Dieting help

Hey guys! I’m about to start dieting and exercising. I wanna build muscle but I also wanna lose some belly fat I have. I’m confused where I don’t know if I should be dieting to lose weight for my belly or I can just eat to build muscle and as I exercise the belly fat would go away. Any help would be great!

Replies

• tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    jdog022 wrote: »
    Small calorie deficit and sufficient protein. As a newb you can easily gain muscle and lose fat.

Belly fat will likely be the last to go so be patient. Most importanly be on a proper program for your goals, access to weights and training level.

Said it all ^^^

An untrained body with a some "Extra Something" should be able to burn fat and build muscle at the same time provided your program supports hypertrophy.

Keyword here is Patience.
    There's no way for you to burn in one specific area, so in order to reduce problem points, you are going to have to get leaner altogether.
    Having said that, developing the support muscles in the area that you feel the trouble will give you the appearance of it being leaner.

Example... I have storage in the love handles... I hate those things. Today, I am at 16%BF and working to lower down to the single digits.
    I have been working hard to develop the obliques, the hip flexors and all of the supporting muscles and I can see a V-Shaped bulge taking form and the fat stored on the sides don't bother me as much.

Hope this helps.