Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Oatmeal on stove. Dust from areas cleaned yesterday has me congested and so sleep after breakfast will be welcome.

Weight is on a downward trend again, so will make sure not to celebrate too much with food.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Runa--I'm new so I don't know all of the backstory, but kudos to you for working to get your mental and physical health in check and working towards housing stability! So critical for wellbeing! We are here for you when you are able to check in, and rooting for you when you are not. I will keep my fingers crossed that your new place passes inspection. That dance class sounds so fun!

Lana--glad to hear you arrived safely to NYC! I haven't been in years, but how fun to visit!

Ama--Track it and move forward. Today's a new day. Start afresh!

Sara--thank you for getting us started. Oatmeal is such a great way to start the day. Maybe celebrate your downward scale trend with a walk around the block or something or by blasting your favorite song!

As for me, I went to a WW meeting yesterday and sadly found it depressing rather than inspiring as I usually do. It's the same people who have been there for years, seemingly making no progress whatsoever. And I swear I'm the youngest person in the room (and I'm not young.)  WW has really worked to modernize the program, though, with lots of new bells and whistles. I will use the tools for the next 30 days to get all I can out of it, and, of course, the priority access to the Oprah tickets, then cancel.

I finally motivated myself to get on the elliptical machine yesterday--got about 30 minutes in. Will try for more today. I can't remember--I think someone might have asked what an elliptical machine is a couple of days ago and I think I forgot to answer. Not sure how to describe it, but it's similar to a stair stepper exercise machine, except that your steps are very fluid and more rounded. I think it's supposed to be less strain on your body than a stair stepper. 

This morning: church potluck, then take my child to his sports activity. Meal prep and laundry later. (We'll grill salmon and veggies for dinner). 

I'm really angry with my child right now. He took all of the cans from the pantry and stacked them in a tower in the middle of the floor in the basement. I told him to put it all back and, while I didn't expect he'd be able to re-organize them as I had them, he just threw them in all over the place, not standing up, but laying on their sides, even denting several. He said his dad said he could stack the cans. So, I've told my husband he gets to work with my child to put it all back. I am hiding in the spare room right now seething mad. I feel like our lives have been so out of control for the last 3 years. I've been working so hard the past several months to normallize everything, including getting the house in order. I can't believe my husband would sabotage my efforts by allowing this. So. Ding. Dang. Mad. 

We tried a new recipe yesterday--are we allowed to link recipes? I recall from long ago that we are not. But I found it on Epicurious. It's called Mexican Fiesta Casserole and features ground turkey, black beans, corn, chopped onions and zucchini, corn tortillas (which turned to mush--why even include them?), taco seasoning, and salsa. Reduced fat cheese over the top, then bake. I think the recipe as written needs fine-tuning, but is a keeper. I might include some whole grains instead of the corn tortillas. And we used more veggies and less cheese than the recipe called for. And I'd eliminate the taco seasoning packet and just use a few choice spices instead. But, a pretty easy and delicious dish overall. 

Anyway, have a great day everyone. Hello to all who follow. 
  • skinnytacular
    Oh, I forgot to mention--we are bringing cut watermelon to the potluck. I'm hoping for a veggie burger with maybe just half the bun. Maybe there will be a nice salad that doesn't look mayonnaisey.
  • Morning all, well afternoon here but I’m very late checking in. Had to take daughter to a riding club event this morning and then hubby wanted help to go out shopping for some things he needs for his latest toy, a 3D printer of all things. Finally back home, it’s gone 2pm and I’ve only managed one quick 15 minutes on the treadmill!

Lana, have fun in NYC, always wanted to go there to do Christmas shopping but soooo expensive!

Skinny I hope your potluck goes well and that you get your cans back how you wanted them. Kids are hard work some times!

Hi to everyone and hope you have a great Sunday 😊
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning All~~

It is really depressing being back in my shoebox of an apartment in NYC. I have a mountain of cleaning and paperwork to do~~

Lana

253.0 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Skinny we can post recipe links - I know I have...... Hope the men in your family did some team/bonding.

Lana - you need shoebox to see dr.'s. Make a to do list and go slowly.

