Haircuts AFTER weight-loss success stories~Do you luv it or hate it&would u cut all your hair again?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    That's fantastic advice! πŸ‘΅πŸ‘©πŸ‘¨πŸ‘§πŸ‘¦πŸ‘Ά
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    A lot depends on your hair. My sister has thick, curlier hair and has always had a very short cut. (Says too full when long). My hair on the other hand is thin & straight. I love her short hair & semi-tried it myself (not as short but shorter than I was used to) and I felt bald, because mine lays flat no matter how I try to style it. Thinking about quitting fighting it & trying to get it to style, and letting it grow straight.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    So for me culturally long hair is a must. I have shaved my head before and will rock it for a bit esp in Texas hell I mean Texas summers but long hair is just a must for culturally to appear feminine. I got many questions if I was lesbian or something else with short hair. I also found it was so much easier when I was working out 5 times a week I could do a quick rinse and move on.

zinx32cy5yrs.jpg

znhpsiaqt6ec.jpg

You look absolutely FABULOUS with short hair and ESPECIALLY the colored short hair...just smashing and thank you so much for replying...you ROCK!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    I have a secret to tell you.

Short hair is even more fun than you think it's going to be. 😊

I've been bald from cancer, and as someone above said, that look can be pretty cool if you're not sick. I found it very feminine. Maybe because I wore more make-up then.

I also only wear my hair short at a certain weight because I don't think it flatters my face when my face is fuller.

My advice is to pick a few short hairstyles and keep it short for awhile and change it up a bit. If you immediately start letting it grow once you cut it, you may never find your optimal short style and never really know if you like short hair.

I LOVE this/your super inspiring/encouraging post {{{{ <3 HUGS <3}}}}} I especially appreciate you sharing with me that you found rocking a short cut very feminine, because honey I'm a SUPER girly girl--I just LOVE LOVE LOVE being a girl SO MUCH and am an ultra mega feminine woman and again--even though I don't wear make-up and don't plan to cause by The Grace of God I'm a super natural beauty and don't need it :p (but love to see make up on others though)...I DO wear and love all kinds of exotic and gorgeous jewelry (earrings, necklaces and bracelets and rings), I appreciate you mentioning you found you rocking a short cut very feminine...because ya girl over here plans to ramp up my femininity even MORE when I cut my hair short...is that possible? Honey YES it super IS and how thrilling to think about (which I will consider so much FUN and EXCITING and DARING) with a super short/sassy cut.

tenor.gif

Thank you again!
  • LyndaBSS
    edited September 2019
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME

Your post made me giggle like a pixie haired natural beauty girly girl. πŸ˜™

I forgot to mention earlier in the thread that yet another advantage of short hair is being able to show off gorgeous earrings.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    LyndaBSS wrote: Β»
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME

Your post made me giggle like a pixie haired natural beauty girly girl. πŸ˜™

I forgot to mention earlier in the thread that yet another advantage of short hair is being able to show off gorgeous earrings.

Girlllllll...LYNDA!!!! You are such an absolute SCREAM! I'm over here giggling my tail off with what you said, just ROLLING :D

Man! I actually really love that so much... "giggle like a pixie haired natural beauty girly girl". I wish I could use that as a "vanity" license plate on my car or if I didn't love my user name so much AND if it weren't too long, I definitely want to use that as my user name/avatar. {{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}. Once more, I LOVE that term--you funny and wonderful woman you. Thank you ever so VERY much for making me laugh soooo hard and smile from ear to ear. You're a super special person and just the BEST, period. Also, absolutely, positively, unequivocally YES on the showing off gorgeous earrings for sure--I LOVE that I'll be able to do that too!

P.S. "giggle like a pixie haired natural beauty girly girl" WOW...so CUTE and hilarious at the same time--just exactly how I LOVE to be and live!
    tenor.gif
  • LyndaBSS
    Awwwww, shucks. 😏
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    Awwwww, shucks. 😏

{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}} and Thank you again for making my day with such laughter and JOY!
  • LyndaBSS
    You're very welcome. Your post made my day shine a little brighter. πŸ˜€
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    You're very welcome. Your post made my day shine a little brighter. πŸ˜€

BOOM!
    That's what I'm talking about AND That's the ticket honey!
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    I'm about to cut my hair into a bob but, while it's kind of diet related, it's more because all the swimming I've been doing has KILLED my hair... Still looking forward to a change as part of the new me, though I do usually regret a major cut after the novelty wears off!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    I did the complete opposite. I always had my hair short pixie cut for most of my adult life and when I lost most of the weight, I started to let it grow to a layered shoulder length, which I love ! Hubby loves it so much that he is always stressing when I go to the salon, scared that I would go back to short haha :smiley:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    Well...good news and bad unexpected news:

