NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    edited September 2019
    @trooworld sorry you're feeling down, that sucks. Maybe you can just focus on an hour at a time. A stationary bike is a great idea, and maybe better for your feet too. I like sitcoms, I just like something light where nothing bad happens. It's a good balance to the news lol.

@theslightedgeforever congrats on finishing the 100 days! I remember when you were just starting. And yep a loss is a loss. For me- I know the issue with being over calories is two things- drinking, and ovulation/pms. Day to day I don't really have a problem, but then those two areas I end up over my calories allotment. So the last couple months I have made some small changes that has let me decrease month to month. So I'm still focussing on that. My goal is to drink slightly less- typically I have been averaging 5 drinks a week, so I want to drop it to no more than 4. Ovulation/PMS- it's not junk food necessarily but I have days where my appetite is insane. I could eat all day and still be hungry and it's actually painful. I think of it like- oh the furnace is going today, needs fuel lol. So managing that is fine if I have no extras during the week, bc any extra would put me over the top. So those are my two goals right now:

- no more than 4 drinks a week
    - no extras (sweets, eating out) for two weeks out of the month

I already blew it this week though.

@joannadavison hope you heal better! Police cadets sounds fun, I don't think we have that here.

Well have hopefully sorted out trainer schedule. I went yesterday, and am supposed to go tomorrow. Today I have a checkup appointment/physical at the doctor. I'm not looking forward to it. I pretty much haaaate it.

On the positive side- it is a very nice sunny day here, the fall is beautiful. And it's almost Friday.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    edited September 2019
    @trooworld a stationary bike is a wonderful idea. My friend and I were talking today about her fitbit and it didn't register her "steps" while she was on the bike at the gym. The new ones are supposed to do that. So we're looking into that. I told her to manually add the time. If I'm moving, I want my fitbit showing it. lol That should help your foot too. I hate when depression comes to visit. I have that sometimes. I just pull inward and don't want to talk to anyone. Usually you can see me either binge watching TV or reading. Nothing gets done in the house. I end up sounding like Eeyore on Winne the Pooh.

@its_cleo It sounds like you have analyzed and are working your plan. One of 100 day lessons was instead of saying I blew it, ask yourself what can I learn from this? So what did you learn? Was it the drinks or the sweets? What factors put you in the situation to go over? I read romance novels for the same reason you like sitcoms. I need something light. lol I didn't start having PMS til about 5 years ago. Then it became apparent when a week before I would eat ALOT of popcorn, crackers, or chocolate. I'm hoping this new plan I'm doing well help that. I haven't tried it yet because no period since July. I realize it's perimenopause but for one moment just now I had this horrible thought of pregnancy. lol I thought weird things happen to me, what if this is one of those weird things. Perish the thought. My kids would laugh so hard at me. Always talking about wanting some grandchildren, they would say there you go...…

Today was a green day and I stayed OP through that. I love my green days. French toast for breakfast. A couple more weeks of this and I'm going to analyze my spreadsheet to see which weeks produce the most weight loss. I would imagine it's the ones with 4 red days. But we'll see.

I visited a friend in the hospital today. It hit home of why I should be making good choices everyday. That could be me one day.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @its_cleo Yes, to get through my workday, that's a good idea to focus on one hour at a time. Thanks for your support! I'm feeling a little better each day. Yes to the stationary bike being better for my feet (the podiatrist said for exercise, I can either swim or bike). re: sitcoms exactly! :) We are watching old episodes of Arrested Development right now. It's such a great show. I hope your appointment goes well. re: the fall...do the leaves change color? That is what I miss about living in CA, the leaves don't change color. :(

@theslightedgeforever I think my Fitbit Versa has a setting for stationary biking, I'm not sure, I'll have to look into it. I hope so!!! I want my Fitbit showing my movement, too! That's how I am, too, with depression. I don't mind talking online so much, but I withdraw from my friends and coworkers and hide out. The other day at work, I really didn't want to talk to anyone, so I hid in the archive lol. It was cold, but I was alone. But then, I feel alone, too. I guess when I get depressed, the only person I want to be around is my husband. You are doing great on your program. It will be interesting to see your results.

