • OAS5
    adotbaby wrote: »
    What an amazing story, bravo. I, Too, think of this as a life change, not a diet. Diets are temporary. Feeling great and eating well should be permanent.

Thank you and I could not agree more.
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Great job! You right... my husband has a CDL license and since 2016 he started gain weight specially in his stomach, now he realized that’s enough
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!