Excercise Calories

lorhe04
lorhe04 Posts: 10 Member
Hi! Just getting back on the bandwagon after a long pause. I don’t want to eat back the excercise calories, I’d like to disable them. I’ve tried looking everywhere but can’t find where to disable. No, I don’t have premium. Any help?

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    You can't be credited for exercise calories if you don't log your exercise.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    If you used MFP to calculate your calorie goal, it doesn’t include any estimates of exercise so if you do work out and don’t eat them back, you run the risk of creating a calorie deficit too large which can have several adverse effects.

Difficult to get adequate nutrition, fatigue, loss of lean body mass, hair loss, brittle nails, sallow skin.

So why is it you don’t want to use the program as designed?
  • lorhe04
    Danp wrote: »
    To my knowledge, I didn’t do it purposely. I think it’s using my phone to count steps. I’m sure. It didn’t do this the first time I used this app a long while ago.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    lorhe04 wrote: »
    To my knowledge, I didn’t do it purposely. I think it’s using my phone to count steps. I’m sure. It didn’t do this the first time I used this app a long while ago.

Then you've linked your MFP to a fitness app which is updating your step count. So you've got 3 options:
    1. Unlink them so MFP isn't updated with steps.
    2. Ignore the additional calories credited for steps. Your body has no idea the app has given you these extra calories so just don't use them.
    3. Use the app as intended and eat (some) of the exercise calories to make sure you're losing weight in a permanent, sustainable, safe and healthy fashion.

There is a 4th options where you increase the activity level in your settings so that the steps you're taking are already accounted for by the increased calorie target.

G'luck
  • lorhe04
    lorhe04 wrote: »

Then you've linked your MFP to a fitness app which is updating your step count. So you've got 3 options:
    1. Unlink them so MFP isn't updated with steps.
    2. Ignore the additional calories credited for steps. Your body has no idea the app has given you these extra calories so just don't use them.
    3. Use the app as intended and eat (some) of the exercise calories to make sure you're losing weight in a permanent, sustainable, safe and healthy fashion.

There is a 4th options where you increase the activity level in your settings so that the steps you're taking are already accounted for by the increased calorie target.

G'luck
    THANK YOU! ♥️