Hi gals. I woke up to ants in the kitchen. :( I hate that. I hate ants. I spent 20 minutes cleaning that mess up. Grrrr. I hope they go away soon. I hope this isn't a peek into how my day is going to go.

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning ladies! <3 I read all your post but don't have time to respond to each of you. Our closing went great yesterday and this morning our cars are all loaded up so we can leave in a few minutes and make a couple of trips with our breakables and other needed items before the heat of the day sets in. Our new fridge comes later today as well as pest control. We have ants all outside the house and I hate them too!! :# I had my steak, sweet potato, and beer dinner last night and yup the weight is up. Soooo lots of water and some fasting to get myself back in check. You all have a great day!! :)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Good day all. Had a huge change of plans today. Had my yogurt packed for lunch going into Preeceville to work today. My poor Willy is sick so I was going to drop him off the vet there. Went in and no vet today. So no work now and off to Yorkton to see the vet there. Dropped him off and they are going to see him when they can. So now I am sitting in Canadian Tire for 3 hours getting new tires and a wheel alignment done. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. So day is totally upside down. Upside is I have my lunch packed. And a good book on my phone. Lol. Hoping tonight to get in a Fitbod weight workout. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Evening. So thankful it's Friday. For a short week "back to work/school" it's been a long one. Almost got admin done- so many little jobs at start of term that I feel like I'm just paper shuffling. Not doing any school work over weekend. My thighs are still burning from an hour PT on Wed - leg focus as I strained wrist falling whilst putting up display at work- nothing serious just a pain (literally & metaphorically) and a bruises including large one on side of bum!🤣🤣
    So tired & hungry waiting for eldest tonight I scoffed a paiau chocolate in coffee shop- believe it or not it was about the lowest WW point item!
  • its_cleo
    @theslightedgeforever lol about perimenopause/pregnancy. Yep that would be some mixup! I agree that trying to learn from things is the best approach to errors. I just realized I've been evaluating long term progress wrong...need to relook at my spreadsheet and see what makes sense. Enjoy the green day! I absolutely have Eeyore days. \

@trooworld I really liked AD, except the last season, s. 4. It was terrible. --- At work when I was struggling I also used to write a little bit to myself. Like what was I feeling, and then writing down that it would be ok, I just had to get through x.

@TeresaW1020 that sounds like a great dinner. I am absolutely a red meat girl. Sometimes I joke I am like a vampire, I crave it. I never met a steak or a burger I didn't like.

@renaegry I hope Willy is ok.

well I had my checkup yesterday and it went really well. I was really nervous bc I've had bad experiences with nurses before where they just make me feel bad. I had a nurse quit once halfway through bc I was too nervous or something. I can't help it, it's bc I was hurt so much growing up I just tend to freeze if people start poking at me. Anyway the nurse yesterday was great. My blood pressure is the low end of normal, so almost too low I guess? Not sure what to do about it. They are not worried about it or anything yet.

I went for a run today and it was a slog, I'm still struggling to get back to where I was about a month ago, but there's been some progress so that is good. I see trainer today, upper body today.

No drinks tonight as I'm seeing friends Sunday at a brewery.

Calories- best not talk about it lol.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Quick check in. Still no exercise today I basically did nothing all day. I did follow my yellow food plan and stayed within boundaries. Had to talk myself out of a second cookie but I did it.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Good luck with the move!!! :D Congrats!

@renaegry I'm so sorry to hear that little Willy is sick. I hope he's okay today. A good book is always a good distraction. ((( HUGS )))

@joannadavison Sorry you are experiencing pain. Are you a teacher? I know, this week felt like a long week! Glad it's over.

@its_cleo I don't think we got to season 4, so hopefully, we will like it better than you did lol. That's a great idea to write to yourself, I can do that too. Thanks! Congrats on the good checkup!