Went to the beauty shop yesterday and my stylist REFUSED to cut my hair short. She said she loves my hair at the length it is ( I do too and my husband loves my hair and length too actually) and she reshaped and trimmed/cleaned up my little lower than neck-line (it's a wee bit shorter than my collar bone) bob, which looks fabulous. She told me to get a cute pixie wig ( I NEVER wear/wore wigs before :| ) and rock that for a couple of months and if I absolutely love it...then she'll cut it for me. She told me trying a short pixie wig for a while will help me determine if I REALLY want a drastic cut. I LOVE HER.

That said...I was looking at some youtube videos on cutting my own hair and found some TREMENDOUS ones:

How to cut a shorter blunt cut bob yourself
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZyQutZAZY

GREAT tips on blow-drying and cutting a bob
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgmXG4ES2Rw

Cutting a shorter bob yourself with a...RAZOR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V4PuAH15E8

I watched a LOT more and if I decide to do it myself...my daughter will help me. In the mean-time a pixie cut wig is a wonderful idea. Again, I LOVE my stylist and she loves me too!!!!!

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    LeiLaura wrote: Β»
    I'm about to cut my hair into a bob but, while it's kind of diet related, it's more because all the swimming I've been doing has KILLED my hair... Still looking forward to a change as part of the new me, though I do usually regret a major cut after the novelty wears off!

I always put conditioner in my hair and wear a tight-ish swimming cap when I swim--that helps me hair tremendously, plus I use this shampoo and my hair LOVES it:

https://www.amazon.com/UltraSwim-Dynamic-Repair-Shampoo-Conditioner/dp/B007FMXL52?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Ultraswim-Chlorine-Removal-Moisturizing-Shampoo/dp/B00JGQ4E6K/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=swim+shampoo&qid=1568121593&s=beauty&sr=1-4

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I don't really do much with my hair, but a few years ago I thought short haircut would be comfortable so I got a very short pixie cut (the kind you can spike up, not the kind with bangs). I was still morbidly obese back then, so it wasn't about weight loss, but no, I would not do it again. I loved it for the first couple of days, then realized I needed to style it daily or I would look like something exploded in my face. I had to maintain it and trim it too often for my comfort. I had new expenses for frequent hair cuts and hair products. I decided to just grow it out and the middle stages before I could tie it were awful. Will not ever do it again, especially with the kind of hair I have. Too much of it, can get frizzy, tangles like nobody's business, and hard to tame.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I don't really do much with my hair, but a few years ago I thought short haircut would be comfortable so I got a very short pixie cut (the kind you can spike up, not the kind with bangs). I was still morbidly obese back then, so it wasn't about weight loss, but no, I would not do it again. I loved it for the first couple of days, then realized I needed to style it daily or I would look like something exploded in my face. I had to maintain it and trim it too often for my comfort. I had new expenses for frequent hair cuts and hair products. I decided to just grow it out and the middle stages before I could tie it were awful. Will not ever do it again, especially with the kind of hair I have. Too much of it, can get frizzy, tangles like nobody's business, and hard to tame.

Thank you ever so very much for this post...very encouraging and helpful to me!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    Reading all these posts reminded me of a stellar moment in my childhood.

I had the typical straight hair, shoulder length with bangs. My mother and I were at Alexander's Meat Market.

All of a sudden, my mother looks at me and bellows, "what did you do to your hair? "

Now, everybody is watching me. I remember softly saying to her "I don't want bangs anymore so I cut them off."

I had cut my bangs right down to the scalp not understanding that they would just grow back. πŸ˜‚

LYNDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl--I LOVE you, you got me cracking UP over here. Girl!!!!!!
    giphy.gif
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    LeiLaura wrote: Β»

I always put conditioner in my hair and wear a tight-ish swimming cap when I swim--that helps me hair tremendously, plus I use this shampoo and my hair LOVES it:

https://www.amazon.com/UltraSwim-Dynamic-Repair-Shampoo-Conditioner/dp/B007FMXL52?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Ultraswim-Chlorine-Removal-Moisturizing-Shampoo/dp/B00JGQ4E6K/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=swim+shampoo&qid=1568121593&s=beauty&sr=1-4

Thank you so much - Amazon, here I come! Can I ask if the conditioner comes out on the pool at all? I've tried two caps now, and they both leak the water in. Not sure if they would leak the conditioner out...?
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @LyndaBSS --my granddaughter must be like you were--she has cut her bangs down to the scalp before (& right before school pictures, too!!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!