Body changes you've noticed - add yours!

I've noticed a few changes in the last couple of weeks, and thought it would be fun to track them. If anyone wants to join in, it'd be interesting to compare.

F 40 years 5.7 ft
SW 178lb @ 01.08.19
CW 167lb
GW 140lb
MFP cal loss rate 1.5lb/wk
MFP cal allowance 1340
Lifestyle - Lightly Active
Additional exercise - swimming 6x/wk, pilates class 1x/wk

Week 1 - felt better because food intolerances no longer triggered.
Week 2 - as above.
Week 3 - felt leggings getting loose.
Week 4 - noticeable reduction in belly and chest. Needed new leggings and swimsuit. Back into smaller bras.
Week 5 - first sign of muscle definition in thighs and stomach! Rest of clothes very baggy, holding it a bit longer to replace. Stronger and faster during swimming.

I'll repaste and add more as they happen. Would love to read yours, even if you don't know exactly when the changes occurred, or just want to start from now :)

Replies

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I’ve only started measuring in the last month but since 9 days ago I’ve lost an inch in my waist, half an inch on my hips, 1inch lower thighs and half an inch uppers. Pretty happy about that.
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    I’ve only started measuring in the last month but since 9 days ago I’ve lost an inch in my waist, half an inch on my hips, 1inch lower thighs and half an inch uppers. Pretty happy about that.

That's amazing! Well done. I haven't been measuring and I'm cross with myself about that, but you've just shown my that it's not too late to start!
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Yeah I’ve always gone by the scales but with my new workouts atm my fluctuations are all over the place so I’ve ditched scales for a while and am measuring. My Pt suggested so I could still be motivated by the loss even if my weight wasn’t reflective of that.
  • LeiLaura
    Yeah I’ve always gone by the scales but with my new workouts atm my fluctuations are all over the place so I’ve ditched scales for a while and am measuring. My Pt suggested so I could still be motivated by the loss even if my weight wasn’t reflective of that.

I think I'm reaching that point as well. Got the first time, I didn't have a loss on the scales this week, it really threw me after losing 2lb+ a week the last month! I'll have to look out that tape measure... How frequently do you measure / see a loss?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    I measure every few days. Just out of interest. I forgot to measure for nine days so was surprised by the results today
  • LeiLaura
    I measure every few days. Just out of interest. I forgot to measure for nine days so was surprised by the results today

It's an amazing result!
  • LeiLaura
    Photo on Left = 250 lbs (-30 lbs into my journey)
    Photo on Right = 213 lbs (-67 lbs into my journey)

SW in April 2019 = 280 lbs.
    UGW = 180 lbs.
    Age 54, Height 6'1"
    In the first photo I was down 30 lbs but couldn't really see any change other than clothes fitting a little better. That all changed through the Summer!
    l1yib4ndfsbt.jpg

Wow, that's brilliant! Well done! Thanks for joining in :)
  • LeiLaura
    edited September 2019
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Female
    5”5
    SW: 184lbs/13st 2lbs (6 months ago)
    CW: 139.7/9st 13lbs
    GW: 134
    Lightly active

Changes I’ve noticed include:

My engagement ring is loose (at one point I couldn’t even wear it because my fingers had gotten fat and swollen)

I no longer have knee pain

My leggings and pyjama bottoms are saggy and fall off me (not a good look lol)

I have a spine and collar bone (who knew?!)

My face has more definition and no longer resembles that of someone who has taken an allergic reaction

My thighs no longer rub at the top

I feel colder - I’m not sure if this has anything to do with losing weight though

I’ve lost 3 inches from my thighs, 4.5 inches from my waist, 5.5 inches from my hips and 3 inches from my chest.

Well done @LeiLaura, you look great 😍
    0wtz3lgaruf0.jpeg
    gz8jy5nmvpij.jpeg
    [edited by MFP mods]

Aw, thank you! You look fantastic, what an achievement. Thank you for including pics, and joining the thread, I find people's journeys fascinating and motivating in equal measure :)
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura wrote: »
    I've noticed a few changes in the last couple of weeks, and thought it would be fun to track them. If anyone wants to join in, it'd be interesting to compare.

F 40 years 5.7 ft
    SW 178lb @ 01.08.19
    CW 167lb
    GW 140lb
    MFP cal loss rate 1.5lb/wk
    MFP cal allowance 1340
    Lifestyle - Lightly Active
    Additional exercise - swimming 6x/wk, pilates class 1x/wk

Week 1 - felt better because food intolerances no longer triggered.
    Week 2 - as above.
    Week 3 - felt leggings getting loose.
    Week 4 - noticeable reduction in belly and chest. Needed new leggings and swimsuit. Back into smaller bras.
    Week 5 - first sign of muscle definition in thighs and stomach! Rest of clothes very baggy, holding it a bit longer to replace. Stronger and faster during swimming.