@theslightedgeforever Why aren't you exercising? Great job talking yourself out of the 2nd cookie! :)

Hello, gals. I'm going grocery shopping in a bit and then acupuncture. Later, I have dinner with some coworkers, it's our annual birthday dinner since our birthdays are kind of close together (mine is later this month). I am looking forward to dinner, but not looking forward to parking in downtown San Diego on a Saturday night. :( This week went really well. I got into a little bit of ice cream, but other than that, everything was good.

EMPOWERED.
  • JoDavo66
    Crazy day. Eldest had a lot of problems with mean girls & nasty boys yesterday at a club. She's decided to leave & focus on other stuff- really proud of her as she felt awful this morning but went on a cadet course which she's loved- I am.shattered running her around & taking our church youth group to a district event.
    Left WW today- going to put the money into PT.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all. Here I am mia again!! MFP usually tells me when there are new messages on the topics I have starred. But on this one, there were none, so I thought everyone must be busy & not corresponding. After about 3 days I thought this can't be right & logged in and there were all these posts that I missed! So annoying! Anyone else have that problem?

@renaegry , the kitten is so cute! I like kittens but they grow into cats, which I am not so crazy about. (sorry!) guess I am just a "dog person", lol. I have about the same goal weight in mind, it's been so near yet so far for too long! I just need to buckle down & do it!

@gemwolf110 , the firepit looks neat! I would like to have one, but they are actually outlawed in our town. 3 or 4 of our neighbors must not know that tho, lol.

@cbabie , congrats on 12# loss! That is huge! Glad wrist healing OK.

@TeresaW1020 , yeah on the house! Now you have the "fun" of moving..I really don't like that. But so exciting!
    My dd bought the house they were looking at & took possession yesterday. Still haven't sold the "old" one yet, tho, hopefully soon. They keep having showings, not sure why it isn't selling. (well, a few things I would "stage" differently but I guess when they get their stuff out, the agent is going to get it staged, so hope that will help) We got to see the new one today & I can see why they did not want to lose out on it. It is not quite as new as the "old" one (that sounds funny :) ), but very nice & seems so much bigger.

@trooworld , you asked about our pumpkins, no, they are not super big. I think it has been kinda dry there, so that affects how they grow. When they talk about the huge ones they have at the State Fair (1000#!), I think they say they need a gallon of water a day! Oh well, ours are just for decoration & hopefully jack-o-lanterns for the gkids & neighbor kids. Good luck with the exercise bike, should be good exercise! My sister doesn't even eat avocados that much, she really means no oils, lol.

@theslightedgeforever , great job in Aug! I have read things about the Beck Solution, and think it sounds very interesting. I'm sure all the processing & artificial things in food have contributed to weight gain & health decline in the "modern" world. I had to laugh at your granny taking a cart to the grocery store. My Mom had one also, so when she would have me go get groceries, she always wanted me to take hers. Just what a preteen (or teen) wants to be seen with! Somehow I managed to get it all home without the cart!

I'll try to keep up more!

My plan for Sept.
    Walk 10,000 steps/day (altho not doing good the last few days!)
    Stay within calorie limits for 1/2# weekly loss.
    Drink 64 oz water/day.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    @its_cleo Willy should be okay. Has a viral infection and is on antibiotics. A bit better today then yesterday. Glad your appointment went well. Great job on getting out for a run. Any run is good. Be proud that you got out there. Hope you have a good time tomorrow.

@trooworld Thanks. Hopefully he perks up within the next few days. Has a viral infection and is on antibiotics.

Had a long few days. Stuck in Yorkton all day yesterday with getting tires on the truck and at the vet then left the house this morning by 7:15 and was home at 5:30. Son had a junior football jamboree. This playing both junior and senior football is tiring in this mama. lol. Daughter starts competitive gymnastics tomorrow 12-4. Plan on going for a run during practice then curling up with my book. Did a Fitbod workout this evening. Triceps going to be very sore tomorrow.