Lunch is waiting and I am bored, so maybe a walk after lunch.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member

NB: I’m Laura from East Sussex UK

SUNDAY

AMA don’t beat yourself up . We all have ‘cupcake’ days as Sara called it.

I had an emotional weekend interring ashes of my lovely Dad. Been a tough weekend and spent all today travelling back from Manchester where we were with family. Ate far too much but it’s my usual comfort eating. Dreading scales tomorrow am.

Sara i was told clary sage would be good for perimenopause so have been trying that. It’s a nice smell:) it’s supposed to lift mood and anxiety.

Lana - i so agree re doctors and how they deal with back pain. Hugs to anyone suffering. It’s not fun.

Nik - hope you survived the shopping trip and you had a good weekend

Skinny hope you got through all you needed to.

Waves to all:)

• frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    MONDAY

Gemwolf - looks truly awesome the fire pit - must have taken some work so lots of calories burned too?!!!

Off to work and having that ‘I hate Mondays’ as dont really feel I had a rest this weekend. I need to have an early night tonight. One good thing I have kept the 1lb weight loss so that’s a relief but need to exercise tonight.

Have a great day everyone 👍
  • Morning all!

@gemwolf110 that fire pit looks amazing. I'd love something like that here!

Back to work Monday morning for me too Laura! It's just no fun! I really enjoyed my job ip until recently but now finding it a real struggle to like at the moment. Mostly because with us being a charity we are overworked and under paid. I used to put in more hours without pay to get the work done but then our boss told us doing that meant we'd never get help so we've all stopped but I hate leaving things not done. Ah well. I'm on the road a bit today so that beats sitting around at my desk!

Happy Monday everyone!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning Laura and Nikki~~

Missy - your fire pit area looks great. Love seeing your puppies! 😍

Today is a busy day for me with lots of walking (yay) in between all the stops. 👍🏻

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

*tossing towel and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

252.4 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Good morning. Still in the range 229.3 but I’m not going to worry about it today because it’s Monday and school is back in session for the kids so lots of running around after work today.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Scale down again a little - down 3.4 pounds since I learned I was leaving original department. Never underestimate stress.

Boy half of our posters beat me to post this morning. We are off and running. After more sleep I try and get before dog walk.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Missy - LOVE your firepit - appears your doggo does as well :)
    RUNA!!!!! - I think about you everytime I post. I am very glad to see joy in your post. I am so glad you are doing better!
    I have to catch up from the weekend for the rest of the posts! Was disconnected for the weekend - no wifi, no cell service. NICE but odd!
    Lurking
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Hi Runa!! so glad to hear you are doing better and things are looking up!

Phyical therapy for my back tonight. Just hope I dont have to bend over much. I developed a sinus infection over the weekend and my head feels like its going to pop from all the sinus pressure!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Skinny edit last post from yesterday from you - what that should read is that they got team work in and did whatever was necessary (clean up??) - brain did not complete the idea. Sorry about that. Post the recipe please.
  • skinnytacular
    Hello all! Just waving hi! I had no time to post this morning because I was busy exercising! Woo hoo! Will try later.Love the fire pit, Missy. Here's a link to the recipe: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/mexican-fiesta-casserole-51186420

I think next time I'm going to leave out the corn tortillas and sub a whole grain instead. And substitute my own spices for the taco seasoning packet.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Kathryn - good luck with PT. Sometimes they make you want to smack them - at least mine sometimes caused alot of pain. particularly with needling. But it was always worth it. I have neck issues at times. Some hard work at PT and continual exercises have kept it good!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2019
    Kathryn -PT patients do what most people consider stupid exercises and stop doing them, do the "stupid" exercises - short term loss long term gain. How can we help keep motivated?
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hello all! Just waving hi! I had no time to post this morning because I was busy exercising! Woo hoo! Will try later.Love the fire pit, Missy. Here's a link to the recipe: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/mexican-fiesta-casserole-51186420

I think next time I'm going to leave out the corn tortillas and sub a whole grain instead. And substitute my own spices for the taco seasoning packet.

I’m going to have to give that recipe a try! Sounds yummy.

Thank you 😊 it came out better than how I imagined it!