So my clothes weigh 2 pounds

I normally weigh fully clothed. Had no idea they weight that much.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    and that could change as your type of clothes change - guess thats why its best to weigh naked :)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Mine weight anywhere from a pound to 2.5 pounds depending on what I am wearing, with jeans weighing the most.

That is why it is best to weigh without clothes, as it removes them from being a variable in a change in weight.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    That's why when I have a doctor's appointment, I wear the lightest clothes that I have, since I know they'll weigh me with clothes on. :p

I am also guilty of this, haha!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    My scale weighs heavy, so when I go to the doctor, I weigh less than I did at home. A couple of pounds is such a negligible amount though, so I never worry about it.
    Minuscule fluctuations daily. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    I work from home and pretty much wear the same thing (tshirt and shorts) everyday. Since I thought my clothes weight maybe a pound, I never really worried about it.
    I wonder if the additional shirt and shoes I wear to the doctor make up the 3 pound difference between their scale and mine...
  • lulabelbo
    lulabelbo Posts: 105 Member
    When I go to the doc they weigh me with my clothes. And shoes on. If Ididn’t put down my purse and cane they would probably include them.😋
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    lulabelbo wrote: »
    When I go to the doc they weigh me with my clothes. And shoes on. If Ididn’t put down my purse and cane they would probably include them.😋

They'd weigh me with my shoes, but I kick them off.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    It helps to weigh on the same (reasonably new, digital) scale in the morning, after the toilet, in the same level of dress (minimal or none). It still fluctuates by several pounds...
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    With my shoes and all the stuff in my pants, I can weigh-in at 5-6# heavier than when naked.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I checked a long time ago and it was about 5 pounds with shoes and things in my pockets. I don't really worry about weighing heavier at the doctor than at home because I am still losing weight. The only time it sucks is when I have hit a fairly large milestone and then the doctor's scale puts me back over again.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Mine are 3 to 4 pounds, ish. Today I'm wearing almost exactly 3 pounds of clothes, at least according to my scale. I usually weigh in PJs, which are light and don't change much.

Sort of disheartening to weigh at the doctor with all my clothes, usually midday after meals lol.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    That must be without shoes.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I was surprised to find just my underwear and workout pants were 1.5lbs.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited September 2019
    My current Dr doesn't weigh me until I request it. They ask how much I weigh because they know I weigh at home (naked)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i dont know how much my clothes weight. i weigh myself naked. im not concerned about the weight of my clothes ;)
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Yup, 2 pounds is pretty typical for clothes. When I weigh at the gym, or if I'm at home but don't feel like stripping down, I just subtract 2 pounds for regular clothes, or 1 pound for workout gear. Sweats and a fleece takes me up to 3 pounds.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I weigh in my gym clothes each morning. The size M gym clothes, with shoes, weigh 2.8 lb. At the beginning of this, when my gym clothes were XL, they weighed 3.4 lb. I apply that delta before entering weight on this site.