Hope everyone has been having a good weekend. I’m off to have a Michelob and watch an episode of “You”.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I'm on exercise restriction for 10 days due to excision of skin lesions. I get my sutures out tomorrow and I'll do some strolling around the block for the next 5 days. He said no official exercise for 10 days.

@joannadavison sounds like you had a very trying day. Did you make good food choices?

@retiredandlovingit I'm neither a dog nor cat person and there are currently 4 cats taking up space in my yard. They think I'm like Cruella de Vil. They see me coming and scatter. I must give off that scary vibe to them. Works for me. I had a cat for 14 years and loved that cat and then it died. I'm tired of these kitties destroying things in my yard. Really, they've outlawed the firepit where you live. I wouldn't have walked around with that cart back then either. Your September plan looks good.

@renaegry poor Willy. It makes me think of Free Willy. lol Hope he gets better soon. I remember those days when the kids were in sports and I was in the car most of the time running them around. That's when I gained alot of my weight as too busy to cook proper things. Dh was coaching and we had three in three leagues at one time. Throw in Scouts and a good time had by all. Except for the very tired parents.

Hello to the rest of you. Food was OP today. I'm going to have a very social week this next week. I keep adding things to my schedule and I'm going to have to work very hard to stay in boundaries. I'm just going to take it day by day.
  • trooworld
    @joannadavison Oh that's terrible! I'm so sorry she is going through that. You can totally lose weight on MFP alone. Many people have.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Hi! MFP hasn't told me there are new messages in a long time, so I just keep checking everyday and sure enough, there are new messages! I don't know why it stopped? Oh my, a gallon of water a day, that's a lot of water! I love jack-o-lanterns, that should be fun for the gkids and neighbor kids. Wow, your sister is strict! lol Thanks re: the bike, hoping to have it soon. Good Sept goals!

@renaegry I will be sending good thoughts your/his way. I hope you enjoyed your Michelob and "You".

@theslightedgeforever Oh yes, I forgot. That's good you listened to the doctor. :)

Well, dinner with coworkers was very, very good. We went to a Russian/Georgian/Armenian restaurant. I had stuffed cabbage rolls and we shared an order of potato/mushroom pierogis. Delicious. I did indulge in some dessert: we split two desserts, Russian honey cake and sour cream cake. It's meal prep day, here's what I'm cooking in case anyone needs ideas or is curious:

Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast + Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
    Creamy Keto Chicken-Poblano Soup
    Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear & Pomegranate Spinach Salad
    Avocado and Lump Crab Salad
    Cobb Salad

EMPOWERED.
  • JoDavo66
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I don't get msgs from this group just if someone likes or comments on my main feed.

@it's_cleo could the low bp be contributing to feeling tired when running? Good that your appt went well.

@renaergy sounds like a really busy time getting the kids to their events. Impressed you've gone for a run after all that.

@theslightedgeforever food choices were questionable! My hubbie got some rainbpw trout & small baby potatoes so had that instead of pizza!! Wasn't a good evening. I wasn't too far over my calorie goal. I've had some 'not so healthy' things today but in moderation so I still have plenty of calories left for dinner later. Like you say- I've got to keep to targets.

@trooworld the food out sounds lovely.

Had nice day. Early start, dropping eldest at marina but DH & I had McD's bagels for breakfast then did shopping. Went to Beamish with DH, youngest & niece for a couple of hours before collecting eldest. Pleased she passed her course & now the proud owner of power boat licence!! So when they start on her tomorrow asking why she wasn't at training she's got something to make her feel proud!!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hi all. Here I am mia again!! MFP usually tells me when there are new messages on the topics I have starred. But on this one, there were none, so I thought everyone must be busy & not corresponding. After about 3 days I thought this can't be right & logged in and there were all these posts that I missed! So annoying! Anyone else have that problem?

