Share Your Day

Replies

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @maiomaio71 that sounds like my kind of day😊 Enjoy!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @tinkerbellang83 Thank you for both pictures. I am always fascinated by places people visit, thank you for sharing.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    @maiomaio71 that sounds like my kind of day😊 Enjoy!

It was awesome! Got cold and wet. There were a few other crazies out there with me. Then lazed in the bath with my book. The "boys" were out training so I got heaps of time before I had to start dinner. The cat came and sat by the bath to keep me company. Made me feel so much better.
  • kosseychick
    You inspired me.. I'm going to go laze in the tub with a hot bubble bath with some candles and relax after supper😊
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    @kosseychick there's nothing better than a hot bath and a good book. It's my go-to when I need time to myself.
  • kosseychick
    @maiomaio71 .. I hear ya😊. It's a great way to decompress
  • Tom1997B
    Tom1997B Posts: 10 Member
    Day 2 of being back on it! Had a few weeks to work out some personal stuff but now I’m back and even more motivated. Going for the ‘small change’ approach atm, just looking at eating better and eating less, not been counting calories but I know it’s definitely enough to put me on a deficit. Realistically got about 140lb to lose so it’s going to be a long journey from here on out, but hopefully I can stick to being motivated, follow my calorie allowance and just make progress
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Did my first full leg day with my trainer. I started with him last Wednesday, at 320 lbs, now one week later, I'm at 312 lbs. Totally changed my eating habits, work out with him twice a week. I'm feeling better than I have in a long time, and my motivation is through the roof. Plus I get to eat a LOT during the day.......well, the healthy stuff! 8lbs in one week, damn right I'm happy!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Did my first full leg day with my trainer. I started with him last Wednesday, at 320 lbs, now one week later, I'm at 312 lbs. Totally changed my eating habits, work out with him twice a week. I'm feeling better than I have in a long time, and my motivation is through the roof. Plus I get to eat a LOT during the day.......well, the healthy stuff! 8lbs in one week, damn right I'm happy!

I was just thinking about you yesterday and considering tagging you today to see how you have been doing.

I am guessing the big change in your eating habits was a lower carb regimen. The 8 pounds would definitely include some water weight which is no joke when it comes to feeling better. Just be careful with your motivation because water weight has a tendency to return incrementally which can seem to make progress stall for periods of time.

I am glad your wife consented to the trainer and you are feeling great.
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

I was just thinking about you yesterday and considering tagging you today to see how you have been doing.

I am guessing the big change in your eating habits was a lower carb regimen. The 8 pounds would definitely include some water weight which is no joke when it comes to feeling better. Just be careful with your motivation because water weight has a tendency to return incrementally which can seem to make progress stall for periods of time.

I know about the water weight thing. I know weight loss isn't linear. But I am drinking 3.5 litres of water a day. I pee a lot. Lol. Glad you were thinking of me! I've been around. Just creepin', but not posting!!!
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    Spoke to my GP today and my iron levels are very low, I need to start taking 600mg iron a day and if my levels were a bit lower we would’ve been discussing blood transfusions. Anyone know if this could have an impact on my weight loss?? Should I be expecting any changes or should I be making changes to my diet (apart from getting more iron rich food)??
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @davemacdonald31 Good to see you back and glad to see things are going well for ya.
  • NovusDies

I know about the water weight thing. I know weight loss isn't linear. But I am drinking 3.5 litres of water a day. I pee a lot. Lol. Glad you were thinking of me! I've been around. Just creepin', but not posting!!!

I would not enjoy drinking that much water. Seems like you have a plan though.

Less creepin and more posting!
  • NovusDies
    Spoke to my GP today and my iron levels are very low, I need to start taking 600mg iron a day and if my levels were a bit lower we would’ve been discussing blood transfusions. Anyone know if this could have an impact on my weight loss?? Should I be expecting any changes or should I be making changes to my diet (apart from getting more iron rich food)??

I can't guide you specifically but I hope you get that straightened out soon. I would think you would start having more energy once your levels start to rise again. It should not have any impact on weight loss as long as you continue to create a deficit most days.
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member

I can't guide you specifically but I hope you get that straightened out soon. I would think you would start having more energy once your levels start to rise again. It should not have any impact on weight loss as long as you continue to create a deficit most days.

Thanks, I’ve been on google and there’s two opposite schools of thought. I’ll either lose weight fine because I’ve got more energy, or I’ve been losing quickly because my body’s been working harder to keep going so the weight loss will slow down. Suppose I’ll find out in a couple of weeks
  • NovusDies

Thanks, I’ve been on google and there’s two opposite schools of thought. I’ll either lose weight fine because I’ve got more energy, or I’ve been losing quickly because my body’s been working harder to keep going so the weight loss will slow down. Suppose I’ll find out in a couple of weeks

I can't imagine why it would slow down. I am no expert though. I would suspect if there is a slightly lowering of your metabolism (which I doubt will happen) it will be a small percentage change in your weight loss like 5 percent slower or something. It is more likely it will remain about the same or slightly increase because if your energy goes up you are more likely to move more.

I have read that different people have different levels of sensitivity to iron deficiencies. Some people are on the low side of normal and feel it dramatically while others are really low and barely knew it was happening.
  • real_change
    real_change Posts: 53 Member
    I've been MIA on here for the last week. I started back to work after two months off to recover from surgery. I have a very stressful job and it's pretty much been a disaster since I returned. I'm still recovering from my surgery and didn't feel ready to go back and I was right. I do have some wonderful people on my side at work and I will fully recover at some point so none of this is hopeless but it's been very hard. I've had a few days of reverting to my old bad eating habits but I'm keeping up with the daily weighing and logging my food. I haven't deliberately avoided our group, but I've been so wiped out, I haven't even felt like I had the energy to stay checked in.

All this to say, I'm struggling but refuse to give up. What would giving up accomplish?
  • NovusDies
    I've been MIA on here for the last week. I started back to work after two months off to recover from surgery. I have a very stressful job and it's pretty much been a disaster since I returned. I'm still recovering from my surgery and didn't feel ready to go back and I was right. I do have some wonderful people on my side at work and I will fully recover at some point so none of this is hopeless but it's been very hard. I've had a few days of reverting to my old bad eating habits but I'm keeping up with the daily weighing and logging my food. I haven't deliberately avoided our group, but I've been so wiped out, I haven't even felt like I had the energy to stay checked in.

All this to say, I'm struggling but refuse to give up. What would giving up accomplish?

I was just about to get my keys to head to your house to check on you!

That sounds like a pretty tough week. I hope it gets better soon.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @real_change Sorry to hear this is a difficult time for you in many ways. I am proud of you for deciding to refuse to give up on your health goals / weight journey. Hugs!