Do I need to update anything within myfitnesspal?

As I lose weight do I need to update my settings (Update Your Diet Profile) within myfitnesspal? I am using my original settings (initial starting weight and how active I am etc)

Since I work out 5 days a week I really wouldn't consider myself "Sedentary" anymore.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Workouts aren't part of your activity setting anyway so that's not a reason to change your setting - it's an irrelevance to chosing your activity setting if you work out (purposeful exercise) daily or never.
    If your daily activity level changed that's when you should change it (e.g. when I retired and spent less time sitting and much more time moving I increased from lightly acive to active to compensate).

You might want to consider changing your rate of weight loss as you progress towards goal or simply on how easy or hard you are finding adherence.
  • jlucas210
    jlucas210 Posts: 43 Member
    I found that my calorie goal didn't change as I lost weight unless I went into my profile & just clicked the button to save or update (not sure what it was called exactly). I did that after about 20 lbs & my calorie goal decreased. I didn't change any of the settings or numbers, I just had to make MFP use the numbers it already has (my current weight) to recalculate my daily goal.
  • weight957
    weight957 Posts: 8 Member
    jlucas210 wrote: »
    I found that my calorie goal didn't change as I lost weight unless I went into my profile & just clicked the button to save or update (not sure what it was called exactly). I did that after about 20 lbs & my calorie goal decreased. I didn't change any of the settings or numbers, I just had to make MFP use the numbers it already has (my current weight) to recalculate my daily goal.

Thanks, I'll keep this into consideration as well.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I'm on the Android app. My calories updated (decreased) just by entering new weights under "progress". They went from 1240 to 1220 after losing 5 pounds.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I have to update mine. Mine does not automatically change. It always gives a warning that it will change calories, but it never does.

So, I had to manually go into profile and goals to change activity setting and weekly loss goal.

My app seems very glitchy this time round.