@renaegry , the kitten is so cute! I like kittens but they grow into cats, which I am not so crazy about. (sorry!) guess I am just a "dog person", lol. I have about the same goal weight in mind, it's been so near yet so far for too long! I just need to buckle down & do it!

@gemwolf110 , the firepit looks neat! I would like to have one, but they are actually outlawed in our town. 3 or 4 of our neighbors must not know that tho, lol.

@cbabie , congrats on 12# loss! That is huge! Glad wrist healing OK.

@TeresaW1020 , yeah on the house! Now you have the "fun" of moving..I really don't like that. But so exciting!
    My dd bought the house they were looking at & took possession yesterday. Still haven't sold the "old" one yet, tho, hopefully soon. They keep having showings, not sure why it isn't selling. (well, a few things I would "stage" differently but I guess when they get their stuff out, the agent is going to get it staged, so hope that will help) We got to see the new one today & I can see why they did not want to lose out on it. It is not quite as new as the "old" one (that sounds funny :) ), but very nice & seems so much bigger.

@trooworld , you asked about our pumpkins, no, they are not super big. I think it has been kinda dry there, so that affects how they grow. When they talk about the huge ones they have at the State Fair (1000#!), I think they say they need a gallon of water a day! Oh well, ours are just for decoration & hopefully jack-o-lanterns for the gkids & neighbor kids. Good luck with the exercise bike, should be good exercise! My sister doesn't even eat avocados that much, she really means no oils, lol.

@theslightedgeforever , great job in Aug! I have read things about the Beck Solution, and think it sounds very interesting. I'm sure all the processing & artificial things in food have contributed to weight gain & health decline in the "modern" world. I had to laugh at your granny taking a cart to the grocery store. My Mom had one also, so when she would have me go get groceries, she always wanted me to take hers. Just what a preteen (or teen) wants to be seen with! Somehow I managed to get it all home without the cart!

I'll try to keep up more!

My plan for Sept.
    Walk 10,000 steps/day (altho not doing good the last few days!)
    Stay within calorie limits for 1/2# weekly loss.
    Drink 64 oz water/day.

I’ve had that happen before with the notifications which is slightly annoying. I’ve been busy. Had training the last 2 mornings at the 2nd job in retail and still loving it. I’m so glad that I decided on this one. But will see if I change my mind once the holiday shopping season rush comes in lol. But it’s a company where I love the products so...

Well you should come over and enjoy mine. It was completed today!!!

Here are the progress photos. And love how it glows out to the sides because of the spaces between the bricks.

rtccuxnymrkz.jpeg
    nh3vguye5iqn.jpeg
    zwtdim19qmmk.jpeg
    ztrd6q116cif.jpeg
    8t23qjwm6btj.jpeg
    f362wtxd1rkp.jpeg
  • kimifarr
    kimifarr Posts: 2 Member
    HI! I've been using MFP for about 6 weeks and love it. My neighbor is a nutritionist and has helped set my macros to help me lose 20 pounds. I had been on points plus WW for a few years and loved it. Every time i needed to loose a few pounds i would jump back on and track my food. I pretty much looked at food in points. THEN they did that freestyle thing and i could not get the hang of it. I love being held accountable for what i eat and felt better when i had to track all my food ( with exception on vegeies and fruit.) So tomorrow i jump on the scale and hope to have lost another pound. I have lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I love periogis. I have a Polish friend that makes them. I think I will try your pear salad next week. That sounds good. Did you track a meal yesterday?

@joannadavison I'm one who does not believe in good foods vs bad foods. Probably so I can eat the bad foods and not feel guilty. lol I'm learning to rename them healthy vs unhealthy. It makes my choices easier sometimes. Sometimes I want to live here in the now and enjoy my ice cream. I made better choices than I usually do on Saturday. I got a no sugar added small scoop in a cup. Important thing I think is staying within the boundaries daily and we can work on the balance of our food. I love boats and the water.

