Jp's omad journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 I am glad that I found out about it and now the doctor is helping me to get better :) Don't worry about Mom...she has been like so even before I was born as per Dad...lol. You should see her lecturing my 2 kiddos when she first came over after she bought her house.....lol...lecturing them about the evil of computer games, etc. DD fell asleep listening to her...lol. These days, when they hear Mom coming in, they will greet her and tell her that they are going into their rooms to do homework....sounds bad, isn't it? Anyway, Mom got me some slimming pills (FatBlaster) today. I told her that the doctor forbids me to take any medicine without his permission and Mom said she will ask him in church on Sunday. Oh well...lol. That's Mom and we have got use to her being like so..most of the time :) Have a wonderful weekend :)
  • jadepearl
    Y2W7
    CW:54.4kg (119.7lbs)
    Next weigh-in : 7 or 8 September 2019

Good evening OMADers <3

It has been a beautiful Friday till a thunderstorm came around 4ish and it has been raining ever since. On the OMAD side, it has been a good day. I OMAD early today as my tummy was growling for food. Made some roast chicken with lots of veggies. As I am advised to be more gluten-free, I didn't eat the focaccia bread which I made to go with the chicken :( I ended up eating some rice with it. I finished up with rice crackers as dessert. So, the total calories for today is 911. As for exercise, just finish 40 mins of zumba. As for liquid intake, drank 1.5 litre of water, 1 pot of tea and 2 diet soda so far.

I sure hope that I can see some weight loss when I weigh-in on Sat or/and Sun...*fingers cross*

Have a wonderful weekend, you guys! <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Oh so sorry for all of that. hopefully you will be able to get to where you want to be. We are here to support you!!
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you ❤️ I told the Doctor that its very hard for me to loose those last few kgs till I hit that magic 50. He just told me to take my time and he's here if I need anything😊 So, no hurry as he puts it. Have a wonderful weekend ❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Ditto to what Donna said - we're here to help!!!
  • jadepearl wrote: »
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you ❤️ I told the Doctor that its very hard for me to loose those last few kgs till I hit that magic 50. He just told me to take my time and he's here if I need anything😊 So, no hurry as he puts it. Have a wonderful weekend ❤️

Hey JP, I’m so sorry to hear about your condition. But don’t let it get you down! You got this, evidently, I see you’ve come so far despite it. :) It’s quite amazing.

Ugh, parents. They can just be the worst can’t they, even if they mean well haha. Good that you choose to listen to yourself.
    And you are so right, patience is everything. Keep it up, you are doing so great. I’m also keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh in! Have a wonderful weekend as well.
    E.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Aww, I'm sorry you were diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have it too. Thankfully I got on to the correct dose of meds pretty quick and it helped me SOOOO much. I used to be tired ALL the time. Felt like a zombie b/c of the exhaustion and brain fog I had most days and had no idea why and once diagnosed and on the meds.. like night and day for me.
    Hopefully with the meds you'll have an easier time losing weight too.
    I was never told to avoid certain foods though? So that's interesting that your doctor told you that.
    I hope you're doing ok!
  • jadepearl
    @deadmanwonderland - Thank you for visiting my thread and for posting <3 I am a slowcoach who grumbles a lot...lol...but eventually, I will get to my GW. No worries about Mom as she is Mom...lol. My weigh-in didn't go that well but at least I didn't gain weight :)
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 This doctor of mine is a health freak. He is into a lot of natural healing stuff. Anyway, he showed me some medical websites online about what food to eat and what to avoid for hypothyroidism. Its hard to change my diet but I guess health comes first. :)
  • jadepearl
    Y2W8
    CW:54.5 kgs (119.9 lbs)
    Next weigh-in : 14 or 15 September 2019

Good evening OMADers <3

Thank you everyone for your love, kindness, support and concern <3<3<3 Firstly, as you can see I didn't gain or loss much for the week. Its A-OK with me :) I know me....I can be stuck at a number o

Right now, I am trying to adjust my diet to a more friendly hypothyroidism diet. I am now going to add in more eggs and fish in my diet for start. As the experts states "Eggs: Whole eggs are best, as much of the iodine and selenium are found in the yolk, while the whites are full of protein" . As for dessert, I had an apple and a handful of grapes as per my Doctor. As the experts states "Apples are rich in pectins, a gelatinous fiber that helps clear the body of heavy metals, especially mercury, which has been associated with thyroid disorders". So, the total calories for today - 1099. I will be exercising at least 40 mins later in the evening zumba-ing :) As for liquid, 1.5 litre of water so far and 2 diet soda. I am trying to hit 2 litres of water per day and till date, still not able to succeed.

