I already have the nutritional know-how do I add

I ate at a national restaurant and the food choice is not in the data base of Fitness Pal but is on the restaurant's website. Is there a way to just input that information?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    On the website, after you search for a food and it brings up a lot of suggestions, there's clickable text on that page asking you if you didn't find what you were looking for and want to create a new food.

On the Android app, go to recipes, meals & foods from the main menu (pulls down from the three horizontal lines in the upper left of most pages). Then click on foods. At the bottom of the page will be a link that says "Create a Food."

If you're using the iOS app (iPhone), say so, and hopefully someone will come along who can tell you where it's located on that app (if it is -- there seem to be some weird functional inconsistencies across the apps).
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    You could just use the Quick Add function if you’re not too worried about the macros and nutritional make up of what you ate. Certainly the easiest way to just add the calories.
  • Just go to recipes and type up the website in the search bar- otherwise add the meal as a new food, mfp does give you the option to put in the full data manually
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Just go to recipes and type up the website in the search bar- otherwise add the meal as a new food, mfp does give you the option to put in the full data manually

MFP most definitely does give you the option to put in the full data manually. I have done it hundreds of times.