What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I bought this huge seedless watermelon...then wondered how 2 people were going to finish it. I did share part of it, but we are almost done. It's so good and sweet and juicy!
    I also love coffee and chocolate...
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Lowfat cottage cheese

Favorite brand?

Nordica for me.

I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

What’s been your favorite so far?? Cottage cheese is one of those things that’s so regional! Haha. Like me, I have never heard of Nordica..

I’m on a local creamery kick (Humboldt creamery is a fave) but I also really like the organic store brand at Safeway.
    Knudsen in a pinch.
    Nancy’s is too tangy for me, Trader Joe’s too whey-y, and (although I keep trying to like it) the crystal just lacks the right silkiness but I like the short ingredient list..
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2019
    eimmiaye6b8r.png
    rdp2brex9rtc.png
    Tried good culture...thought texture was messed up/didn't like gumminess. Maybe I got a bad batch, exp date was good but cottage cheese is notoriously slightly inconsistent even from batch to batch (even from brands like friendship & breakstone). Always check exp dates because CC does not exactly fly off the shelves because of how polarizing it can be (I commonly find expired ones on shelves all the time/at least once a week at a variety of grocery stores)
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    In our house we’re currently going crazy on cauliflower rice. We buy the frozen steam bags of regular rice and cauliflower rice with are the same size bags but rice has 360 cals in 1 bag vs 60 cals in 1 bag of cauliflower. We’re impressed!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    NadNight wrote: »
    In our house we’re currently going crazy on cauliflower rice. We buy the frozen steam bags of regular rice and cauliflower rice with are the same size bags but rice has 360 cals in 1 bag vs 60 cals in 1 bag of cauliflower. We’re impressed!

Same here! I've been hooked on riced cauliflower lately too. I've been buying the huge bags from Costco. It's so good with hot sauce on it and super low calorie. Yum.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.

I was just about to write the same thing!

There's a vendor at my favorite green market that sells pickled everything (as well as some tasty spicy sauces), and while I of course go to the green market for fresh produce I always pick up something from them. Currently into pickled green beans. I should just make them all myself (as I do with pickled onions), but so far have not.

Now I am really craving some pickled okra.

Does pickling okra make it more palatable? One of my least favorite vegetables :/

If you like pickled things, yes! But I also love okra.
  • StephanieWilliams91
    StephanieWilliams91 Posts: 10 Member
    So Natural Freeze Dried Fruit Slices... 70 cals a bag! And found this gem a Dollar Tree! Bought 50 bags the following weekend!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Lowfat cottage cheese

Favorite brand?

Nordica for me.

I love you guys for this.
    I’m soooo brand specific for my CC, but I can rarely remember which one I really like best... I’m constantly comparison testing.

What’s been your favorite so far?? Cottage cheese is one of those things that’s so regional! Haha. Like me, I have never heard of Nordica..

This is so true. We recently had to move my elderly inlaws from their home. My husband and I were cleaning out the fridge and I took home their local dairy, Broughtons (southeast Ohio and western West Virginia), cottage cheese. It was the most delicious cc I have ever had. Now when we go to look after their house, I always have to bring home a few containers. I am for sure picky about my cc. We don't have a local brand that I have found to prefer, so I always go with Daisy 2%. I bought Breakstone once and ended up feeding it to my dog.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    So Natural Freeze Dried Fruit Slices... 70 cals a bag! And found this gem a Dollar Tree! Bought 50 bags the following weekend!

Me too! These are great! I like munch on them and put in oatmeal:-) and great price dollar tree.
  • Joie_de_vivre17
    Joie_de_vivre17 Posts: 23 Member
    Buffalo Tuna pouches
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    So I've started adding more carbs into my diet... and sweet potatoes + nut butter + maple syrup. loveee
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Can be a new product you're loving or a simple ingredient you can't live without.

Me? Coconut manna. Love it! Also into homemade cucumber feta dip with fresh vegetables ...

Omgosh I ust discoveted how yummy coconut manna is too! Sooo good!
  • VegjoyP
    mx4l6vjislb0.png
    Have been going through a bottle every few days.... it is addicting.

Also strawberries, strawberry fig jam, and melindas banana chips.

I love Jordans skinny syrup
    My current fave is vanilla caramel creme

That is mine too, used to be caramel. I love the toffee one too
  • VegjoyP
    Sunwarrior chocolate protein. I can not get enough!
    Good Foods Queso, Creamy Cilantro and Tzatzki plant based dips on cauliflower and broccoli!
    Yogi Caramel Bedtime tea 💜
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ethiopian food AND I just discovered Korean beef Bibimbap bowl the other day and I want some more SOON!
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Trader Joe's Chocolate Hummus! Tastes like raw brownie batter (although not as sweet). So good!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    lisaepell wrote: »
    Trader Joe's Chocolate Hummus! Tastes like raw brownie batter (although not as sweet). So good!

yes!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I was introduced to these this weekend. Oh my!

co77aa3ssu2k.jpg
  • Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    LemonBar_576x288.png?1494218332