@gemwolf110 That's the part I love about the firepit too. The spaces between the bricks to see the glow. I just had a bad thought. You can roast marshmallows through that hole. With your job I bet the employee discounts are nice. What is your food/exercise plan for the upcoming holiday season. You know you will be super busy during that time. It's good to have a plan in place before it hits.

@kimifarr Welcome to the group! Lots of people had problems with that freestyle thing. I'm a data person and like to know exactly what I'm eating/exercising.

So I got my stitches out today. I think one was embedded in my nose. She couldn't get it out and kept pulling and kept apologizing because she knew it hurt. Yes it did. My bp was high again today. I have hypertension but this was second time it was high in a 5 days. I took it at home and it was much lower. I'm going to track it for awhile and see. Maybe I need a dosage change? I'm wondering if this carb cycling thing is affecting it somehow. I'm not using sodium more than normal. Anyway, don't want to stroke out. I'm still working towards my goal. ;) There's a good chance of long term success with this plan.

Tomorrow I start my next 100 days. I'm doing a combination of two books and already have my syllabus outlined for it.
  • JoDavo66
    @gemwolf110 lets all visit for healtht cookout on your firepit. We have a lot of work to do on our garden- DH started but then back injury hampered him, had all sorts of plan that haven't happened- your firepit is making me very jealous

@kimifarr welcome. I haven't been on MFP very long either- this is a great group. I've literally just cancelled WW (been with them almost 10 years, never hit goal but been very close)- saving my money for PT now. I did buy this month's magazine & also the Slimming World one too.

@theslightedgeforever : stitches out- ouch only goid experiences I had was the 1 stitch & beads 1st C-section then soluble for 2nd- all rest ops not been nice. Was the high bp due to stress of stitches?? I remember asking what the beeping was in theatre when I had minor surgery with local & no sedation-my bp was through the roof & I heard it come down once he'd finished- really dramatic. My mum's was up & it was the potassium in the salt alternative- shehad to get that all sorted. Mighr be worth checking a few reasons.

Had another tiring day but productive. DH cooked a veggie version of "Cajun dirty rice" from Pinch of Nom book tonight- it was lush!!!!
    Hope you all have goid day
  • its_cleo
    @gemwolf110 your firepit looks awesome! It’s so pretty- very nice and inviting. Yeah the spaces between the bricks are great. Did you come up with that design yourself?

@theslightedgeforever wow that sounds awful with the stitches. Did they heal ok?

Hi @kimifarr welcome!

@joannadavison! Congrats to your daughter! Great to have an accomplishment after a negative day. The low bp- I don’t know it could be making me tired. I certainly have chronic raccoon eyes no matter how much sleep I get! I know I get dizzy when doing certain strength training exercises and that could be causing it. There’s really nothing I can do about I guess except she said to make sure I drink enough water. So that was a goal anyway. And hopefully it doesn’t dip down right out of the normal range.

@trooworld sounds like a nice dinner out. Yeah the two salads look good, though I’m not a fan of lump crab. Maybe I can substitute something. I'm going to try one of the chili recipes you recommended later this week.

@renaegry sounds like the kids are keeping you busy. It’s great you can exercise while they have their events.
    Well I am starting a new week and trying really hard to stay on track. Went out Sunday with a couple people and stuck to my limit of 2 beers. It helped that I didn’t really care for the options lol. We grabbed lunch and so I was over calories by 200 but I think I can bring that down by end of week. I hope! I have a few long days for me, which is very unusual, but I have a new project at work picking up and I have to travel 3 days this week, and go in to the office the fourth. So I usually end up eating more when I’m out and about.

I have made a plan for the week of meals and snacks- I don’t normally do that but hoping it will help me.
    I went for a walk today instead of a run bc I felt beat. I walked through an old cemetery here, it is very pretty. My exercise will be less this week bc I won’t be home as much.

I’m a bit anxious with the new projects. Bc I’m like a consultant I have to meet new people all over again every project. But I’m supposed to be with this group until May, so hopefully once I get started it will all be good.
    Take care all.