Have a wonderful Monday, you guys <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    You've got this babe! Nice maintenance :) Rooting you on darlin!
  • jadepearl
    Thank you @mistymeadows2005 <3
  • jadepearl
    Y2W8

Good afternoon OMADers <3

It has been a funny weather today...its suppose to be Spring time but its freezing cold and raining hailstones :( Yesterday night, we were all shivering as it was about 2°C at night. As they say over here, never trust our weather forecast...lol !!!

I am really hopeless when it comes to drinking water...so, I finally found myself a 2 litre water bottle. So, its my mission to fill it up each morning and carry it with me where ever I go so that I have to finish this 2L bottle of water...lol. It sounds childish but I think this will really help me to drink 2L of water...lol. Had to OMAD early today as I was super hungry. It might be due to the rain and cold weather. Anyhow...the total calories for today is a little lower than expected but I really really wanted to eat more apples. OMG, its just so sweet. Its a natural cross between a Gala apple and a Braeburn apple. I just couldn't help myself...I ate 2 big ones...lol. If an apple a day, keeps the Doctor away, then, if I eat 2, that wish will come true :)<3 As always, will try to zumba in the evening for 40 mins minimum. As for liquid intake, so far, only managed 1L of water :(

Hope that everyone will have a wonderful Tuesday <3

• jadepearl
    edited September 2019
    Here's a photo of the 2L bottle which I am using to make me drink 2L per day😁🤣😅

xwgacbso7l10.jpg

Here's a photo of the cupcakes that I promised my kids that I will bake for them since last week... 😅😅😅 It's hard as I love anything chocolate but I didn't eat any cupcakes😩

fmfb75m3qvpf.jpg

• jadepearl wrote: »
    Y2W8

Good afternoon OMADers <3

It has been a funny weather today...its suppose to be Spring time but its freezing cold and raining hailstones :( Yesterday night, we were all shivering as it was about 2°C at night. As they say over here, never trust our weather forecast...lol !!!

I am really hopeless when it comes to drinking water...so, I finally found myself a 2 litre water bottle. So, its my mission to fill it up each morning and carry it with me where ever I go so that I have to finish this 2L bottle of water...lol. It sounds childish but I think this will really help me to drink 2L of water...lol. Had to OMAD early today as I was super hungry. It might be due to the rain and cold weather. Anyhow...the total calories for today is a little lower than expected but I really really wanted to eat more apples. OMG, its just so sweet. Its a natural cross between a Gala apple and a Braeburn apple. I just couldn't help myself...I ate 2 big ones...lol. If an apple a day, keeps the Doctor away, then, if I eat 2, that wish will come true :)<3 As always, will try to zumba in the evening for 40 mins minimum. As for liquid intake, so far, only managed 1L of water :(

Hope that everyone will have a wonderful Tuesday <3

Good morning,

The 2L water bottle is an excellent idea! I don’t find it childish whatsoever. I find it rather smart. You find out what you roughly drink in a day without thinking, and can train yourself to get used to the 2L. Great stuff :smile: It’s all about small steps forward isn’t it? Getting to know ourselves better and adapting new or different habits.

Really impressed you manage to Zumba on a daily basis!

Have a good day,
    E.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I agree on the water bottle. I got a new one when we were on vacation and it holds 24 oz. I have agenda on my desk at work with all my work stuff, and I put a check after every bottle, I usually have 5 by the end of work which is 120 oz. I think that is why I suck on water on the weekends because I don't keep up with it. I think that is a great idea.

Man oh man those cupcakes I wish they would get out of my head they looked amazing :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    YASSSSSSSSSSSS those cupcakes look so good! Good on ya for avoiding them!

I LOVE the 2L bottle! I make Ced carry a gallon water thing bc he will literally go all day with 16oz of water and then wonder why he has headaches all the time :expressionless: It keeps you accountable AND reminds you!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I love that bottle!! And you do what you gotta do to drink your water :)
    OMG I would die if I had to make those cupcakes. Stay strong!
  • jadepearl
    @deadmanwonderland - Thank you <3 Oh yes, its all about baby steps :) I love dancing and I guess I love zumba because the workouts have lots of dance tracks... lol :)
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 Yes, with that 2L bottle, I finally managed to get in 2L of water yesterday... :) My 2 kids finished all the cupcakes yesterday itself... lol