Almond "milk" deception

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    I'm just going to go on the record and say that I like nut juice.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    I'm just going to go on the record and say that I like nut juice.

Don’t we all
  • s131951
    It's a sticky topic.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nut juice........um....

These are words you could use in the bedroom...
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited September 2019
    Don't care what it's called.

Agree. I buy the unsweetened almond milk because it's only 30 calories a cup and cheap!
  • s131951

Agree. I buy the unsweetened almond milk because it's only 30 calories a cup and cheap at Aldi!

More Aldi shout-outs! Can I get a woo?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I call it cold nut press and coconaid. Feels more like an unexpected treat that way
  • your_future_ex_wife
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Nut juice........um....

These are words you could use in the bedroom...

Nooshi, it’s intentional ❤️
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    I love nuts, whatever the white liquid is called.
    🥴
  • your_future_ex_wife

Agree. I buy the unsweetened almond milk because it's only 30 calories a cup and cheap at Aldi!

nope
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited September 2019

Edited. Wasn't aware I couldn't mention a grocery store? Is that really a rule?
  • your_future_ex_wife

Wasn't aware I couldn't mention a grocery store? Is that really a rule?
    not that i know of. i guess it could be construed as promoting but i think this is probably fine.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I call it cold nut press and coconaid. Feels more like an unexpected treat that way

Well that’s most likely the fancy organic version.
  • s131951

For me it was a woo of excitement
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited September 2019
    This had me laughing. In one native dialect we call all milk the root word for breast/source + animal/plant.

1. Human milk translated, milk from breast/source of his/her mother.
    2. Coconut (nuts, seeds or grain) milk translated, milk from flesh of coconut.
    3. Cow/goat/camel translated, milk from cow, goat, camel breast.

Terms for water and milk are different as they aren't from the same source. Eg. A nursing mum produces 2 forms of liquid (void and breast milk) ... Terms aren't interchangeable. Coconut water isn't coconut milk. Almond milk is extracted in much the same process as coconut milk.
  • pizzamyheart

For me it was a woo of excitement

I was so excited I had to have some nut juice. Or almond milk, if you will.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    My teenage son is not a fan of all the dairy alternatives I keep buying and putting in the fridge. I made my own blend one day with several types of nuts, and offered him a taste. He was not amused. So I put it in a jug in the fridge and wrote NUT JUICE in big letters on it. He was still not amused.
  • pizzamyheart
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    My teenage son is not a fan of all the dairy alternatives I keep buying and putting in the fridge. I made my own blend one day with several types of nuts, and offered him a taste. He was not amused. So I put it in a jug in the fridge and wrote NUT JUICE in big letters on it. He was still not amused.

How can that not amuse a teenage boy? I would be extremely amused to see that in the fridge and i am an old lady.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    This had me laughing. In one native dialect we call all milk the root word for breast/source + animal/plant.

Terms for water and milk are different as they aren't from the same source. Eg. A nursing mum produces 2 forms of liquid (void and breast milk) ... Terms aren't interchangeable. Coconut water isn't coconut milk. Almond milk is extracted in much the same process as coconut milk.
    I've seen that camel milk at the grocery store.

NBfAkXh.png

What made me do a double take though was "Product of USA" on the label. Like where are we stashing camels at in this country? Probably in some huge tent somewhere in Ohio. Poor babies.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »

I've seen that camel milk at the grocery store.

NBfAkXh.png

What made me do a double take though was "Product of USA" on the label. Like where are we stashing camels at in this country? Probably in some huge tent somewhere in Ohio. Poor babies.

And they've probably run out of fresh camels by now so it's more than likely inbred camel milk.