I'll repaste and add more as they happen. Would love to read yours, even if you don't know exactly when the changes occurred, or just want to start from now :)

Just to add:

Week 6: 1st stone lost and felt definition in my calves, my "small" (not really - they're 36C) bras are starting to get ever so slightly too big, and my bum is DEFINITELY smaller :)

Anyone else want to play?
  • neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    edited September 2019
    Let's see pros.. My heart problems disappeared, my depression and anxiety reduced, my legs don't cuff or clap when I try to move bit faster, I have way more energy then ever before, I can climb stairs by skipping (and do it for FUN), my lower back fat s disappearing, my stomach s flater, my bum s smaller and rounder, I was told today I have arms of a rock star (what I consider a compliment), my legs are way leaner then I could ever imagine..
    Cons.. Well, my tities are almost gone now (from like D+ to C) and I have bit saggy skin in that area that I am okay to live with.. My face isn't that cute as it was before, now it s longer and facial futures are way more prominent then before.. Small seatbacks when I consider all the pros
  • LeiLaura
    wmweeza wrote: »
    I keep a running list of all my body changes, that way if I get discouraged I can look at the list and see that yes...things ARE changing. Also my starting BMI was 45.1, now it's 29!
    SW: 263
    CW: 171-172
    GW: 135

From oldest to newest at the bottom:

Can tell I've lost weight in my feet

My jawbone is starting to feel boney

My thighs: I used to have to stand a yardstick apart for my thighs not to touch, now it's just about 18 inches (now 4 as of 1/2019)

Can now feel my skull again at my temples

Can feel my butt bones

Can now feel my entire ribcage outline, back and front. I used to not feel my ribs, they were hidden in fat

My "Neck hump" of fat is gone from my neck/shoulders

I can now cross my legs again

My belly button is drooping

My knees have a new dent in the side where fat used to be

I put on identical smaller pants to my big ones, now even the smaller ones will be too big soon ( a month or 2 ago they didn't fit, were snug)

My elbows are boney and have empty "Dents" now where there is little to no fat

I have gone from a size 3x to 1x (26 to 18 approx) As of Jan 2019 it's now 1x to XL depending on store (now XL to L as of Sept 2019)

I have to use a padded shower seat ( My butt bones hurt)

My wedding rings are too big (update below)

My collarbone is really visible and my wrists are tiny

As of Nov 2018 I can now shop in regular stores!

Jan 2019. My shoes are too big! My feet shrunk again

Feb 19 The first person in the outside world noticed and commented on my weight loss! The nurse at my docs office hadn't seen me in 2 months and said I looked like I lost a bunch of weight.

March 19 I squeezed into my old size 14 pants! Maybe in another month or two I can wear them

My necklaces are longer! Now that my neck is thinner my necklace chains hang much longer.

When I lay on my side my knees hurt if they touch....no more fat padding!

I'll have to replace my drivers license, it says I am 200 pounds, but now i very clearly am NOT 200

TWO of my in laws both approached me at dinner and asked me if I'd lost a bunch of weight and how I'd done it :) (as of 86 pounds lost ...may 2019)

My ring size has gone from a size 7 to 5.5 (july 2019)

Aug 19, bought my first pair of size L pants

Wow, this is brilliant, well done!
  • LeiLaura
    ketsuban25 wrote: »
    My jeans are so loose now I can pull them up and down without undoing them. My work trousers that were so tight it felt they were cutting circulation off around my groin are now my "big" trousers. When sitting on the floor, it's no longer a struggle to get up. I feel able to wear short sleeves and don't feel the need to wear long shirts over leggings. My appetite is greatly reduced; I can no longer finish a meal at a restaurant and have to box up half of it. All this and I'm not even halfway to my goal. I've lost 20lb and have about 30lb to go before I hit my goal weight. I had no idea how much extra fat could hold you back even if you're not obese.

Well done, you're well on your way!
  • LeiLaura
    neyagoal wrote: »
    Let's see pros.. My heart problems disappeared, my depression and anxiety reduced, my legs don't cuff or clap when I try to move bit faster, I have way more energy then ever before, I can climb stairs by skipping (and do it for FUN), my lower back fat s disappearing, my stomach s flater, my bum s smaller and rounder, I was told today I have arms of a rock star (what I consider a compliment), my legs are way leaner then I could ever imagine..
    Cons.. Well, my tities are almost gone now (from like D+ to C) and I have bit saggy skin in that area that I am okay to live with.. My face isn't that cute as it was before, now it s longer and facial futures are way more prominent then before.. Small seatbacks when I consider all the pros

You *are* a rockstar! Well done :)